Australia's fire should be a watershed moment

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/10/795169417/enormous-mega-fire-in-australia-engulfs-1-5-million-acres

This makes me sick. How much of this fire do you attribute to human-caused climate change?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/07/australia/australia-fires-police-action-trnd/index.html

The Australia wildfires are a countrywide catastrophe, mainly caused by drought and extreme heat, but dozens of people are directly to blame for some of the problem, officials say. Police have charged at least 24 people for intentionally starting bushfires in the state of New South Wales, according to a statement the New South Wales Police released Monday.

Well if it turns out it was a coordinate effort by a couple of greta goofs to do this....they have inadvertently set back their “climate change” initiatives for decades

I’m not sure how comfortable I am with people blaming every wildfire and heat wave on climate change.

It reeks of retarded climate deniers posting about how climate change isn’t real every winter because their hometown was cold

Things like rising sea levels are certainly caused by climate change, a particularly bad natural disaster is not necessarily caused by climate change.

What should matter is on the macro level, not the micro level.

How much of this fire do you attribute to human-caused climate change?
None at all. The temperature going up something like .7 of a degree does not cause fires.
The cops have arrested 186 people for starting some of these fires apparently. One of the biggest causes is the greenies, the activists who have been stopping burn-backs and the clearing of huge amounts of deadwood which then becomes fuel. However Trump is to blame ultimately.

I’m not sure how comfortable I am with people blaming every wildfire and heat wave on climate change.

It reeks of retarded climate deniers posting about how climate change isn’t real every winter because their hometown was cold

Things like rising sea levels are certainly caused by climate change, a particularly bad natural disaster is not necessarily caused by climate change.

What should matter is on the macro level, not the micro level.
I would say the retards are the doomsayers pushing this agenda and the people thats believe the world is coming to an end in X amount of years. Do a quick google of how many times they've been wrong with their predictions of the last 30 plus years. How many times have these same people been caught manipulating data or changing the metrics of how its collected or reported? It's not an issue of does the climate change, it are we causing it and why so much dishonesty about the people pushing the agenda? it's nothing but a control and money redistribution scheme.

Rising sea levels are also normal.

they arrested like 200 arsonists. Blamed for starting many of the fires.

look at California, most of those are man made as well, blamed on “homeless”

Maybe, just maybe people are doing this on purpose, and they are new immigrants who HATE western society and their host countries.

maybe, it’s leftist wackos trying to get people to join the climate hysteria that only the west has (for control)

Food for thought. Subversive thoughts. People want to ban thoughts like these.
The fires started in rural areas in California. I blame pg&e nepotism and laziness for it.

Global warming is a contributing factor to California and Australia fires, but at least in the case of California, it is most definitely not one of the principal causes. We have mismanaged our brush for three decades, and our forestry officials have been warning us for all that time.

Finally the hens came home to roost.

Last edited:
Btw please tell me which part of this was the "forest fire" part of paradise

right.
Those fires were from the electrical lines. I think PG&E are responsible for 2 of the huge fires recently.

but they couldn’t trim the trees around the lines bc of leftist environmental statutes

I quick google search will show that many many other huge fires in California are blamed on humans and charmed up to some homeless person.

but also google back into the day articles about “fire terrorism”. The news was saying that starting fires is a great way to attack.
Hey bro get some sleep ur going off the deep end.get some help.

How much of this fire do you attribute to human-caused climate change?
None at all. The temperature going up something like .7 of a degree does not cause fires.
The cops have arrested 186 people for starting some of these fires apparently. One of the biggest causes is the greenies, the activists who have been stopping burn-backs and the clearing of huge amounts of deadwood which then becomes fuel. However Trump is to blame ultimately.
I did a quick Google search and was immediately met by articles claiming that people are spreading misinformation about arson. They said that police have taken legal action against around 200 people but only about 25 for arson. The rest for negligence. Idk what the hell is going on but it is really fucking irritating to constantly see people spreading info as if it is fact. The cast majority of people don't know what the fuk is going on regarding any issue yet the vast majority of people that speak on any issue act like they have it all figured out because most people admit that they don't know or are skeptical about any issue don't say anything. Also really fucking annoying how people tend to form 2 opposing teams around any issue when it's asinine to think that there are only 2 answers one right one wrong. Fucking morons.

right.
Those fires were from the electrical lines. I think PG&E are responsible for 2 of the huge fires recently.

but they couldn’t trim the trees around the lines bc of leftist environmental statutes

I quick google search will show that many many other huge fires in California are blamed on humans and charmed up to some homeless person.

but also google back into the day articles about “fire terrorism”. The news was saying that starting fires is a great way to attack.
PG&E was to blame but more than not there were plenty of fires started by people
https://www.newsweek.com/wildfire-started-homeless-encampment-los-angeles-746742

https://www.foxnews.com/us/officials-southern-california-brush-caused-by-homeless-encampment
Several fires in the Los Angeles area have been blamed on homeless encampments in recent years.
many more examples.

add in this sort of stupidity
https://www.beefcentral.com/news/ql...d-1m-penalty-for-making-fire-breaks-too-wide/

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fin...family-now-feel-vindicated-20090212-85bd.html

The recent fires in Australia and the loss of life and property were apparently compounded by a draconian policy that prevented people who lived in the fire threat zones from cutting trees and brush near their properties. We witnessed something equally tragic in Lake Tahoe fire in 2007, owing to similar eco driven government stupidity forcing heavy handed policies there. Residents couldn’t get permits to cut down brush and trees, the result was a firestorm of catastrophic proportions.

A family in Australia saw the threat, decided on civil disobedience, cleared a firebreak, and got fined $50,000. They feel vindicated now, because their house is one of the few in Reedy Creek, Victoria, still standing, the only one in a two kilometer radius. Good for them.

The quote from the homeowner that is the title of this entry really does say it all. Here’s the story from The Sydney Morning Herald.

As said in this thread arson and shitty policy changes are more of a cause.

You can't forget the eucalyptus tree either, that devilish bastards

CA: were on fire!

Aussies: that’s not a fire, this is a fire.
MV5BMDIzYjhiYTItMDQzZC00NDlmLTk2NmYtZTk3MTc1Y2VjYWNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Surely climate change made 180 people lose their minds and start those fires. Only a carbon tax could have prevented those otherwise good folks.
They started those fire to bring attention to global warming and should be treated as heroes.

I for one attribute it to the human caused intentional lighting of fires by dozens of (mostly young and dumb) psychopaths caught so far.

2 dozen just in New South Whales so far.
That's fucked up. What kind of psychopaths btw? The "I can't get a girlfriend so I'm gonna torch some koalas" psychopaths or the "I hate the infidels so I'm going to burn their country" kind?

Well if it turns out it was a coordinate effort by a couple of greta goofs to do this....they have inadvertently set back their “climate change” initiatives for decades

They murdered over a dozen people. It is terrorism.

I for one attribute it to the human caused intentional lighting of fires by dozens of (mostly young and dumb) psychopaths caught so far.

2 dozen just in New South Whales so far.

If you're going to post this you should post your source.

they arrested a bunch of people for starting the fires and the locals are saying if they would have cleared underbrush and had done control burns like requested they wouldn't be in this position now

but the shark attacks are definitely caused by climate change
I think they’re arguing that they didn’t start the fire as it was always burning since the worlds been turning

Back