Economy Australia pays $50 Billion for diesel submarines.

Did you really just clip only the top part of the DOD report and act as if thats all it says?!? The part on China's changing ability to launch an amphbious attack is several pages long and includes their new capabilities and how their new ships, like the Type 075 HD and LHD are comparable in size, power and ability as the US and I quote, from YOUR DOD link "The PLAN has four large YUZHAO-class (Type 071) amphibious transport docks (LPD). The YUZHAO LPD provides a greater and more flexible capability for “far seas” operations than the PLAN’s older landing ships. It can carry up to four of the new YUYIclass air-cushion medium landing craft and four or more helicopters, as well as armored vehicles and PLAN Marines for long-distance deployments"

Or right after that? "Potential Roles for Type 071 and Type 075 Ships Although larger amphibious ships such as the Type 071 and the expected Type 075 would be of value for conducting amphibious landings"

Oh wait, right after that? "Landing Craft In June 2013, it was reported that China in May 2013 had taken delivery of four large, Ukrainianmade Zubr-class air-cushioned landing craft (LCACs). The craft reportedly have a range of 300 nautical miles, a maximum speed of 63 knots, and a payload capacity of 150 tons. China in July 2014 used at least one of the craft in an amphibious assault exercise in the South China Sea.147 In February 2017, it was reported that China has begun mass producing a new type of LCAC, called the Type 726, capable of carrying a Chinese tank and moving at speeds of more than 60 knots.148"

Shit and after that? The long part about their ESDs? And right after that? The part about their AG-600s...or the part about their very large civilian fleet that can be used in an amphibious assault?

You know...all these things you left off to sound like you have a fucking clue...

<3>

Your entire list of links are including why China wont invade, because of "significant political and military risk" and are not a "capabilities" reports...you twat...also, you were not going off of "better resources", because you provided none before being challenged on it.

A proper military report is based on capabilities...your rand crap is filled with how it wont be done because of politics. Politics are not involved in military capabilities.

As for your idiotic ending. Australia has no ability to repel an invasion. A super trade tanker comes to a trade port...unexpected...do you think they would do that and just kick the doors open and scream "CHARGE!" the second they got there? No, fool. No one would do shit until some containers are off-loaded, enough to quickly take the port and keep offloading more. By the time any kind of force would be notified and mobilized enough would be offloaded to prepare for battle while the rest are offloaded.

And if they entered port with a small naval fleet 6-8 hours offshore, coming in the moment cargo was being unloaded, they would be at Australian shores in time to support them by the time a counter-force could try to fight them off. In fact, with their new helo carrier, they would have quick air support.

<DisgustingHHH>
Again, even with all the shipbuilding, it is still not anywhere close to enough. And you still haven't solved the lack of aircover or air support problem...at all. And to answer your questions, those political risks stem from an inability to guarantee military success because, again, you have no concept of how much logistics go into an invasion and how unable China is doing that in the near future thousands of miles away from home.

At any rate, how many successful, opposed amphibious assaults can you name after WWII? There is a reason they aren't attempted anymore (perhaps you should consider the earlier point about China having no ability to project serious airpower in Australia.)

Diesel subs are quieter than nuclear, but have other limitations in terms of range, submerged time.
Didn't one of ours catch fire right when we took delivery of it or something?

Arent AIP diesel-electric basically the naval equivalent of stealth planes, as in you can possibly detect them and stop them from hitting you? with their weakness of course being operational range?

For a defensive navy i think its a fine purchase since you will want to deter and hurt invading navies not go around the world invading yourself.

Again, even with all the shipbuilding, it is still not anywhere close to enough. And you still haven't solved the lack of aircover or air support problem...at all. And to answer your questions, those political risks stem from an inability to guarantee military success because, again, you have no concept of how much logistics go into an invasion and how unable China is doing that in the near future thousands of miles away from home.

At any rate, how many successful, opposed amphibious assaults can you name after WWII? There is a reason they aren't attempted anymore (perhaps you should consider the earlier point about China having no ability to project serious airpower in Australia.)

