AVENGERS: ENDGAME (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AVENGERS: ENDGAME, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
We all had to see this coming. Obviously they were going to re-release it just prior to part 2. At least I assumed that. makes sense they're releasing it during low movie times as filler though. If they'd put it on my local Dolby Cinema experience I'd go in a flash.

Endgame was lesser than Infinity War imo, but Avatar was the biggest empty calorie movie ever, nobody ever quotes it or references it, it never comes up in any sorts of recommendation or favorites list.
This is totally Unobtainium

I say good with some great moments. Time travel is a bit tired and uninspired but they used it really well in this I thought. As far as wrapping up the entire collection of movies they did a great job. Has a great rewatchability to it. I'm typically averse to movies this length but it passes quite well.

Update: March 13, 2021

AVATAR Re-release in China Overtakes AVENGERS: ENDGAME as Top-Grossing Film of All Time

Sorry, Avengers. James Cameron's 2009 epic blockbuster Avatar has passed up Marvel's 2019 superhero extravaganza Avengers: Endgame to once again rule as the top-grossing film of all time at the global box office, not adjusted for inflation.

Avatar's surprise victory is a result of the movie's rerelease in China this weekend, where it earned more than $8 million through Saturday afternoon alone, according to Disney. That puts Avatar's total box office at $2.8 billion, versus $2.797 billion for Endgame, which was released in 2019.

Commenting on the achievement, Avatar producer Jon Landau, said: "We are proud to reach this great milestone, but Jim and I are most thrilled that the film is back in theaters during these unprecedented times, and we want to thank our Chinese fans for their support. We are hard at work on the next Avatar films and look forward to sharing the continuation of this epic story for years to come."

The good news for Disney, which owns Marvel Studios — it also is now home to Avatar as a result of the merger with 20th Century Fox.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rule-as-top-grossing-pic-at-global-box-office

I really liked Avatar when it first came out, but this is some of the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard.

I say good with some great moments. Time travel is a bit tired and uninspired but they used it really well in this I thought. As far as wrapping up the entire collection of movies they did a great job. Has a great rewatchability to it. I'm typically averse to movies this length but it passes quite well.

agreed. the whole ten year arch is epic and endgame was/is a suitable end to the story line. people shitting on marvel are just wrong in terms of quality and especially in terms of claiming there is no depth to the stories.

agreed. the whole ten year arch is epic and endgame was/is a suitable end to the story line. people shitting on marvel are just wrong in terms of quality and especially in terms of claiming there is no depth to the stories.

I'm typically a "to each their own" type but to say there isn't quality to this is just off. Approaching blind hater territory.

So avatar allegedly got re released and made up all the money it previously earned and then added more? Or did it just get re released in china and the added difference is what tipped it over?

I wonder how long this battle will go on for where Avatar and Endgame keep re-releasing to one up the other?

Why didn't Vision go translucent when Thanos grabbed him to take the mind stone?

I'd like to know why Vision was an unbeatable monster in AoU but then gets totally pwn'd from beginning to end in Infinity War? Scarlet Witch and Vision are two extremely heavy hitters and they get absolutely owned by Thanos' henchmen, but then Cap, Widow and Falcon show up and clean house? Makes no sense.

It’s the 2 year anniversary of one of the greatest moments in cinematic history.

I remember seeing this opening night and the crowd was red hot. I’ve never experienced that at a movie before. People were popping huge. It was amazing.

When that avengers theme song kicks in is just amazing stuff. You needed to be there opening night to experience it. It was electric

It’s the 2 year anniversary of one of the greatest moments in cinematic history.

I remember seeing this opening night and the crowd was red hot. I’ve never experienced that at a movie before. People were popping huge. It was amazing.

When that avengers theme song kicks in is just amazing stuff. You needed to be there opening night to experience it. It was electric

Agreed. In all of my years of watching movies in cinemas, Endgame was the most amazing cinematic experience for me thanks to the enthusiastic reactions of the audience. Infinity War is a close second. Both films have sooo many awesome highlights.

Agreed. In all of my years of watching movies in cinemas, Endgame was the most amazing cinematic experience for me thanks to the enthusiastic reactions of the audience. Infinity War is a close second. Both films have sooo many awesome highlights.

I get chills watching that twitter clip now. I remember the theater and how people were going crazy. You had to be there to understand it

I get chills watching that twitter clip now. I remember the theater and how people were going crazy. You had to be there to understand it

I can’t believe it was two years ago. Feels like a few weeks back lol. Even crazier that Infinity War was 3 years ago and Civil War was 5.

Wasn’t a huge fan of endgame overall but man was that ending amazing.

Back