Movies AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Finally saw this yesterday in IMAX 3D. Visually the movie was amazing. The whole movie felt like the most advanced video game we have ever seen. Imagine if Cameron used this technology to make Terminator 3 with de-aged Arnold or an Alien sequel with Weaver. Parts of the military even felt like Weyland-Youtani. Feels like a bit of a waste to use this amazing technique over and over rehashing the same movie 3-4 times.

Not a very good movie at all. Wooden to terrible acting , story was average at best n that's being kind. The visuals are great n on part with Dune or maybe even better.

But for me the novelty ofcthe visuals wears off n your left with a meh story n bad acting.

Not a very good movie at all. Wooden to terrible acting , story was average at best n that's being kind. The visuals are great n on part with Dune or maybe even better. But for me the novelty ofcthe visuals wears off n your left with a meh story n bad acting.

Watch bullet train.

Best movie in over a decade. Not so much the absurd fighting but the rich vibrant colors and the storyline. More importantly it had meaning and it tied together without any rubbish gender politics or woke crap.

Free on Amazon prime btw. <Moves>

This movie was average and the 3D glasses gave me a headache.

Pros:
- it expanded on the Avatar universe, we got new locations, characters and species.
- The CGI was good … I guess.
- the soundtrack was decent.

Cons:
- too damn long, it was over 3 hours!
- The good guys are angels and the bad guys are irredeemably evil. I was kind of hoping for a redemption arch for the main bad guy when he found his son. They could have written his character as if war was all he had ever known and he is merely carrying out orders from higher powers etc, but his love for his son brings him back from the dark side…. …at times, they even kinda flirted with this story angle … but, nah he is just a POS to the core!! smh.
- the battle scenes seemed to be much smaller scale compared to the first movie.
- Sygourney Weaver’s character is not really explained. She was born from a virgin and is connected closely to Ehwa (the Navi god) … is she like the Jesus of this universe??

Overall, it was alright, I don’t understand the hype, tbh … 5/10

the 3D glasses gave me a headache.
I felt like teh 3D glassez slipping down my nose waz the issue there because that made it get blurry for a moment, and then too much of that action waz teh cause of eye strain that may or may not lead to a headache. I immediately reached out to my friendz who hadn't seen it yet, recommending they get some ear hooks or one of those straps you can tie to your glasses on each end & then tighten around your head. (like motorcycle riders use)

I was kind of hoping for a redemption arch for the main bad guy when he found his son. They could have written his character as if war was all he had ever known and he is merely carrying out orders from higher powers etc, but his love for his son brings him back from the dark side…. …at times, they even kinda flirted with this story angle … but, nah he is just a POS to the core!!
You maybe wanted that payoff too soon, as it's my opinion that you got that arch... they're just waiting for full payoff in future movies.

Colonol BigBad had Jake Sully right where he wanted him with a knife to his child's throat. He had all teh leverage & could've made Jake lay down & get murdered right then & there to save that child. However, Naytiri grabbed BigBad'z son (spider) & got real searious that she waz willing to cut him open. "Cuuuuuuuttttttttt" (she said with a nightmare inducing look on her face while holding a knife to his child's throat) BigBad gave up his leverage to save his son and failed his prime objective for "family reasons."

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you're talking about that you were wanting to see. Maybe you took a piss break during that part? My first viewing, I missed teh part about teh whale's brain juice while I waz off to teh looooo.

Sygourney Weaver’s character is not really explained. She was born from a virgin and is connected closely to Ehwa (the Navi god) … is she like the Jesus of this universe??
Correction: "Assumed" virgin.

That's obviously intended for a later reveal & meant to be a cliff hanger for teh fun of us discussing it right now.

If you recall from teh first movie, "Grace" (Sigorney'z character) waz connected to teh Spirit Tree to save her life by transferring her soul through teh eye of Eywa to her Avi body. It supposedly didn't work, but it seemz the fetus in teh already impregnated Avitar body waz embraced by teh great mother Eywa. That's my running theory.

Teh Spirit Tree is the Na'vi'z closest physical link to the sentient Mother Aywa who is basically Pandora'z "mother nature" in which all things grow from... so it's not beyond reality to think that Mother Eywa could fertilize her Avi'z egg through some liquid secretion through teh "Tsaheylu queue" (their pony tail). Teh Na'vi do have a different physiology than we do. Of coarse the Avi body was covered in Eywa hairs & so secreting some fluids straight into teh goody box isn't out of teh question either. :p

Though I'd be fine with that possibility, I'm leaning on there being someone who got his swag on just prior... but either way, it could be said that Aywa became a 3rd parent after Sigorney'z soul passed through teh Eye of Eywa. Teh Na'vi spiritualist said: "She must pass through The Eye of Aywa and return."

Teh daughter'z ability to communicate with Eywa and guide their "Mother Pandora..." are like nobody has ever seen, & so regardless of whether or not Grace'z avitar's seed waz indeed fertilized by another... or by Mother Eywa herself... Eywa haz chosen her representative, and that's really teh coolest thing about all that regardless of how teh egg got fertilized.

