Australia's fire should be a watershed moment

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
That's fucked up. What kind of psychopaths btw? The "I can't get a girlfriend so I'm gonna torch some koalas" psychopaths or the "I hate the infidels so I'm going to burn their country" kind?
Militants of the Greta Alliance possibly

If you're going to post this you should post your source.
You're right.

From NSW police site, 180 arrested in total for fire related charges, 40 are juveniles, 24 of 180 are for deliberately lighting wild fires, and I'd heard 17 of the 24 deliberate suspects were juveniles, but the official release doesn't specify that, so it may be inaccurate:

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news_article?sq_content_src=+dXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGODIyNjQuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

Last edited:
imagine that. Leftist policy destroys. Their policy is never rooted in reality, But their feels
It’s easy to do if you’re also trying to push a climate change agenda. Reality isn’t their strong suit.

a billion?

There is one fire in Australia right now that covers 1.5 million acres. It’s just an astronomical amount of space that is on fire, which starts to make sense of how a billion animals could be killed. It sounds absurd, but I guess when you consider the scale of the fires it becomes believable.

There is one fire in Australia right now that covers 1.5 million acres. It’s just an astronomical amount of space that is on fire, which starts to make sense of how a billion animals could be killed. It sounds absurd, but I guess when you consider the scale of the fires it becomes believable.
ya, good explanation actually. nowhere TO run.

I mean, a billion is obviously a rough estimate. im sure no one knows how many animals actually live in the deep bush.

anyways, its terrible.

eleventy billion

its says scientist right in the title....
i love that response.

Im not saying that this story is bullshit, but damn, “Scientist” is the modern “Priest” in terms of - you are just a dumb peasant, believe what the immortals tell you.

ya, good explanation actually. nowhere TO run.

I mean, a billion is obviously a rough estimate. im sure no one knows how many animals actually live in the deep bush.

anyways, its terrible.

Right it’s not like we can actually count. But I would guess that wildlife experts have a general understanding of how much wildlife lives in each area.

I just googled it out of curiosity and around 12.5 million acres have burned.

If they are estimating one billion dead animals, that’s about 80 animals per acre.

I heard that a bunch of arsons made it the hottest and driest year in Australia on record

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2019-2019-was-australias-hottest-and-driest-year-on-record/

2019 was Australia’s hottest and driest year on record
Environment 8 January 2020
By Alice Klein

gettyimages-1173491617.jpg

Sydney, New South Wales
Andrew Merry/Getty

Last year was Australia’s hottest, driest year ever, according to the annual climate statement of the national Bureau of Meteorology. The conditions have intensified the current wildfires, which are the worst on record.

The average daytime maximum temperature across Australia in 2019 was 30.7°C , the highest since records began in 1910 and 2.1°C above the usual average. The extreme temperatures were spread across most of the country.

inarticle-Watch-Text-Btn-rbg.png
inarticle-Play-Btn.png

Australia also had six of its hottest single days on record in 2019. On 18 December – the most extreme of these days – the average daytime maximum across Australia was 41.9°C.

The hottest temperature recorded anywhere in Australia in 2019 was in Nullarbor in South Australia, where it reached 49.9°C on 19 December. This fell just shy of Australia’s hottest-ever recorded temperature – 50.7°C – which occurred at Oodnadatta in South Australia on 2 January 1960.

Australia’s average rainfall total in 2019 was 277 millimetres, the lowest since records began in 1900 and about 40 per cent below normal. Severe drought affected large parts of the country.

“Since we’ve been keeping records, we’ve never seen an overlapping hottest year on record and driest year on record,” says Karl Braganza at the Bureau of Meteorology. This has driven the unprecedented fires that have ripped through New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia since September, he says.

The hot, dry conditions in 2019 were caused by a climate phenomenon called a positive Indian Ocean Dipole (IOD), which was unusually strong, as well as human-induced climate change, says Andrew Watkins at the Bureau.

Since the beginning of last century, global warming has raised Australia’s average temperature by just over 1°C. This doesn’t sound like much, but it means that Australia’s extreme temperature days are also a degree hotter, which is why records keep being broken, says Watkins.

The positive IOD has recently shifted back to neutral, meaning rainfall may increase slightly in the coming months, says Braganza. However, temperatures are still predicted to be hotter than normal for the rest of summer, he says.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2019-2019-was-australias-hottest-and-driest-year-on-record/#ixzz6AdpEvAt5

Doesn't explain how climate change caused psychopaths to start fires.

Seems that an intensified naturally occuring phenomena wasn't a strong enough line, so they added along with for good measure.

Arsonists exist every year. This time it just happened to be the driest and hottest one on record.

But yeah nah I heard if you can attribute the fires to any other cause than that means climate patterns have nothing to do wth it.

If your plan for preventing catastrophic effects of climate change is to have 100% of people stop being antisocial dickheads, than we are fucked.

Right it’s not like we can actually count. But I would guess that wildlife experts have a general understanding of how much wildlife lives in each area.

I just googled it out of curiosity and around 12.5 million acres have burned.

If they are estimating one billion dead animals, that’s about 80 animals per acre.
if your math is right the number is way off, an acre isn't going to support anything close to 80 animals, unless they included bugs in their guesstimate

Doesn't explain how climate change caused psychopaths to start fires.

Seems that an intensified naturally occuring phenomena wasn't a strong enough line, so they added along with for good measure.
the positive IOD is the equivalent of an el nino event. Yes it causes hot and dry conditions but it isn't an uncommon phenomenon. occuring every few years. For this year to be the hottest and driest on record the underlying climate trend needs to be considered.

I would say the retards are the doomsayers pushing this agenda and the people thats believe the world is coming to an end in X amount of years. Do a quick google of how many times they've been wrong with their predictions of the last 30 plus years. How many times have these same people been caught manipulating data or changing the metrics of how its collected or reported? It's not an issue of does the climate change, it are we causing it and why so much dishonesty about the people pushing the agenda? it's nothing but a control and money redistribution scheme.

Rising sea levels are also normal.

I'd also add if we are contributing to climate change then by how much? If we we are going to curtail CO2 emissions potentially bringing economic hardship and worse quality of life to millions upon millions of people how much of a difference does it actually make regarding climate change on a macro scale? And finally what negative effects does climate change really have? How bad is it? All the impartial data suggests that people are living longer and happier and deaths related to extreme climate events are way down.

if your math is right the number is way off, an acre isn't going to support anything close to 80 animals, unless they included bugs in their guesstimate

I would imagine that some acres might have hundreds of field mice, snakes, frogs, lizards, trees with bird nests full of baby birds, squirrels, etc.

Some acres might have very few animals, while other acres might have hundreds. I don’t even know how to estimate that kind of thing.

Back