AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Red Skull is never getting off Vormir.

Lol, I already covered that in a previous post. Poor guy probably thought his sentence had ended when Natasha sacrificed herself so Clint could get the Soul Stone. Then Cap puts it back. If Herr Schmidt thought he hated Rogers before...<Lmaoo>

Lol, I already covered that in a previous post. Poor guy probably thought his sentence had ended when Natasha sacrificed herself so Clint could get the Soul Stone. Then Cap puts it back. If Herr Schmidt thought he hated Rogers before...<Lmaoo>

It's actually because old man Steve traveled to Vormir after Thanos broke his curse in 2018 and kicked his ass again. Old Man Steve is the best.

Isn't he has backstory of beinf involved in assasins and stuff? I think if director was some none American guy they might include some (kinda) anti-American joke, like here is Captain America, superhero who represents America -- assasin, terrorist who can't get punished for his past actions.

I mean that in itself could make for a decent plot but I suspect moreso they felt Buckey didn't need it already having a decent character were as theres not much too Falcon so far, he's really just a foil for Rogers so having to looking to live up to the title adds a some depth.

But Thanos destroys them so in the current timeline it's a stone-less universe.

I thought that was the point, the stones are tied to the Thanos plot and the MCU is going to move in a different direction now?

Really Strange with the time stone always seemed overpowered to me, I mean even the events of Infinity War and End Game were following his plan.

The discrepancy to me seems to be Loki vanishing with the power stone but didn't the film give the impression that something like that creates a separate timeline? that could make sense if the rumoured Loki net series happens as its set in an alternate timeline were as he's still dead in the main MCU timeline.

Just got back from watching it with my Son, a solid 9 from me. Not as action packed as IW but did a great job of bringing everything together. Plenty of laugh out loud one liners, I especially enjoyed Ant Man's contributions. Mixed feelings about what they did with Thor, found it funny but thought the disparity in his powers from the end of IW to now a bit annoying.
Last hour was great although I would have liked to have seen more 1 v 1s or at least more battles between our heroes and the dark order as I feel they were a little underutilised given they were brought back, especially Maw.
Not a huge fab of time travel as I feel its pretty much impossible to do right in a movie unless its purely a timetravel film (a la predestination) but felt that the scenes of the time heist were well done, with the exception of Hulk's being a little boring.

Also can anyone clarify what Dr strange meant when he held up 1 finger to iron man, and how iron man pulled the switcheroo on Thanos with the gauntlet?

Just got back from watching it with my Son, a solid 9 from me. Not as action packed as IW but did a great job of bringing everything together. Plenty of laugh out loud one liners, I especially enjoyed Ant Man's contributions. Mixed feelings about what they did with Thor, found it funny but thought the disparity in his powers from the end of IW to now a bit annoying.
Last hour was great although I would have liked to have seen more 1 v 1s or at least more battles between our heroes and the dark order as I feel they were a little underutilised given they were brought back, especially Maw.
Not a huge fab of time travel as I feel its pretty much impossible to do right in a movie unless its purely a timetravel film (a la predestination) but felt that the scenes of the time heist were well done, with the exception of Hulk's being a little boring.

Also can anyone clarify what Dr strange meant when he held up 1 finger to iron man, and how iron man pulled the switcheroo on Thanos with the gauntlet?

I took it to mean, "Now is the one moment in 14 million you can defeat Thanos, Tony".

I thought that was the point, the stones are tied to the Thanos plot and the MCU is going to move in a different direction now?

Really Strange with the time stone always seemed overpowered to me, I mean even the events of Infinity War and End Game were following his plan.

The discrepancy to me seems to be Loki vanishing with the power stone but didn't the film give the impression that something like that creates a separate timeline? that could make sense if the rumoured Loki net series happens as its set in an alternate timeline were as he's still dead in the main MCU timeline.

Yeah, the stones are destroyed, but I guess it could be confusing for some people. We're now in the post-Stones era and one thing that made an impression on me was the Ancient One explaining stuff to Banner, but the MCU is actually now in the craziest timeline with 0 stones in place holding things together.

The Loki running away thing seems to open up possibilities to feature his adventures, and it's the space stone so he could travel in space but not backwards or forwards, so overall he should be dead since the stones are returned to their points before any of the heist stuff happens and it closes the loop on the separate timeline. And then Thanos destroys them.

On the end when they put tony on the river/lake (whatever) who was that random guy that they've shown ? (I think he's the only random person there)

Last edited:
Saw it last night. Was decent but inferior to IW by quite a bit imho. Im at work right now so i will make a more elaborate post about it tonight.

Will only say one thing for now though :

Look what USADA did to Thor. Its ruining the sport.

On the end when they put tony on the river/lake (whatever) who was that random guy that they've shown ? (I think he's the only random person there)

The kid? I think it was Harley from Iron Man 3, but don't quote me on that.

Really though I think the Russo's took the view that Infinity War was going to focus on delivering action and interaction between all of these characters were as End Game was going to focus on the characters of the original 6 Avengers. So even when we did shift into really big action scenes at the end things felt a bit different in that they were more character focused rather than going for "maximum coolness" as with the showdown with Thanos on Titan.

I think the way this film looked to focus mostly on capping off the plots from the MCU so far rather than looking to build future stories probably tells you that Marvel is going to look to a slower rebuild. We know theres a smaller scale Spiderman film coming and I'm guessing the Black Widow film will be a flashback? being very cynical here but that Disney are making it a "female" film in terms of director and writers makes me think it will be quite self contained?

I'm guessing that the main Avengers plot might shift onto one or both of the Doc Strange and Black Panther sequels akin to the Captain America sequels? Strange especially seems like the potential leader of the group now but arguably would benefit box office wise from a few other Marvel characters.

Really though I think the Russo's took the view that Infinity War was going to focus on delivering action and interaction between all of these characters were as End Game was going to focus on the characters of the original 6 Avengers. So even when we did shift into really big action scenes at the end things felt a bit different in that they were more character focused rather than going for "maximum coolness" as with the showdown with Thanos on Titan.

I think the way this film looked to focus mostly on capping off the plots from the MCU so far rather than looking to build future stories probably tells you that Marvel is going to look to a slower rebuild. We know theres a smaller scale Spiderman film coming and I'm guessing the Black Widow film will be a flashback? being very cynical here but that Disney are making it a "female" film in terms of director and writers makes me think it will be quite self contained?

I'm guessing that the main Avengers plot might shift onto one or both of the Doc Strange and Black Panther sequels akin to the Captain America films?

Personally, I'm hoping for a Doctor Doom film as soon as possible. With or without the FF. Tony, Cap and Thanos are massive acts to follow. Holland is great as Spidey, so too is Cumberbatch as Strange. And the Guardians are always fun, especially now that Thor has joined them. But we need a Heavyweight Big Bad and iconic Heroes like the X Men introduced to the MCU to balance out the loss of the OG.

I wonder if James Gunn even knew thor would become part of the GOTG? Or maybe he wont in the next one? Did he know gamorra wouldnt know anything? The next one should be interesting.

One thing I dont get, how is spiderman still in highschool if 5 years went by? Kind of a big plothole which Im assuming is why they said far from home finishes off phase 3 cause it will be before IW.

Back