AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Pretty good ending to the franchise. There are a few minor tweaks I would have made, and a couple of things I would have removed altogether. But for the most part, it's really solid entertainment.

It was decent enough. Had some cringey moments, had some awesome moments, and there’s a bunch of stuff I would have liked written differently but you can only pack so much into a movie. And trying to pick up where Infinity War left off is a massive task itself.

I think Cheadle is by far the worst marvel casting. Larson is also horrid, but at least she looks the part. Cheadle is supposed to be WAR MACHINE. He’s 5’4” 150 pounds.

I would have loved Elba in the role.

One of my favorite War Machine panels was during secret invasion where he’s getting dissected by Skrulls and they essentially strip him down of everything —

Skull Doctor: “ok, it’s safe. We’ve taken all his weapons.”

War Machine: “you idiot, I AM A WEAPON!”

As he proceeds to blast him with a bionic laser eye.

As he proceeds to blast him with a bionic laser eye.
tumblr_maq0dxXZjw1rwfcp0.gif

I think Cheadle is more miswritten than miscast.
He was also underutilized. Either use him properly or don't.

I think Cheadle is more miswritten than miscast.
He was also underutilized. Either use him properly or don't.
Both miswritten and miscast. What value does he add? He’s just another body. At least make him a WEAPON. He’s legit just Ironman lite. There is nothing intimidating about him. Rhodes is supposed to be a military man of high distinguish, military strategist and overpowered force in combat.

In the battle of Wakanda, it should have been he, Cap and T’Challa making the plan. He added nothing to that battle or any battle. His part in civil war was comic relief and forced drama. (The hammer breaking on its first shot against cap).

it just doesn’t help that it looks like a stiff breeze could take him out as well.

EDIT: at least his armor in End Game was a little better looking. But it didn’t go NEAR far enough. I realize they tried to balance so much to give each character a piece of the movie, but Hulk and War Machine just got jobbed so badly.

I thought the CGI at the end looks like complete ass. All the different characters together you could tell they were filmed differently and just pasted on the screen. It looked like they rushed it together like the timing or movement was off just enough for it to look like shit (for a movie with that budget) IMO.

Both miswritten and miscast. What value does he add? He’s just another body. At least make him a WEAPON. He’s legit just Ironman lite. There is nothing intimidating about him. Rhodes is supposed to be a military man of high distinguish, military strategist and overpowered force in combat.

In the battle of Wakanda, it should have been he, Cap and T’Challa making the plan. He added nothing to that battle or any battle. His part in civil war was comic relief and forced drama. (The hammer breaking on its first shot against cap).

it just doesn’t help that it looks like a stiff breeze could take him out as well.

EDIT: at least his armor in End Game was a little better looking. But it didn’t go NEAR far enough. I realize they tried to balance so much to give each character a piece of the movie, but Hulk and War Machine just got jobbed so badly.
Agreed. I wonder if RDJ or Disney had him nerfed. Hard to imagine a writer/ director bringing the character in and not wanting to leverage at least some of the potential.
Rhodey was a good character in the 1st movie, but WM has been a total waste.
Also, he didn't have to be a big guy if they made him at least a tough/ hawk time character.

Agreed. I wonder if RDJ or Disney had him nerfed. Hard to imagine a writer/ director bringing the character in and not wanting to leverage at least some of the potential.
Rhodey was a good character in the 1st movie, but WM has been a total waste.
Also, he didn't have to be a big guy if they made him at least a tough/ hawk time character.
Sit back while I air some more MCU War Machine grievances.

A major issue I found with the MCU is the iron man suits themselves.

Iron Man 1: Stark powers his suit with the arch reactor. Iron Monger is powered with a knock off which wasn’t as powerful and ultimately failed. The take away was that only Stark had the Arch Reactor and thus only Stark had the power to be Iron man.

Iron Man 2: Now Rhodes has a suit and Whiplash has a suit of comparable strength. So now we have 3 people with IM level suit/power in the MCU with no presumed qualification or power needed to use one.

