International Australian war crimes: Elite troops killed Afghan civilians

BonesWinckleJones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54996581
There is "credible evidence" that Australian elite soldiers unlawfully killed 39 people during the Afghan war, a long-awaited report has found.

The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has released findings from a four-year inquiry into misconduct by its forces.

• Junior soldiers were told to get their first kill by shooting prisoners, in a practice known as "blooding"
  • Weapons and other items were planted near Afghan bodies to cover up crimes
  • An additional two incidents could constitute a war crime of "cruel treatment"

australia i'm disappointed

There is "credible evidence" that Australian elite soldiers unlawfully killed 39 people during the Afghan war, a long-awaited report has found.

The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has released findings from a four-year inquiry into misconduct by its forces.

• Junior soldiers were told to get their first kill by shooting prisoners, in a practice known as "blooding"

I think it would be hard to find a war where something like this hasn't happened. Its good there is a proper investigation into these incidents. However, if there was a war that actually threatened our homeland then i bet there would far less concern for such war crimes.

This is infinitely worse than Abu Ghraib

U.S soldiers did this in Vietnam too. War gets murky and the people on the ground get paranoid and make big mistakes. I'm not even going to pretend what it's like. This is why good leadership is crucial
The Koreans in Vietnam were as brutal as the Japanese to them.

Senior leadership refusing any responsibility whilst also probably mandating the use of Mefloquine for the duration of their deployment in Afghanistan.

Im think wtf are aussies doing in afghanistan anyway?

Usa is understable since terrorism and superpower power games but australia?

Not surprised at all. Australians are basically Texans with a funny accent.

Not surprised at all. Australians are basically Texans with a funny accent.
They are? then how do they have national health care? No guns? Sound more like Candians with a funny accent.

UHC has like zero chance in TX and banning gun even less than zero.

They are? then how do they have national health care? No guns? Sound more like Candians with a funny accent.
Because they don't have alabama, mississipi, arkansas, louisiana, and tennessee doubling down with them. They also don't have the electoral college.

Back