Economy Australia pays $50 Billion for diesel submarines.

What a joke!
We are getting 12 DIESEL powered subs! Delivery will start in 2034! The final one will arrive around 2057! Can you believe that?

No nuclear subs for us, no way, we want diesel! China must be really scared of our navy! We can't even defend our coastline at the moment.

In 2009 we were told the most urgent need is for new submarines, the PM signed on the deal today, 2019, wow that's really urgent. If we back out we will have to pay millions to the French.

Many experts are saying these submarine are totally unsuitable and that we should have nuclear powered subs. However so many Aussie hate the word nuclear.
As someone on tv said today, it's like someone in 1900 ordering the latest Zeppelin and getting the final delivery after WWII!
It's embarrassing, and i bet America would rather we had made a better choice too.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...red-by-french-during-submarine-talks/10797920

According to Google only 6 countries in the world have nuclear subs.

I really am unsure how i feel about this.

We clearly don't need nuclear subs which are more about force projection than defense. So a tick on the diesel aspect.

Does seem a long time but you can't really expect new submarines to be next day delivery unless going second hand.
Anyone know how this timeline compares to other similar projects?

I do hope they have a lot of ability to update capabilities cause 40 years is a hell of a long time.
On a side note the Boeing 747 turned 50 today. And the new 747 airforce 1s will be delivered 5 years from now.

It's just a waste of money regardless of whether it's diesel or nuclear. Like Canada who have been mentioned, Australia lives under the US defense umbrella and such spending is pointless. If they ever needed nuclear subs the world would be essentially over anyway. American taxpayers get the bill for protecting the Anglosphere from the nuclear apocalypse, as futile as that is.

Last edited:
iu

Australia has never been able to defend its own coastline (the British fleet used to do it) and needing America in WWII wasnt enough of a wake up...but I expect this from a nation of people that so willingly handed over its ability to protect themselves because of a single shooting incident.

If China wants Australia, it can take it, easily and a few submarines wont stop it...there is just a massive difference between the peoples of each nation that it will cause a steamroll effect.
Are you expecting the PLA to swim? Because they don't have the sealift capacity to take even Taiwan...

Are you expecting the PLA to swim? Because they don't have the sealift capacity to take even Taiwan...

This isnt 2000 bud. They built over 100 warships in the last decade which is more warships than many nations entire fleets...and that does not include their new carrier, of which they have several more being built.

In 2017, they had a total of 317 warships and subs in active service. More than enough to invade a mostly cucked Australia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/world/asia/china-navy-aircraft-carrier-pacific.html

This isnt 2000 bud. They built over 100 warships in the last decade which is more warships than many nations entire fleets...and that does not include their new carrier, of which they have several more being built.

In 2017, they had a total of 317 warships and subs in active service. More than enough to invade a mostly cucked Australia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/world/asia/china-navy-aircraft-carrier-pacific.html

Potentially cucked!

Right now we are living the high life.
In 2018 Australia overtook Switzerland, and became the country with the largest median wealth per adult.

Rich as hell, safe, great food, better beaches, clean air, living long and enjoying while we do.

I can't say we will not get invaded but its unlikely and till then its awesome.

Potentially cucked!

Right now we are living the high life.
In 2018 Australia overtook Switzerland, and became the country with the largest median wealth per adult.

Rich as hell, safe, great food, better beaches, clean air, living long and enjoying while we do.

I can't say we will not get invaded but its unlikely and till then its awesome.

That statement says fully cucked.

Living well has nothing to do with the situation. America is the richest nation on the planet and has been for generations...it has 20+ million people armed and ready to fuck up anyone that tries anything that will also never hand power over to the government.

Australians handed it over, and did so to a government that was weak on top of it. Now you doubly cannot defend yourselves.

but I expect this from a nation of people that so willingly handed over its ability to protect themselves because of a single shooting incident.

That never happened. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That statement says fully cucked.

Living well has nothing to do with the situation. America is the richest nation on the planet and has been for generations...it has 20+ million people armed and ready to fuck up anyone that tries anything that will also never hand power over to the government.

Australians handed it over, and did so to a government that was weak on top of it. Now you doubly cannot defend yourselves.

America is rich but its people aren't.
The average aussie is over 3x richer.

Aussies also get murdered at a fifth the rate of Americans.

So as a fight between countries American wins clearly, no debate there.
But in a fight for a citizens experience Australia wins just as clearly.

As a person i consider how i live very important.

That never happened. You have no idea what you're talking about.

<LikeReally5>

"Under federal government co-ordination, all states and territories of Australia restricted the legal ownership and use of self-loading rifles, self-loading shotguns, and tightened controls on their legal use by recreational shooters. The government initiated a mandatory "buy-back" scheme with the owners paid according to a table of valuations. Some 643,000 firearms were handed in at a cost of $350 million which was funded by a temporary increase in the Medicare levy which raised $500 million.[38] Media, activists, politicians and some family members of victims, notably Walter Mikac (who lost his wife and two children), spoke out in favour of the changes."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)#Effects

There has been a CONSTANT trimming of cuckstralia since.
page1-424px-National_Firearms_Amnesty_Print_Advertisement.pdf.jpg

America is rich but its people aren't.
The average aussie is over 3x richer.

Aussies also get murdered at a fifth the rate of Americans.

So as a fight between countries American wins clearly, no debate there.
But in a fight for a citizens experience Australia wins just as clearly.

As a person i consider how i live very important.

I expect a cuck to come up with as many excuses as possible to explain their cuckery away.

Example: Its OK to be a cuck because I can buy more stuff!

