Australia's fire should be a watershed moment

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
looks as though someone decided to take on the task themselves and a good part of the globe is pitching in for additional funding and services

This is just devastation. Prescribed burns are done to get rid of the dry fuel without destroying all the trees and wildlife, which is why the conditions have to be carefully selected.

Get educated before crying
Update: Dozens More Arrested In Australia For Deliberately Setting Wildfires
https://www.dailywire.com/news/upda...-australia-for-deliberately-setting-wildfires

not sure how fossil fuel usage links to jackasses setting fires.

Because the bushfire season started earlier due to record setting, unseasonally warm weather for November/December when we also have typically higher average winds. Also because the fuel has been dramatically increased by the droughts which are increasing in severity, duration and extent.
There's always been "jackasses setting fires" when the conditions are hot, dry and windy.

WHEW!! Thank goodness. I needed that official explanation to ease any concern I may have had. Just like the official story was Notre Dame wasn’t arson, 10 minutes into the fire.

tenor.gif

Thank you Mr government official. You are truly my ally
So every fire official in Australia is in on a big conspiracy, meanwhile you are willing to believe the baseless propaganda campaign spread by Twitter bots about arsonists. Nice.

The hot, dry conditions in 2019 were caused by a climate phenomenon called a positive Indian Ocean Dipole (IOD), which was unusually strong, as well as human-induced climate change, says Andrew Watkins at the Bureau.

Since the beginning of last century, global warming has raised Australia’s average temperature by just over 1°C. This doesn’t sound like much, but it means that Australia’s extreme temperature days are also a degree hotter, which is why records keep being broken, says Watkins.

So how much can specifically be traced to human induced climate change?

Stuff like this reminds me of their drought in the early 2000's. People were saying it was the worst drought in 1000 years. If the 2000's was caused by human induced climate change, what caused the one 1000 years ago? Also 100 years is insignificant in the course of history and earths history. Ice records show the earth has natural cycles of rising and falling temperatures. I'm sure humans have some effect on climate change but to what extent? If the temp has risen just over 1⁰C, what is to be blamed on humans and how much is natural?

So how much can specifically be traced to human induced climate change?

Stuff like this reminds me of their drought in the early 2000's. People were saying it was the worst drought in 1000 years. If the 2000's was caused by human induced climate change, what caused the one 1000 years ago? Also 100 years is insignificant in the course of history and earths history. Ice records show the earth has natural cycles of rising and falling temperatures. I'm sure humans have some effect on climate change but to what extent? If the temp has risen just over 1⁰C, what is to be blamed on humans and how much is natural?

Because of sunspot activity the suns output has dropped over the past 40 or so years, we should have cooled yet the temp of the earth has increased. There is no other source of energy found that can account for this excess heat except for green house gases bouncing heat back to the surface. CO2 has a source signature and the excess CO2 can be traced to the burning of fossil fuels. It's clear that the evidence so far is pointing to man made global warming, do you agree?

Because of sunspot activity the suns output has dropped over the past 40 or so years, we should have cooled yet the temp of the earth has increased. There is no other source of energy found that can account for this excess heat except for green house gases bouncing heat back to the surface. CO2 has a source signature and the excess CO2 can be traced to the burning of fossil fuels. It's clear that the evidence so far is pointing to man made global warming, do you agree?

For an alternative perspective: https://pubpeer.com/publications/391B1C150212A84C6051D7A2A7F119#5

Pat Frank doesn't think the warming trend can be attributed to CO2 and that any predicted warming for the future based on predicted greenhouse gas emissions, if fulfilled, will be a mere coincidence.

Pat Frank doesn't think the warming trend can be attributed to CO2 and that any predicted warming for the future based on predicted greenhouse gas emissions, if fulfilled, will be a mere coincidence.

That's interesting, what does he think is causing it?

That's interesting, what does he think is causing it?

He has no idea lol.

Frank:
So the bottom line is this: When it comes to future climate, no one knows what they’re talking about. No one. Not the IPCC nor its scientists, not the US National Academy of Sciences, not the NRDC or National Geographic, not the US Congressional House leadership, not me, not you, and certainly not Mr. Albert Gore. Earth’s climate is warming and no one knows exactly why. But there is no falsifiable scientific basis whatever to assert this warming is caused by human-produced greenhouse gases because current physical theory is too grossly inadequate to establish any cause at all.
https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/a-climate-of-belief/

Back