Australia's fire should be a watershed moment

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Dunno bout the Koalas mate but you'd need something twice or even three times the size of these fires before kangaroos become an endangered species much less extinct. Considering we culled them for so long I'm guessing perhaps culling will be stopped for a while otherwise they'll be fine.

Since you're in Adelaide as well you probably know that they were considering culling the koalas on Kangaroo Island (considered a "koala sanctuary") due to their population size prior to the fires, and sterilised quite a few of them. They are estimating that they could have lost half of them though, so that's certainly no longer a problem.

Since you're in Adelaide as well you probably know that they were considering culling the koalas on Kangaroo Island due to their population size prior to the fires. They are estimating that they could have lost half of them though, so that's certainly no longer a problem.
Too early to tell yet mate don't think they've even confirmed how many houses have been lost let alone animal numbers yet but I'd imagine yes the fires probably will stop the culling in certain parts of the country for a year or two then we'll be back at it. Incidentally kangaroo tastes pretty damn incredible.

Too early to tell yet mate don't think they've even confirmed how many houses have been lost let alone animal numbers yet but I'd imagine yes the fires probably will stop the culling in certain parts of the country for a year or two then we'll be back at it. Incidentally kangaroo tastes pretty damn incredible.

Oh I eat shitloads of kangaroo, never tried koala though. Can't imagine it tasting any good.
They aren't culling koalas anywhere though, chlamydia is wiping them out.

Oh I eat shitloads of kangaroo, never tried koala though. Can't imagine it tasting any good.
They aren't culling koalas anywhere though, chlamydia is wiping them out.
Yeah can't imagine they'd taste good the little STD riddled buggers.

The whole "koalas are going extinct after the fire" was social media trash.

And the fact you posted Kangaroos means you have no idea at all what you are talking about. There is an OVERPOPULATION of kangaroos. They are literally hunted for money because they breed too fast and need to be culled to prevent starvation.

I'm from Australia and I was also a firefighter for several years. Social media has turned this into a circus
I just went by with what I read, without checking. I'm sorry for my lack of kangaroo expertise.

A lot.
Did you know that the firefighters could not back burn effectively because the temperatures are becoming too hot to do so.

Did you know that the majority of the fires were not started by arsonist.

Did you know that 2019 was the hottest on record.

This doesn't surprize me in the least. It should but it doesn't.

Back