Wait, hes gonna pull more magical stats out of his ass. i think the few times china invaded someone they outcome was pretty fucking awful. Viet-Chinese war

Wait, hes gonna pull more magical stats out of his ass. i think the few times china invaded someone they outcome was pretty fucking awful. Viet-Chinese war
Yeah, he's a troll, but that level of asshattedness. Jesus.

intresting how Royal Australian Air Force also bought A bunch of p-8s and MQ-4C. They appear to be doing some series naval purchases recently. also i beleive they've been sniffing at apaches as well.

Again, even with all the shipbuilding, it is still not anywhere close to enough. And you still haven't solved the lack of aircover or air support problem...at all.

In fact, with their new helo carrier, they would have quick air support.

Really done playing smack the stupid with a person that must leave out the vast majority of what is in a link they provide to find a few sentences to suppor their claims...when out of context. I used your own link to prove you wrong and it even goes in depth into their new abilities in air support.

At any rate, how many successful, opposed amphibious assaults can you name after WWII? There is a reason they aren't attempted anymore

Sure as fuck not due to most countries being partly destroyed during WWII and only America being basically untouched as a super-power. You are beyond fucking stupid as now you are trying to undermine your OWN LINKS accessing China's military strength...

You lost before you began...and you still have to do stupid things like act as if this is "my" opinion. You are a sad person, like all cucks are...also.

Yeah, he's a troll, but that level of asshattedness. Jesus.

Anyone that beats me horribly in an argument is a troll! LOL, cuck level over 9000!

thats a total game changer.

the rest of the world wont know what hit them....

fuck australia is so stupid and spends money on the dumbest things.

Who are they going to be fighting? Fucking Finrand? Denmark?

If they are trying to go solo against Russia without the U.S., on the other hand, they would deserve to get spanked for such stupidity.

Canada got weak military eh?

"Rubs hands together menacingly"

god i hate it when idiots post this. Just because its close doesnt mean it can sink it. Do you understand how hard it is to sink a carrier? Chances are you wont and cant unless you got a nuclear tipped torpedo

Sink? maybe not, but certainly decommission it for an entire war.

Sink? maybe not, but certainly decommission it for an entire war.

perhaps, but unlikely its Still would require a nuclear tip torpedo, mrbm or large volleys of ASM.

Let me stop you right there. It is not my "personal" opinion that China is a world power, or threat...you may want to address the world on that...including the OP who clearly understands the issue.

<{clintugh}>

I mean, China doesnt even NEED sealifts to invade. All they need to do is prepare for invasion and on any given day, move invasion hardware onto just a FEW of the below photo, including moving their military into ports in plain clothes, to gear up inside the bins (to hide troop movement) and instantly have a few 100,000 troops on Australian shores.

They wouldnt even need their navy to guard on the first wave...a super tanker like this can easily hold the hardware needed for an invasion along with 30,000+ troops...use a few more on day one and a beachhead will be successful as Australia doesnt have the firepower to stop that kind of thing.

Then can then use their navy to bring more and more and more and more until the job is done with Australia not being able to do a thing to stop it.

iu

A scenario already brought up by military think tanks...
Invasion? Half of Sydney and Melbourne already belong to the Chinese.

What a joke!
We are getting 12 DIESEL powered subs! Delivery will start in 2034! The final one will arrive around 2057! Can you believe that?

No nuclear subs for us, no way, we want diesel! China must be really scared of our navy! We can't even defend our coastline at the moment.

In 2009 we were told the most urgent need is for new submarines, the PM signed on the deal today, 2019, wow that's really urgent. If we back out we will have to pay millions to the French.

Many experts are saying these submarine are totally unsuitable and that we should have nuclear powered subs. However so many Aussie hate the word nuclear.
As someone on tv said today, it's like someone in 1900 ordering the latest Zeppelin and getting the final delivery after WWII!
It's embarrassing, and i bet America would rather we had made a better choice too.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...red-by-french-during-submarine-talks/10797920
tell us about your space program

Invasion? Half of Sydney and Melbourne already belong to the Chinese.

