Audley Harrison VS David Haye

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Pro**, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

I know most of you guys are American and probably dont know about these guys but they are having a world heavyweight title fight on November 13th.

If you have followed these guys, who do you think has the best chance of winning?

I think Harrison has a much better chance of winning than the bookmakers odds suggest.

2. XCuTioNeR

XCuTioNeR Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion

You haven't been in this section long have you?

We've discussed this farce in great detail.

Handy Haye wins by KO later rounds.

3. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

I've been browsing in here since early 2009, before that I was a member of other boxing forums. Just because I have other commitments and I'm not constantly posting in here (as the number of posts you've made in 1 year suggest) doesn't mean I'm new does it?

4. XCuTioNeR

XCuTioNeR Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion

Damn, you're sensitive.

5. MisterT

MisterT Brown Belt

I've got Haye via kayo.
    BTW, here's a vid of Haye's open press workout for the Harrison fight:

6. amhlilhaus

amhlilhaus Black Belt

there's been many fighters who've been involved in farces who somehow defied the odds and won the 'title' when given the chance. haye has yet to be tagged by a good heavyweight shot and anything can happen. I want haye to win to see the excuses he'll give for not fighting a klitschko, it'll be more entertaining to see him lose.

7. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

No you're wrong. I'm just sick of people saying irrelevant things, if you don't like a thread just ignore it. You sir have posted enough already.

8. Goonerz

Goonerz White Belt

Haye takes his by being younger, stronger , faster , more technical etc etc

9. EnthusedbyMMA

EnthusedbyMMA White Belt

Haye really should win this by ko, audley has a chance of course but do you want him to win, surely there's more entertainment to be had with Haye still in contention, even if he gets whooped by one of the K's at least it prolongs the life of the HW division for a little longer

10. Pecker123

Pecker123 Black Belt

This is Hayes fight to lose.

Harrison COULD KO him.

Harrison the last few times I've seen him looks slow nowadays.

Haye paces himself but I think that was just a strategy against Valuev as he did not want to be tired against that monster and he has memories of the Thompson fight.

I really think Haye will blow him out within 5 rounds. He did not have adequate sparring due to an injury going into the Ruiz fight.

This time he should be sharper. If he ups the pace I don't think Audley can live with it. He is worse now than he was a couple of years back and he wasn't much good then.

Harrison does have a punchers chance. I would not put hard cash on him but I might blow some of my bonuses in case he pulls it off at those odds.

11. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

The judges got his decision victory against Valuev wrong IMO.

12. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

The judges got his decision victory against Valuev wrong IMO.

13. Keosawa

Keosawa Black Belt

Starting your post by saying that most of us "Americans" on here probably don't know about David Haye seems like a gross underestimate. I mean, this is a boxing forum, isn't it? I'm pretty sure the posters on here have heard of David Haye and (probably) Audley Harrison.

It sounded like his response was perfectly relevant, since he was pointing out to you that your assumption is in fact wrong, and that there has been plenty of talk about this fight on this forum. His suggestion that you must be new was one way of explaining how you could have made an incorrect assumption.

And Haye wins this one pretty easily. His name's David Haye, right? I wouldn't know - I'm an ignorant American.

14. Tropics1020

Tropics1020 Brown Belt

David Haye? damn that sounds familiar

is he that big guy with the dreads that fought Vitali Klitschsko awhile back? Surely that must be who this Haye chap is. I'm an American so i don't know such things tbh :rolleyes:

15. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Defo, I think Valuev won that fight.

Regarding Haye - Harrison, Haye should win easily. Harrison for all his amateur promise has failed to deliver time and again in the pro ranks. He has lost badly to guys that no disrespect to them, are not anywhere near the top of the HW ranks. However therein lies his chance, namely that Haye takes him lightly, and Harrison somehow lands a left hand bomb on Haye's chin. As the criminally underated Carl Thompson showed, if you land on Haye, his chin is not exactly Tex Cobbs's.
    So Haye should win, but it would be fucking hillarious is Audley won and then proceeded to shout 'Yes, I can' down the mic. Either way Haye is forever tarnished in my eyes for taking this fight, and turning down the 50-50 offer from Germany.

16. smithgr

smithgr Green Belt

Haye should be too quick and mobile for Harrison but Harrison does have the one punch power to KO Haye if he connects

17. Pro**

Pro** Orange Belt

LOL sorry to the Americans guys, it seems I've annoyed you :icon_chee

18. amhlilhaus

amhlilhaus Black Belt

bloody hell crumbs