Aug. 29th PPV Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Showtime Boxing

Winner?

• Total voters
Woodley is way smaller, has a low work rate with questionable stamina when pushed, has no headmovement and doesn’t react well to getting hit. All he has is a big, but telegraphed right hand. Paul is going to KO him.

Jake Paul 2021 Prospect of the Year if he wins this.

I remember when Woodley fought Rory Macdonald. Rory just kept a jab out consistently and Woodley had no answers the whole time.

a New low for MMA,

and the bar has already been on the ground since CM Punk's debut

This is a low for boxing too. I don't really care because I will always watch a good Freak Show fight, but Showtime is one of the most if not the most reputable name in boxing right now and they have some YouTube influencer headlining a pay per view card over top ranked boxers. At least CM Punk wasn't headlining. It is prize fighting though and I don't blame them for selling what will put asses in seats.

This is a low for boxing too. I don't really care because I will always watch a good Freak Show fight, but Showtime is one of the most if not the most reputable name in boxing right now and they have some YouTube influencer headlining a pay per view card over top ranked boxers. At least CM Punk wasn't headlining. It is prize fighting though and I don't blame them for selling what will put asses in seats.
Showtime really doesn't really have much in the way of big stars. They need anything they can get and sadly people love watching these Paul idiots fight

To be fair, this isn’t on any of showtimes official boxing schedules or roll out posters as a piece of their boxing schedule. Neither is Paul/Floyd.

They’ve done a good job of separating the freak shows from legit fights for the hardcores while simultaneously brining in casual fans and trending.

Benavidez fighting Caleb Plants leftovers smh . That’s gotta be a bitter pill to swallow for him. Had he handled his business right he would’ve been the winner of the Canelo sweepstakes... oh well. Good fight though. He should be too big and rugged for Uzcategui.

Woodley has looked washed up the last few times I’ve seen him in the cage. Have no reason to think bring in the ring against Paul will be any different.

Paul has decent skills and some talent. His greatest talent though, is his ability to cherry pick guys who he thinks he can beat. He was right about Askren. I’m not betting against he and his team here either.

It's going to do great with the Fortnite generation, sadly.

If woodley loose its going to be obvious that he got payed too it, ufc and mma communauty gonna take a big hit too askren was understandable cauz he was retired hip replacement etc but woodley is an other thing

i hope he knock out this clown killing the hype of him being "fighter" on the way

I hope Woodley takes his head off. Hope he can overcome the size difference.

At least Paul has taking a step up in competition. Woodley will definitely put the time in to train proper boxing and he has been a decent MMA striker at times in his career. To be honest I highly doubt Jake is that much a head of him of actual boxing technique if any. He fought guys with almost zero striking ability or training. Pretty sad when Askren is the most trained striker you have faced and he has almost zero in the striking department and just came of hip replacement surgery. I think Woodley will be highly motivated to train and win this fight as I think he looks at it as two big payday if he wins, there will be a rematch, and after that maybe sign a new MMA contract with Bellator or another boxing match or two. He loses and he is in no man's land.

If woodley loose its going to be obvious that he got payed too it, ufc and mma communauty gonna take a big hit too askren was understandable cauz he was retired hip replacement etc but woodley is an other thing

i hope he knock out this clown killing the hype of him being "fighter" on the way

I dunno, I'm confused here but Jake's the favorite in vegas. I understand Tyron's not a boxer but I never would have imagined he would be the underdog here, not by a whole lot. But the fact he's + and Jake's - blows my mind,

Sigh... and I was hoping Showtime would make some legit boxing matches...but no, more of the same. If Paul wants to fight MMA fighters he should do it on their turf, if however he wants to be a boxer he should fight actual boxers. I’m sure there are plenty of up and coming boxers who would take the fight.

I just want to see Jake actually box someone for a few rounds. So far we've only seen quick knockouts. I wanna see where he's at with his stamina and IQ and everything after all his training. Hopefully Woodley can last.

Back