Austin Trout:

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who better to give his opinion on the fight then the guy who fought both fighters and went to a decision with both fighters.

"I got Lara winning. I don

So, Trout is saying that Lara is going to win even if he loses...?

watch out for the incoming barrage of angulo dropping lara GIFs everybody...

Yep I think so, Floyd showed how overrated canelo is and I had trout up until the open judging revealed him behind, forcing him to change his gameplan.

Canelo just isn't as people as the media claims. While some will argue that he's still young, I'm of the opinion he's peaking as a fighter.

What if Canelo puts Lara to sleep?

WOW, smart question, but i have the answer: Canelo will win if he KO Lara, but, wait i have a more smart prediction: if Lara KO Canelo he will win the fight, if both get KOed at the same time is a draw

WOW, smart question, but i have the answer: Canelo will win if he KO Lara, but, wait i have a more smart prediction: if Lara KO Canelo he will win the fight

Don't jump the gun here. THat is some ground breaking shit. MIND BLOWN

Canelo is goin to win this fight by late TKO or by a lopsided decision.
Lara's work rate is low and his punches dont have enough pop to stop Canelo from bullying him around.
Havana will burn July 12th.

Don't think Canelo would have left it in the judges hands against Paul Williams or Vanes Matisoryan. His record has fewer blemishes than Lara's. About the only boxing math that has Lara winning is their respective fights against Trout.

No he wont. Trout is the same guy that said Canelo wasn't on his level and he wouldn't have a problem turning him and walking him into some nasty stuff...
Canelo is a better boxer than Lara, AND has more power and has some adjustment skills. Late stoppage by the Cinnamon or Canelo wins in a UD going away late.

No he wont. Trout is the same guy that said Canelo wasn't on his level and he wouldn't have a problem turning him and walking him into some nasty stuff...
Canelo is a better boxer than Lara, AND has more power and has some adjustment skills. Late stoppage by the Cinnamon or Canelo wins in a UD going away late.

I don't know about "better boxer" and "adjustment skills". I can potentially agree with more power (if you mean the brute clubbing kind of strength, yeah Canelo's a big kid), which is probably why he's gassing himself out, and coasting when someone isn't directly in his face. But, you think he's going to out box Lara, and adjust to Lara faster than Lara adjusts to him? Lara just outjabbed Austin Trout, a fighter who has made a career behind his jab, and made it look easy. Another common opponent, Angulo, stopped the fight HIMSELF verses Lara (and he was in that fight). I re-read about that fight, and apparently there were no fractures, or any "real" injury, he had just been so accurately bludgeoned throughout the fight that he was made to quit. What happened when Weeks stopped Angulo's fight against Canelo? He protested. These common opponent arguments are stupid, but it is something to think about.

This is going to be a disappointing night for Canelo fans. That's just my take, but I think Lara's speed, accuracy, and (imo) overall better boxing ability is going to take Canelo out.

Trout has become a disappointment to me

I dont think he'll ever hold another belt again

Canelo isn't a pressure fighter. He's more of measured boxer who likes to counter, and he doesn't have a particularly high workrate. Lara is a tough style for him.

Back