Elections Aussie Federal Election ; Who are you voting for?

esotamoc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last federal election I admit I voted for the Greens but I wont be doing that again for the foreseeable future.
I wont vote liberal because they support the interests of the mega wealthy and I agree more with Labor economically but I am really annoyed by the PC bullshit they currently peddle. No other viable option so I will probably vote Labor. To fellow Aussie war roomers who are you voting for and do you have any valid reasons to change my mind- I am open because I dont really like any of them!

So far Labor has my vote for this election. There are two tax platforms I agree with:

1. Increasing the highest marginal tax rate by 2% (those earning $180,000+)
2. Grandfathering negative gearing

I'm open to changing my mind, but I can only really see it between the two major parties. I could not vote Green or anything far-right either.

As a side note it's quite pleasant to have two sensible (if boring) candidates that aren't a sideshow of bullshit like what is happening in other countries. I'm very happy with our politics being (mostly) boring.

So far Labor has my vote for this election. There are two tax platforms I agree with:

I'm open to changing my mind, but I can only really see it between the two major parties. I could not vote Green or anything far-right either.

As a side note it's quite pleasant to have two sensible (if boring) candidates that aren't a sideshow of bullshit like what is happening in other countries. I'm very happy with our politics being (mostly) boring.
Yeah I agree with those points and yeah it is pretty boring- which is good, I guess. I dont think this election would change my life in any significant way.

Independents first then Greens, preferences going to Labor in the end.

My district has been comfortably Liberal as long as I've lived here, so I vote Labor on the basis that marginal districts actual get things done or pledged.
Anyone else vote that way?

Both those reason are why labour can get fucked

Both those reason are why labour can get fucked

Would you care to expand on that?

The common trend between them is obviously that I think the highest earning people can afford to pay more tax, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers

Would you care to expand on that?

The common trend between them is obviously that I think the highest earning people can afford to pay more tax, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers
Because im in that bracket. How about someone grow a set and tax the corporations higher?

Because im in that bracket. How about someone grow a set and tax the corporations higher?

Fair enough, I respect self-interest though obviously I think someone at 180k per year can afford 2% more. For instance, I doubt people need their child care supported by welfare when they earn near to the top bracket of $351,248.

Out of curiosity what do you do where you earn so much, but would not be affected by a change in the corporation tax change you are suggesting?

Which party/parties do you think would be most likely to achieve that?

Obviously Labor, which is why I'm a bit puzzled by the seemingly contradictory stance. I'd like to know why.

No the easy answer is labour, they are all the same.

The names of the parties themselves speak of their political stance.

The Labor party is the party of 'the people'. They are center left, are pro-union, and are right leaning for the economy (ie: pro-regulation, favor the power be handed to the people rather than the corporations). They are absolutely the party that believes in higher taxes for corporations.

The Liberal party is the party of 'free economy'. They are center right, are left leaning for the economy (ie: free market, anti-regulation) which is where their name comes from. A significant center piece and debate topic of the previous Federal election was exactly what you talked about; the Liberals proposed deductions to company taxes.

In this instance, it is simply black and white; the ethos of the two parties hinge on this very question.

The names of the parties themselves speak of their political stance.

The Labor party is the party of 'the people'. They are center left, are pro-union, and are right leaning for the economy (ie: pro-regulation, favor the power be handed to the people rather than the corporations). They are absolutely the party that believes in higher taxes for corporations.

The Liberal party is the party of 'free economy'. They are center right, are left leaning for the economy (ie: free market, anti-regulation) which is where their name comes from. A significant center piece and debate topic of the previous Federal election was exactly what you talked about; the Liberals proposed deductions to company taxes.

In this instance, it is simply black and white; the ethos of the two parties hinge on this very question.
'Proposed'

An exceptional word used in elections.

Sorry im not elaborating the footy is on

'Proposed'

An exceptional word used in elections.

Sorry im not elaborating the footy is on

I can't see how there could be any argument around the matter - it is literally the difference between the two parties.

My team is fucked in the footy, it's better not to watch them for now.

Back