<mma4>

I heard about concerns about growing Chinese influence from Australian outlets, care to give more info? Sounds like you live there and arent a cuck so personal input from a actual Australian man would improve this thread.

I agree, also all the Australian army needs to do is go to ground in the major metros. Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are huge, sprawling metros that take up more geographical area than even megacities like London or Paris.

Seeing the difficulty it took the seriously dominant western forces to expunge ISIS in Mosul means it would take a force beyond reckoning to sweep a city like Sydney. Meanwhile in the middle of Australian nowhere mad max esque divisions are gearing up within hidden bases to help keep resistance alive in the defensive guerilla war.

Would be a nightmare for any power but the US to try and take Australia.

Cuck has always been "to be un-manned"...all the way back to Roman times.

To wear the horns or wearing the horns of a cuckold. Its a reference to the mating habits of a stag...who would give up their mate if defeated by another male.

So anything where a man gives up strength, he is willingly becoming a cuck. If a man allows another man to take authority beyond a point, he is being cucked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

Your link does not support your useage or belief.

I suspect you have redefined the word to avoid being wrong, but that only works on your head no one elses.

Your link does not support your useage or belief.

I suspect you have redefined the word to avoid being wrong, but that only works on your head no one elses.

Cuck doing cuck things like denying reality to avoid his cuckness.

From the link, everything I said.

Metaphor and symbolism

A flag used in the English Civil War by Horatio Cary referring to the Earl of Essex's notorious marital problems. In Western traditions, cuckolds have sometimes been described as "wearing the horns of a cuckold" or just "wearing the horns". This is an allusion to the mating habits of stags, who forfeit their mates when they are defeated by another male.

Theory
Psychology regards cuckold fetishism as a variant of masochism, the cuckold deriving pleasure from being humiliated.[16][17] In Freudian analysis, cuckold fetishism is the eroticization of the fears of infidelity and of failure in the man's competition for procreation and the affection of females.[citation needed] In his book Masochism and the Self, psychologist Roy Baumeister advanced a Self Theory analysis that cuckolding (or specifically, all masochism) was a form of escaping from self-awareness, at times when self-awareness becomes burdensome, such as with perceived inadequacy. According to this theory, the physical or mental pain from masochism brings attention away from the self, which would be desirable in times of "guilt, anxiety, or insecurity", or at other times when self-awareness is unpleasant.[18]

Cuck doing cuck things like denying reality to avoid his cuckness.

From the link, everything I said.

Metaphor and symbolism

A flag used in the English Civil War by Horatio Cary referring to the Earl of Essex's notorious marital problems. In Western traditions, cuckolds have sometimes been described as "wearing the horns of a cuckold" or just "wearing the horns". This is an allusion to the mating habits of stags, who forfeit their mates when they are defeated by another male.

Theory
Psychology regards cuckold fetishism as a variant of masochism, the cuckold deriving pleasure from being humiliated.[16][17] In Freudian analysis, cuckold fetishism is the eroticization of the fears of infidelity and of failure in the man's competition for procreation and the affection of females.[citation needed] In his book Masochism and the Self, psychologist Roy Baumeister advanced a Self Theory analysis that cuckolding (or specifically, all masochism) was a form of escaping from self-awareness, at times when self-awareness becomes burdensome, such as with perceived inadequacy. According to this theory, the physical or mental pain from masochism brings attention away from the self, which would be desirable in times of "guilt, anxiety, or insecurity", or at other times when self-awareness is unpleasant.[18]

That link contained about a dozen clear references to the definition i use and little more than a vague reference to your version.
Im confident with my position on the matter.

That link contained about a dozen clear references to the definition i use and little more than a vague reference to your version.
Im confident with my position on the matter.

All that info, 3 out of the 5 categories...is "vague"...to a cuck that doesnt want to become self-aware.

You prove me right with every single reply denying everything outside your willingness to accept.

Back