Infinity War: Banner pilots the Hulk Buster suit. It gets ripped apart by outriders ::eye roll::

End Game: F’in Pepper Potts, CEO and business woman gets a suit of her own.

My issue is, if there is no prequalifier to use a suit, why wouldn’t they have built everyone suits? Falcon is out there flying around without so much as a helmet!

Easy solution to this: Neuro-Link the suits. IM1 the tech was powered off of the arch reactor, but once we made the modern suit(upgraded tech), make it so advanced that only Starks mind could handle the load of controlling it. It can also be how he fires his weapons so seemlessly etc.

Have him say only the strongest, weapons oriented minds can control something with that power.

In comes Rhodes, the WAR MACHINE. Built for combat, he’s mentally capable enough to link up with the suit and not only control it, but make it even more combat efficient. He’s less mobile than Iron Man, but packs way more power.

This makes Rhodes actually independent of Stark and of everyone else. It actually makes him useful and a value to the team because ONLY HE can handle the suit alongside Tony.

From here you could see his combat brain wanting to add even more firepower to the suit to the point of it being ridiculous. You could even roll this into
Armor Wars by having Frank Castle steal a suit.

Banner should have been working to take the stone out of Visions head alongside Shuri and Potts should never have made it into End Game.

SMH

Sit back while I air some more MCU War Machine grievances.

A major issue I found with the MCU is the iron man suits themselves.

Iron Man 1: Stark powers his suit with the arch reactor. Iron Monger is powered with a knock off which wasn’t as powerful and ultimately failed. The take away was that only Stark had the Arch Reactor and thus only Stark had the power to be Iron man.

Iron Man 2: Now Rhodes has a suit and Whiplash has a suit of comparable strength. So now we have 3 people with IM level suit/power in the MCU with no presumed qualification or power needed to use one.

Infinity War: Banner pilots the Hulk Buster suit. It gets ripped apart by outriders ::eye roll::

End Game: F’in Pepper Potts, CEO and business woman gets a suit of her own.

My issue is, if there is no prequalifier to use a suit, why wouldn’t they have built everyone suits? Falcon is out there flying around without so much as a helmet!

Easy solution to this: Neuro-Link the suits. IM1 the tech was powered off of the arch reactor, but once we made the modern suit(upgraded tech), make it so advanced that only Starks mind could handle the load of controlling it. It can also be how he fires his weapons so seemlessly etc.

Have him say only the strongest, weapons oriented minds can control something with that power.

In comes Rhodes, the WAR MACHINE. Built for combat, he’s mentally capable enough to link up with the suit and not only control it, but make it even more combat efficient. He’s less mobile than Iron Man, but packs way more power.

This makes Rhodes actually independent of Stark and of everyone else. It actually makes him useful and a value to the team because ONLY HE can handle the suit alongside Tony.

From here you could see his combat brain wanting to add even more firepower to the suit to the point of it being ridiculous. You could even roll this into
Armor Wars by having Frank Castle steal a suit.

Banner should have been working to take the stone out of Visions head alongside Shuri and Potts should never have made it into End Game.

SMH
my understanding was that Tony was the only person smart enough to make an arch reactor small enough to power the suits, not that there was only 1 AR.
So he made another for WM and Whiplash, whose dad was one of the scientists who helped Tony make the original AR, created his own lesser/ Iron Monger level version to power the most efficient killing weapon of all time: the whip (whip cracking sound effect). I can see Tony only supplying his most trusted inner-circle with that tech (poor Happy, though amirite?). In fact that was part of IM2, was the government wanting to mass produce his tech because Tony wouldn't give it up. Maybe thats why we never got to see a proper WM because Rhodey stole his suit to work for Uncle Sam. #trustissues

I love your idea of the neurolink/ mind power controlling the suit; would have been a great progression and made the ridiculous leap to nanotech more imaginable.

Hopefully they find away to plug WM into one of the upcoming movies/ series. A proper WM series could make a lot of money for Disney.

And agreed, Banner should not have been on the field in that battle.

Back