I am sure your stuff will make you feel better when the Chinese comes and takes it out of your weak hands.

I expect a cuck to come up with as many excuses as possible to explain their cuckery away.

Example: Its OK to be a cuck because I can buy more stuff!

I am sure your stuff will make you feel better when the Chinese comes and takes it out of your weak hands.

So who exactly is cucking us currently?

Personally id prefer a chance of being cucked by a foreigner than currently being cucked by a fellow countryman.

<LikeReally5>

"Under federal government co-ordination, all states and territories of Australia restricted the legal ownership and use of self-loading rifles, self-loading shotguns, and tightened controls on their legal use by recreational shooters. The government initiated a mandatory "buy-back" scheme with the owners paid according to a table of valuations. Some 643,000 firearms were handed in at a cost of $350 million which was funded by a temporary increase in the Medicare levy which raised $500 million.[38] Media, activists, politicians and some family members of victims, notably Walter Mikac (who lost his wife and two children), spoke out in favour of the changes."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)#Effects

There has been a CONSTANT trimming of cuckstralia since.
page1-424px-National_Firearms_Amnesty_Print_Advertisement.pdf.jpg

There was way more that one mass shooting in the years leading up to the Port Arthur massacre (in fact that was the second mass shooting that year), but we never had firearms for self defense, so no such right was given up.
Firearms here are owned for hunting and sports shooting, and there's more then ever.

So who exactly is cucking us currently?

Someone does not make you a cuck...you can only cuck yourself.

Australians have chosen to disarm themselves at a time when it has no way of even protecting itself. At least Switzerland has a typography that gives it an easy time to defend itself from invasion...a small armed force can stop an invading army. Australia has no natural defenses. A tiny armed force and a citizenship that is weak.

but we never had firearms for self defense, so no such right was given up.
Firearms here are owned for hunting and sports shooting, and there's more then ever.

{<huh}

See. Prime example.

"we never had firearms for self defense"
"no right was ever given up"
"we only had firearms for hunting..."

and all to deny reality to appear to not have been cucked, when cucking is obvious and already proven...so I will do so yet again to prove even a greater cuckery than previously thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Agreement
"The NFA placed tight control on semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons, although permitted their use by licensed individuals who required them for a purpose other than 'personal protection'."

"The Agreement includes a number of provisions. It was agreed to establish a temporary firearm buyback program for firearms that were once legal now made illegal"

When you have to deny reality to sound non-cucked it just increases the cuckery 10 fold.

There could have been 100,000 mass shootings before this, after it, rights were given up by the people. Cucked. You punished the innocent. Rights were taken from everyone. And now you are weaker for it. That, is being cucked.

<NoneOfMy>

You think your government is stupid Canada is buying your old subs....we might as well just build our own out of old screen doors lmao.

How do you sink the Canadian navy? Put it in water.

Someone does not make you a cuck...you can only cuck yourself.

Australians have chosen to disarm themselves at a time when it has no way of even protecting itself. At least Switzerland has a typography that gives it an easy time to defend itself from invasion...a small armed force can stop an invading army. Australia has no natural defenses. A tiny armed force and a citizenship that is weak.

There is no threat of Chinese invasion because even if we received no military aid, it would simply cost too much for such little benefit and be too difficult to maintain an occupation. China is already our biggest trading partner by a wide margin. Australia balances it's Chinese dominated economic interests with it's American geopolitical alliance. The submarines are less about defending the coastline from invasion than securing shipping routes and resisting China's projection into the South China Sea.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...75/gotland-class-sub-ronald-reagan-war-games/

"By the mid 2000s, other countries were starting to field or develop AIP capable diesel-electric submarines, including Russia and especially China. Since the US Navy had retired its last diesel-electric (non-AIP) attack submarine in 1990, the USS Blueback (now a local resident here at Oregon’s Museum of Science & Industry) there was no indigenous force to practice hunting down diesel-electric subs, let alone ones with advanced AIP capabilities. Thus the U.S. Navy went to Sweden hat in hand in hopes of leasing one of their ninja-like Gotland Class boats and its crew for a year.

The Swedish sub would be playing the adversary to America’s massive constellation of anti-submarine surface combatants, helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, and especially nuclear submarines. The Swedes granted this request and the Gotland was shipped to San Diego aboard a mobile drydock.

By mid-summer of 2005, the Gotland arrived in San Diego and war games immediately commenced. Apparently, the Navy got more than they were bargaining for when it came to finding and engaging the stealthy little sub. The Gotland virtually “sunk” many US nuclear fast attack subs, destroyers, frigates, cruisers and even made it into the ‘red zone’ beyond the last ring of anti-submarine defenses within a carrier strike group.

Although it was rumored she got many simulated shots off on various U.S. super-carriers, one large-scale training exercise in particular with the then brand new USS Ronald Reagan ended with the little sub making multiple attack runs on the super-carrier, before slithering away without ever being detected.

One contact of mine within the anti-submarine community said that the Gotland was the single biggest eye opener of their career. The Swedish sub was “so silent it literally did not exist to our sensors.” Apparently, its crew knew exactly how to employ her strengths to devastating effects as that same contact described the sub as “a vastly demoralizing capability that changed the priorities within the surface and sub-surface warfare communities.”

Once the first year of the lease ran out, the Navy quickly arranged another year on the contract to sort through tactics to deal with this proliferating yet unassuming and deadly threat. It wasn’t until mid-2007 that the Gotland finally loaded up on its mobile drydock and headed back to its home on the Baltic Sea. " http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...rier-killing-sub-just-got-some-major-upgrades

Last edited:
Back