Audio cutting off on Iphone IOS when browsing Sherdog

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
Iphone 6, IOS 10, Chrome browser - browsing Sherdog forums cuts off any external audio, i.e. music, podcasts... IOS is obviously deciding that there is audio coming from Sherdog but there is actually no sound. This always happens regardless of the content on the forum/ads. I have zero popups. This started just recently, say a week ago.

Iphone 6, IOS 10, Chrome browser - browsing Sherdog forums cuts off any external audio, i.e. music, podcasts... IOS is obviously deciding that there is audio coming from Sherdog but there is actually no sound. This always happens regardless of the content on the forum/ads. I have zero popups. This started just recently, say a week ago.
Does audio drop via mobile occur only while visiting SD? I understand you say "when browsing SD" but this does not disambiguate the iOS being able or unable to support audio elsewhere.

A catch-all would be just to refresh your iPhone by pressing the Home and Sleep (bottom and top) buttons for some seconds until screen resets; this can resolve memory/function leaks, disruptive background processes et cetera. Give that a go and report back with outcome.

Does audio drop via mobile occur only while visiting SD? I understand you say "when browsing SD" but this does not disambiguate the iOS being able or unable to support audio elsewhere.

A catch-all would be just to refresh your iPhone by pressing the Home and Sleep (bottom and top) buttons for some seconds until screen resets; this can resolve memory/function leaks, disruptive background processes et cetera. Give that a go and report back with outcome.

Only when visiting SD. No other webpage. And it has nothing to do with phone status, been through a couple of resets.

Only when visiting SD. No other webpage. And it has nothing to do with phone status, been through a couple of resets.
XenForo is the community software underlying SD and I tried searching for XF audio hangups within iOS but to no avail. Odd that it is only this site... Cliché, I know, but have you cleared cache and restarted the Safari app?

XenForo is the community software underlying SD and I tried searching for XF audio hangups within iOS but to no avail. Odd that it is only this site... Cliché, I know, but have you cleared cache and restarted the Safari app?

I use Chrome and yep, still an issue. I think it's something to do with the ads. The sound fades out exactly as if you were starting another audio feed.

Haven't tried with Safari yet.

I use Chrome and yep, still an issue. I think it's something to do with the ads. The sound fades out exactly as if you were starting another audio feed.

Haven't tried with Safari yet.
Give that a go, Safari, in the name of covering all bases. If we know it is alone Chrome, that can help narrow the culprit down.

You mentioned having not popups, so which advertisements do you reckon are assuming audio output but then locking it up? I have never seen an advertisement on this site so I am trying to envision what is happening on a given screen where you run into the problem.

Non speaking. Background stuff.
With a little surgery and a good agent this forum could score a decent cable access gig
Good, good. I have hopes for a soap opera or Dawgumentary one day.

This happens to me too but not just on this site

Back