Aung La N Sang vs. Brandon Vera

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
ONE Championship: Vera targets super fight with Aung La

Filipino mixed martial arts (MMA) megastar Brandon “The Truth” Vera is looking to expand his territory as he declared his intention to challenge for the ONE light heavyweight championship.

But first, Vera is expected to return from a two-year absence, as he is set defend his heavyweight title against a challenger to be named later this year.

“After my next fight, I would like to fight for the light heavyweight title. I would like to have that happen here in Japan,” the Filipino-American striker said.

Fortunately for Vera, a super bout between him and “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang could take place in Tokyo, Japan for ONE Championship’s debut in the “Land of the Rising Sun.”

Brandon Vera | ONE Championship photo

“I think we can make that happen,” ONE Championship chairman Chatri Sityodtong, who seems keen on the idea, said.

“[Middleweight and light heavyweight world champion] Aung La is game. Aung La reached out to me and he wanted to fight in Japan, so we’ve got an opponent. I love that.”

Vera last saw action in December 2016, when stopped Japanese Hideki Sekine via technical knockout (TKO) in the first round to retain his belt.

The 40-year-old then took time off to shoot the now-blockbuster action film “Buy Bust” alongside box office star Anne Curtis.

Vera will finally make his champ-champ dreams come true.

Inb4 he gets destroyed in his HW title defense.

Vera will finally make his champ-champ dreams come true.

Inb4 he gets destroyed in his HW title defense.

Just for the irony of the situation, for Vera's arrogance from day 1, and from the fact that N'Sang used to be a WW once - I want Burmese Python to choke Vera TFO

Nah Vera is cool with not defending his belt and calling himself a world champ for defeating Vietnam's fattest men in town. Don't think he accepts a fight against a steroid monster.

Nah Vera is cool with not defending his belt and calling himself a world champ for defeating Vietnam's fattest men in town. Don't think he accepts a fight against a steroid monster.

Nsang a steroid monster?

Nsang a steroid monster?
Aung-La-N-Sang.jpg

I can see it.

I remember seeing Nsang being viciously knocked out by Kyle Baker at 170, can't see him taking any shots from Vera and staying awake.

I'll take the the guy who's actually fought in UFC vs the the guy who's never touched a top 5 league.

Just for the irony of the situation, for Vera's arrogance from day 1, and from the fact that N'Sang used to be a WW once - I want Burmese Python to choke Vera TFO

I really like their weight classes /cutting system but yeah, their division are messed up
I feel like Bibi could fight for the MW title in any moment lol

One Championship has done a awful job with their heavyweight division and a awful job with the amount of heavyweight fights they actually have per year.

One Championship has done a awful job with their heavyweight division and a awful job with the amount of heavyweight fights they actually have per year.

Following ourvprevious conversation, it seems like all you can do here is criticize the matchmaking of organizations that you're absolutely clueless about.

Do you have a period or something?

Yeah...Asians and HWs don't mix. They should have corralled Russian fighters to form a stable MW - HW divisions years back.

Following ourvprevious conversation, it seems like all you can do here is criticize the matchmaking of organizations that you're absolutely clueless about.

Do you have a period or something?
Tbf, One's HW division is disastrous.

Didn't they keep that Cheng guy on the shelf for like a year before giving him Vera? It was a while ago, but they're shady.

Back