"Avalean" Weight Cutting Supplement

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Chris Beeby, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Chris Beeby

Chris Beeby Brown Belt Professional Fighter

Coach of a brother gym that got me on the fight card I have my first fight on (in 2 weeks) mentioned a weight cutting supplement.

It's called "Avalean" (no idea how to spell it) and supposedly you put it on your skin and it can lose you about 3 pounds of water weight. I was planning on doing a traditional cut, but was looking for some information on this stuff, never heard of it before.

For anyone curious, I weigh about 160 (170+ w/o strict diet) and am weighing in at 155 same day for my fight.

2. mimo

mimo Brown Belt

Personally, i think if you have no problems making the cut that you do, stick with that instead of doing something you haven't tested before.

3. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Sounds like a terribly bad idea to try right before your first fight. Even if it does nothing truly physically adverse, you might not like the "feel," and that would screw with you mentally.

Also, I googled and turned up nothing.

4. 10thpjj

10thpjj Green Belt

It's Albolene your looking for mate, pretty big on the UK fight seen for quick and easy way of cutting a few pounds.

Never used it myself, as I fight same day and therefore diet down with no cut. However, I have a few team mates who love the stuff. As far as I'm aware you lather it all over your body (no homo) and it makes you sweat insanely!

Hope that helps!

5. Chris Beeby

Chris Beeby Brown Belt Professional Fighter

Thanks guys. I don't plan on using it, as the normal cut is what I am prepared for and what I was expecting.

My main concern with the stuff is where the sweat would even come from.