Australian boxer dwight Ritchie has died.

Mga223

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The Australian boxing scene is in shock after local fighter Dwight Ritchie died in a freak training accident while sparring Michael Zerefa.

The 27-year-old Ritchie collapsed after a session with Zerafa, who is preparing for his re-match with Jeff Horn after winning the Battle of Bendigo, in Melbourne on Saturday.

The Daily Telegraph broke the news and said Ritchie took a body shot, walked back to his corner and collapsed. He could not be revived.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...a/news-story/2b4a32cc6e205d0dde2e60e35cbf3905

Very sad news :( only 27.

2019 will be remembered by boxing fans as a year of awesome fights and awful news.

RIP

Terrible news very sad
I feel for Zerafa at this time aswell
R.I.P

That's actually quite unsettling.

Rip.

Fucking terrible, for all involved.

"Ritchie took a body shot, walked back to his corner and collapsed. He could not be revived."
This part was chilling. 27 years old.

The Australian boxing scene is in shock after local fighter Dwight Ritchie died in a freak training accident while sparring Michael Zerefa.

The 27-year-old Ritchie collapsed after a session with Zerafa, who is preparing for his re-match with Jeff Horn after winning the Battle of Bendigo, in Melbourne on Saturday.

The Daily Telegraph broke the news and said Ritchie took a body shot, walked back to his corner and collapsed. He could not be revived.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...a/news-story/2b4a32cc6e205d0dde2e60e35cbf3905

Very sad news :( only 27.

Shit, I’ve never heard that happen before. Almost always head traumas. Very fckin sad. RIP

I would imagine internal bleeding due to aneurysm or rupture.

Tragic end for such a young man.

RIP.

Fucking scary to die that young from sparring... RIP

RIP that is scary asf.

I never knew you could die from a body shot, I know that they hurt like hell but always figured they were the less lethal option. Very sad news and he was so young. Tragic RIP

RIP
Hate to see so many publicized deaths in boxing this year. As OC mentioned, "Ugh".

Body shot, tho? Maybe that was the end but it was accumulation of head shots earlier that day/week? Very unusual. I've never heard of such a thing.

combat sports will become niche ... just a matter of time.

Tragic news, awful for the young man and his family.
Also Zerefa will struggle to recover from this, I can see his rematch with Horn being cancelled.

Maybe its something completely unrelated. Maybe had a heart attack or something and the body shot was just a coincidence. Either way its horrible and RIP. I feel for his family.

But for the sake of the sport and this horrible year I really hope the actual punches had nothing to do with it.

He fought tim tszyu back in August on a PPV over here. Lost, but didnt seem to take a severe beating. Suspect there was something undiagnosed from that thou as the body shot that did the fatal damage doesnt make sense to me. Seemed a really nice guy from the promo from that fight. RIP

Back