Pupi

SAVAGE
@Steel
Reaction score
I noticed that the same avatar i've been using for months can't be seen in threads when i make posts. After this, I chose 2 more avatars and they aren't shown either. Can someone help me out and tell me what caused this? Thanks guys.

Did these avatars first get used when you were a platinum member? When the membership expired you can keep the avatar (normally, I think?), but if you try and change it to another similar sized plat av after that it won't work.

Try uploading a new av to the non plat spec to see if that works.

100 x 100 remember, as a non plat

135 x 135 as a plat.

CABS to the rescue!

Did these avatars first get used when you were a platinum member? When the membership expired you can keep the avatar (normally, I think?), but if you try and change it to another similar sized plat av after that it won't work.

Try uploading a new av to the non plat spec to see if that works.

alright, i'll try that out. thanks ronwah. i've had the same one since i was a plat and there wasn't any problems with it, but a few days ago i noticed that it wasn't showing. i'll figure it out now.

100 x 100 remember, as a non plat

135 x 135 as a plat.

thanks bro. i'll re-size it now

dammit, i've been re-sizing some pictures, but an avatar still doesn't pop up -_-

I'm not surprised it's been stripped... that thing was hideous.

lol yea that's what i was thinking, but it makes no sense as to why i can't upload another one. i loved that avatar

Well I'm fresh out of ideas then! Someone more helpful should be along soon.

thanks man, i appreciate it ron! at least someeeebody is doing their job and helping people in need. you are a just and humble leader

Sometimes the change can take awhile to reflect I think... For whatever reason. I've had a couple times where I've updated a new avatar and it was the same for like half a day.

Your guys' avs don't automatically resize themselves to fit when you upload them? Mine always have...seven years and never had to resize.

Yeah, I hooked him up. Sometimes there's discrepancies, if a mod takes out what they deem as an inappropriate avatar it can screw up the person getting another avatar back up on occasion, not sure why that is. And though I've put down a french fry reading some of your posts, in the end it's just a fat, slighty asian looking middle aged man in a pink training bra with a come hither look. That's just Sherdog. It's not like it's a Rosie O'Donnell avatar. Also, if you've been a platinum member and go defunct for awhile, the 135x135 vs. 100x100 avs transition back might have a burp, though it doesn't happen often. If you get carded, you can also lose your avatar, you're supposed to. If you have custom text, it can sometimes block the cards from being visible, so your avatar's gone and you don't know why - (if you have a rebellious nature, maybe Josh Crosscheck your recent post history with the User Rules sticky and see if anything lines up).

Other than that, if you're just hitting the 250 post count, as has been said, just hang in and let it ride, it'll kick in.

If you think you're having problems outside those I've posted, pm me or post here in the support forum and we'll get to it. Rosie O'Donnells, you're on your own.

Back