Austin Trout:

Canelo isn't strictly a counter puncher though. He was quite aggressive against Angulo, pretty much got off first all night.

Well, you gotta admit an Angulo following a better, faster, and younger boxer around the ring all night, not cutting off the ring, and appearing not to be the harder puncher for once in his career is a little different than what Canelo faces in Lara who'll stick to pretty much his bread and butter counter punching game. I obviously see Canelo brings a lot to the game, but will he be able to chase Lara down, or be first on that night, as well as win the exchanges by countering effectively? I just can't see this wide decision some keep predicting for him. It should be a fun, fun fight, even if it ends up looking like a chess game.

Lara may outbox Canelo, but he will have to dominate to win the fight. If the cards are close, Canelo will definitely walk away with the W.

Being a boxer from Cuba is the MMA equivalent of being a Sambo player from Russia. People assume that they have some special skills that no one can deal with...whether they actually do (Cassamoyer, Rigonedeaux) or not (Solis, Lara).

Some of these posts make my head hurt. They are both untapped talent pools. Both countries offer incredible schools. We can't make any assumptions about them until we see more athletes from each respective country go pro. Lara hasn't done enough to be regarded as a disapointment. BTW, is Casamayor and Rigondeaux. I think is going to be a close fight. Canelo takes rounds off, and Lara tends to not throw in some rounds. It will all come down to how well Canelo cuts the ring, and if Lara can deal with Canelo's preassure.

Some of these posts make my head hurt. They are both untapped talent pools. Both countries offer incredible schools. We can't make any assumptions about them until we see more athletes from each respective country go pro. Lara hasn't done enough to be regarded as a disapointment. BTW, is Casamayor and Rigondeaux. I think is going to be a close fight. Canelo takes rounds off, and Lara tends to not throw in some rounds. It will all come down to how well Canelo cuts the ring, and if Lara can deal with Canelo's preassure.

He's right though. There is an assumption in the boxing world that Cubans are just automatically a rung up the ladder from the rest of the boxing community.

Lara may outbox Canelo, but he will have to dominate to win the fight. If the cards are close, Canelo will definitely walk away with the W.

I don't even want to think about that. Canelo may have the tools to win this one without a question of bad judging, so let's hope the judges are on that night. No controversies, PLEASE!!!!

I know, too much to ask.

And yes, it's not too much to admit there is an aura about Cuban fighters, but someone following boxing on the regular should be able to make the distinction between a boxer being good because of what he/she brings to the table once turning pro, and not automatically being good because they are from a country known for producing good boxing talent, and talent in the ammies primarily at that.

I don't even want to think about that. Canelo may have the tools to win this one without a question of bad judging, so let's hope the judges are on that night. No controversies, PLEASE!!!!

I know, too much to ask.

And yes, it's not too much to admit there is an aura about Cuban fighters, but someone following boxing on the regular should be able to make the distinction between a boxer being good because of what he/she brings to the table once turning pro, and not automatically being good because they are from a country known for producing good boxing talent, and talent in the ammies primarily at that.

If its close, there will be people yelling robbery no matter who gets the nod.

If Canelo wins a close decision, I can guarantee that Cuban WILL NOT scream robbery or shout out accusations of corruption.

You're doing it all wrong. He'll never ask you to prom if you keep acting desperate.

Back