Teh thing about the "seisure" & all that waz interesting, and obviously mis-diagnosed that "Kiri te Suli Kìreysì'ite" shouldn't be hooking in. It seems that one topic of her parentage should be avoided, but otherwise, she should be able to do it without issue, and I'd invite her to stay hooked in. Like just live that way and just don't ask that one question. As an Aywa certified physician myself... that is my diagnosis. :cool:

4do1a3M.jpg

IOW...
...They could go with her being impregnated by teh quirky scientist that Sully'z kidz joked on her about, (or anyone for that matter) and then justify teh kidz powers due to that connection to Aywa through the spirit tree in which Aywa chose teh fetus to be her sentient representative. Cool stuff imo.

I find teh hole thing fascinating & don't mind a bit waiting for teh next movie for more answers or even if they only partially explain it & we gotta wait for movie 4. I think it's fun speculating about it and I'm enjoying teh cliff hanger.

Last edited:
I felt like teh 3D glassez slipping down my nose waz the issue there because that made it get blurry for a moment, and then too much of that action waz teh cause of eye strain that may or may not lead to a headache. I immediately reached out to my friendz who hadn't seen it yet, recommending they get some ear hooks or one of those straps you can tie to your glasses on each end & then tighten around your head. (like motorcycle riders use)

You maybe wanted that payoff too soon, as it's my opinion that you got that arch... they're just waiting for full payoff in future movies.

Colonol BigBad had Jake Sully right where he wanted him with a knife to his child's throat. He had all teh leverage & could've made Jake lay down & get murdered right then & there to save that child. However, Naytiri grabbed BigBad'z son (spider) & got real searious that she waz willing to cut him open. "Cuuuuuuuttttttttt" (she said with a nightmare inducing look on her face while holding a knife to his child's throat) BigBad gave up his leverage to save his son and failed his prime objective for "family reasons."

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you're talking about that you were wanting to see. Maybe you took a piss break during that part? My first viewing, I missed teh part about teh whale's brain juice while I waz off to teh looooo.

Correction: "Assumed" virgin.

That's obviously intended for a later reveal & meant to be a cliff hanger for teh fun of us discussing it right now.

If you recall from teh first movie, "Grace" (Sigorney'z character) waz connected to teh Spirit Tree to save her life by transferring her soul through teh eye of Eywa to her Avi body. It supposedly didn't work, but it seemz the fetus in teh already impregnated Avitar body waz embraced by teh great mother Eywa. That's my running theory.

Teh Spirit Tree is the Na'vi'z closest physical link to the sentient Mother Aywa who is basically Pandora'z "mother nature" in which all things grow from... so it's not beyond reality to think that Mother Eywa could fertilize her Avi'z egg through some liquid secretion through teh "Tsaheylu queue" (their pony tail). Teh Na'vi do have a different physiology than we do. Of coarse the Avi body was covered in Eywa hairs & so secreting some fluids straight into teh goody box isn't out of teh question either. :p

Though I'd be fine with that possibility, I'm leaning on there being someone who got his swag on just prior... but either way, it could be said that Aywa became a 3rd parent after Sigorney'z soul passed through teh Eye of Eywa. Teh Na'vi spiritualist said: "She must pass through The Eye of Aywa and return."

Teh daughter'z ability to communicate with Eywa and guide their "Mother Pandora..." are like nobody has ever seen, & so regardless of whether or not Grace'z avitar's seed waz indeed fertilized by another... or by Mother Eywa herself... Eywa haz chosen her representative, and that's really teh coolest thing about all that regardless of how teh egg got fertilized.

Teh thing about the "seisure" & all that waz interesting, and obviously mis-diagnosed that "Kiri te Suli Kìreysì'ite" shouldn't be hooking in. It seems that one topic of her parentage should be avoided, but otherwise, she should be able to do it without issue, and I'd invite her to stay hooked in. Like just live that way and just don't ask that one question. As an Aywa certified physician myself... that is my diagnosis. :cool:

4do1a3M.jpg

IOW...
...They could go with her being impregnated by teh quirky scientist that Sully'z kidz joked on her about, (or anyone for that matter) and then justify teh kidz powers due to that connection to Aywa through the spirit tree in which Aywa chose teh fetus to be her sentient representative. Cool stuff imo.

I find teh hole thing fascinating & don't mind a bit waiting for teh next movie for more answers or even if they only partially explain it & we gotta wait for movie 4. I think it's fun speculating about it and I'm enjoying teh cliff hanger.

Inferesting points.

I guess as a point of personal preference, I like my movies to be self-contained movies, rather than “episodic chapters”, whereby you need to watch the next one to tie up the loose ends. I don’t mind one or two cliffhangers or plot points that can be explained later, but, for me, this movie just felt unfinished … despite being over 3 hours long.

Last edited:
Back