Social Warning!! Very Sad Video but Important Bullying!!

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I've never been a bully but I've dealt with it as a kid and even as an adult. I really don't think much of it and just assumed it was a natural part of life and sometimes you just have to set people straight.

I know kids can be especially cruel but what kind of sick little fucks would bully this little guy. This is do heartbreaking. He is waaaaay to young to be thinking about killing himself. I don't even know what to say.

***Mod Edit***
Well, this has caused quite the stir, with some calling the video a hoax/scam after more biographical details have been dug up about the stars of the viral video. I compiled some informative posts on this for your convenience below, not in thread order, but news.com.au has done a feature on this now, so if you want to be brought up to speed, I suggest you just go visit its link:
Social media users provide ‘proof’ of Quaden Bayles real age
Outraged supporters of Quaden Bayles have jumped to his defend his innocence — sharing a photo that proves he’s just a 9-year-old boy.

1. https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158923659/
  2. https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158912063/
  3. https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158900849/
  4. https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158905887/
  5. https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158924449/
One of our plats has posted a poll where you can weigh in on whether or not you believe it's a scam:
Do you think Quaden Bayles story is a scam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that earlier. That is messed up. Poor kid.

Nowadays schools seem to care more about protecting the bullies.

Why is the mom just videoing it and not trying to console the kid?

Kindness and empathy aren't taught by tablets and cell phones.

I feel bad for the little guy if it's legit, but I am always skeptical when these videos end up "Everywhere!". For example, I know comedian Brad Williams started a GoFundMe, for the kid and his family to go to Disneyland, and it's already raised over $100k.

That really sucks what that kid is going through, but the mother is behaving in a way that seems likely to make things exponentially worse.

Can't waste an opportunity to put someones misery on display for "likes". I think it's bullshit. Or hope it is.

I just posted this in the heavies.

- Kids Aussie and aboriginal.

Lots of aboriginal sports stars getting behind him and got him in to meet the all star aboriginal team who are playing soon. Hugh Jackman gave him a shout out. Some American comedian donated money and a bit of money has been raised so far, +100k.

I guess when this happens to the kid every day she wanted to share it with others to show the effects of what the bullying he deals with every day and what she has to see.

Kindness and empathy aren't taught by tablets and cell phones.
It seems like it isn't their first time going through this and she decided to use this moment to make people aware. I'm not gonna criticize her or victim blame.

That really sucks what that kid is going through, but the mother is behaving in a way that seems likely to make things exponentially worse.
The kid already attempted suicide multiple times, the first at six years old. If they've already tried to get help for him and nothing is working then maybe it would help for society to know what he's going through

The kid already attempted suicide multiple times, the first at six years old. If they've already tried to get help for him and nothing is working then maybe it would help for society to know what he's going through

I can understand that she is probably very emotional and at her wit's end, having her child victimised like that, but I'd have trouble believing that she has zero recourse other than to stick a camera in the kid's face and speak that way.

Sorry, but when my kids are upset my first thought isn't to pull out my phone, record and share to the world.

Ever notice how reports of bullying got worse once we traded telling kids "sicks and stones..." and "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" for "words can hurt you" and celebrating victimhood?

I'm not blaming the child at all, but I wonder if his reaction was inspired by the type of person who is so self centered that they'd post their child's pain for likes.

I guess when this happens to the kid every day she wanted to share it with others to show the effects of what the bullying he deals with every day and what she has to see.

She could say what she said without using the video of her son.

Sorry, but when my kids are upset my first thought isn't to pull out my phone, record and share to the world.

Ever notice how reports of bullying got worse once we traded telling kids "sicks and stones..." and "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" for "words can hurt you" and celebrating victimhood?

I'm not blaming the child at all, but I wonder if his reaction was inspired by the type of person who is so self centered that they'd post their child's pain for likes.

I'm positive that the way the adults respond to situations plays a big part in the meaning that kids assign to them.

Which is not to say that what the kid is going through is something that can just be shrugged off.

The mother is probably genuinely frustrated, but she needs to pull it the fuck together for the sake of that kid.

Then everyone would call bullshit.

gotta see it to believe it, right?

I doubt it. Showing the video makes it look worse than people not believing her.

Bullying is a natural part of being a social animal. This kid is going to have a hard life and it's sad.

Back