Economy August Jobs Report a massive disappointment

You're full of crap. It's all about the pandemic. Trump was doing great economically.... up to that point. I notice you left the metrics out.

chart.png

All honest people with a brain in their head don't blame Trump for the economic collapse. It was the pandemic as the chart clearly reveals. You are either not honest or an idiot... or both.

So you admit that the economy tanked while Trump was in office because of the virus but won't acknowledge the delta variant and what it is currently doing to the economy?

Sounds like a hack take to me. Trump did a pretty shitty job but I don't think any other president would have done much better to be honest except maybe encourage more safety.

That requires high unemployment and low demand growth. We're seeing extremely strong growth and falling unemployment.

You are right, but we do not know how much of those numbers are stregthened by govt stimulus.

That same govt stim is pushing inflation.

If/when the govt free money tap gets turned off we will see, b/c as of now we have slightly increasing inflation and slowing economic growth.

Well... Guess what, most of the time it's filled by grown ass adults. I've got one Laborer now, he's a 48 yr old Cuban guy. Hell of a worker! He's thanked me several times for giving him a job.
Tbf, I've got 35 people out there currently, most of them work for subs. And I guarantee they aren't paid as well as we pay lol.
Also, we teach our laborers. So they get their paycheck, and also learn the trade.
Paid to learn a trade, pretty good deal if you ask me. But I'm sure you can conjure up some snarky reply.

Hey look, I'm not shitting on your for running a business and turning a profit, but let's not pretend like $17 for manual labor is a gift you're giving to the world. You have a 50 year old Cuban guy making 30 grand a year to break his body. You are definitely benefitting more than him in this exchange.

Hey look, I'm not shitting on your for running a business and turning a profit, but let's not pretend like $17 for manual labor is a gift you're giving to the world. You have a 50 year old Cuban guy making 30 grand a year to break his body. You are definitely benefitting more than him in this exchange.
I'm not the owner, I'm just the foreman/project manager.
As far as the Cuban guy(Jorge), he is a great worker, and happy to be out here every second he can. If he's happy, not sure why you you have a problem.
What do you think a laborer should make?

I'm not the owner, I'm just the foreman/project manager.
As far as the Cuban guy(Jorge), he is a great worker, and happy to be out here every second he can. If he's happy, not sure why you you have a problem.
What do you think a laborer should make?

I've been Municipal/Industrial Construction for a long time... Partner in a smaller company now, but used to work with a couple very large Construction companies in the past.

lol at a laborer being a long term career choice. Entry level jobs are just that... entry level jobs. Whether it's fast food, a cashier or a construction laborer. Those jobs aren't meant to support families....

Any laborer worth his shit is going to move up. Whether it's a carpenter, plumbing, electrical, etc.... whatever. Construction companies WANT these guys to learn and get better. They're valuable.

And once someone starts learning a trade, his/her pay WILL go up. Why? Because other construction companies need quality people too and WILL pay for it. Don't pay a guy what he's worth... he will get poached.

If you're goal in life is to clean up after other trades, assist other workers and never move up, why should you get paid $15+ per hour. Go find another job then.

I've been in this field WAY too long. I've seen these guys with zero ambition who are just fine making minimum wage because there's no pressure and there's always someone telling what to do. They don't have to worry about running a crew. Looking ahead to make sure the material they need is ready or coming just in time. They clock in... are told what to do for 8-10 hours, clock out and that's it. They're fine with it and don't aspire to anything more.

Go getters in construction are ID'd very early. They stand out... they're always finishing their shit and asking what else they can do. They're paying attention and wanting to learn and grow. They'll be making far more min wage in no time.

I've been Municipal/Industrial Construction for a long time... Partner in a smaller company now, but used to work with a couple very large Construction companies in the past.

lol at a laborer being a long term career choice. Entry level jobs are just that... entry level jobs. Whether it's fast food, a cashier or a construction laborer. Those jobs aren't meant to support families....

Any laborer worth his shit is going to move up. Whether it's a carpenter, plumbing, electrical, etc.... whatever. Construction companies WANT these guys to learn and get better. They're valuable.

And once someone starts learning a trade, his/her pay WILL go up. Why? Because other construction companies need quality people too and WILL pay for it. Don't pay a guy what he's worth... he will get poached.

If you're goal in life is to clean up after other trades, assist other workers and never move up, why should you get paid $15+ per hour. Go find another job then.

I've been in this field WAY too long. I've seen these guys with zero ambition who are just fine making minimum wage because there's no pressure and there's always someone telling what to do. They don't have to worry about running a crew. Looking ahead to make sure the material they need is ready or coming just in time. They clock in... are told what to do for 8-10 hours, clock out and that's it. They're fine with it and don't aspire to anything more.

Go getters in construction are ID'd very early. They stand out... they're always finishing their shit and asking what else they can do. They're paying attention and wanting to learn and grow. They'll be making far more min wage in no time.
A good work ethic transcends industry. I still believe our job market rewards individuals who are assertive, work hard, and show up consistently ready to work.

I don't know what it is that makes it so hard for some to grasp that idea?

You are right, but we do not know how much of those numbers are stregthened by govt stimulus.

That same govt stim is pushing inflation.

If/when the govt free money tap gets turned off we will see, b/c as of now we have slightly increasing inflation and slowing economic growth.

What could cause that type of issue is a kind of general supply shortage (like the energy crisis did). We have had some bottleneck issues as demand has come roaring back faster than expected (definitely partly attributable to gov't spending/cash distributions), but I think that'll be a short-term issue, and I think the Fed and WH are aware of that.

Back