Audio Book recommendations

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Pugilistic, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

I want to listen to more audio books and I got an audible membership but I have a bunch of credits because I don’t know what to buy now. It’s harder to buy audio books because you have to take into account the performance of the person reading it as well as the material itself. There’s a bunch of books I want to listen to but haven’t because shitty reviews of the performer.

The most recent one that was good to listen to was Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff. The Author reads it himself and you can tell he really cares about what he’s saying. A lot of passion in his voice. I’m now listening to the Elephant whisperer and the performer is pretty awesome. I was listening to the Happiness Hypothesis before that because I read excerpts of it, which I liked, but the guy reading the audio version sounds like a bored college professor who’s at the end of his tenure. Makes me fall asleep

Any recommendations for good books read by people who sound like they actually care?

2. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

I'm big on Scifi

-The Martian
    -Old Mans War
    -Ready Player One

Those 3 are probably the best in the genre I've come across. R.C. Bray never fails to deliver.

3. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

Thanks. I'm mostly looking for non-fiction but I'll check these out.