Audie Attar: "Conor McGregor is serious about pursuing boxing world title"

Shawn Porter just dropped his name on Twitter lol

Well no

But I've been around, ive been deep into nutrition arguments with vegans, martial arts, boxing, many topics of an extremely polarizing nature. So I'd like to think I can sniff out when theres some bias playing a factor.

Or group think, that's a big one as well. How many people are actually thinking for themselves ? Most people are almost entirely influenced by other people in their opinions with very little independent and critical thought of their own.

I dont think trying to do any of these things makes me special or that my opinions are gospel.

If theres a reasonable argument, then I'm all ears, I'll switch teams at a moments notice.

The idea that you can sniff out a bias better than anyone else is in itself a bias.

Overconfidence bias.

https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/glossary/overconfidence-bias

Really, at what weight, he doesn’t want to cut to 155 in MMA, wants 170.

Which means dropping a couple of pounds and being in the Canelo, Benavidez range or adding on 5 and being in with killers like Beterbiev.

You cant agree with there being a difference in reflexes and reaction time?

And speed ?

It was glaring.

Not sure what fight you were watching

Those are some of the best elements of Conors game, just as Floyd's.

Difference is, this is not the Floyd of old, he was significantly slowed in every way compared to even 2 years prior.

But yeah, not sure what fight you were watching. It was extremely glaring. Remove any preconceived notions and watch again

If that weren't the case, Conor wouldn't have tagged him anywhere near as much as he did. It was largely due to this

Dude, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

For starters: Conor’s jab was awful throughout the fight. Either the guy doesn’t know how to throw a proper, incisive jab, or he just did not want to commit to anything more than those half-hearted flicks he was throwing, because he simply could not track old man Floyd well enough.

The only shots he threw with confidence were the hooks and straights to the body. (even that nice uppercut he landed was somewhat hesitant, which is why it didn’t have the power to hurt Floyd)

I’m going to stop here. I can’t talk to you about this, because you’re clearly super invested and I 100% disagee. Let’s just leave it at that.

His legendary left is, by boxing standards, just a left. A left by someone who’s really level is probably someone around decent amateur to novice professional.

I’ve seen nothing in Conor’s entire career to suggest that he actually carries the power to knock out a world class boxer. If you look at the Mayweather fight as a barometer, it was clear that Floyd was the bigger puncher, and the chances of Floyd one shot KO-ing an elite level boxer even a decade ago were very, very, very slim.

yeah, idk what point of this post is when I said same thing, and if you’ve seen nothing you literally don’t know shit about combat sports. It doesn’t take much sometimes. As unlikely as it is, it can still happen. Which is what my post said.

yeah, idk what point of this post is when I said same thing, and if you’ve seen nothing you literally don’t know shit about combat sports. It doesn’t take much sometimes. As unlikely as it is, it can still happen. Which is what my post said.

Tell me what you’ve seen from Conor to indicate that he has the power to one punch KO an elite boxer?

Dude, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

For starters: Conor’s jab was awful throughout the fight. Either the guy doesn’t know how to throw a proper, incisive jab, or he just did not want to commit to anything more than those half-hearted flicks he was throwing, because he simply could not track old man Floyd well enough.

The only shots he threw with confidence were the hooks and straights to the body. (even that nice uppercut he landed was somewhat hesitant, which is why it didn’t have the power to hurt Floyd)

I’m going to stop here. I can’t talk to you about this, because you’re clearly super invested and I 100% disagee. Let’s just leave it at that.
Again not sure which fight you were watching

he was tagging him consistently with the jab.

Even Sugar Ray Leonard said during the fight he was surprised, didn't expect Conors jab to be as good as it was and have that much success with it.

Was it the most powerful and significant punch in the world? No. But it was landing.

It definitely didn't seem like Conor was landing very hard at all in general though.

And I stand behind there being a very real difference in speed, reflexes and reaction time during the fight, which I believe was a crucial factor in being able to land against Floyd, a fighter who almost always has those advantages.

We can agree to disagree but these things are pretty glaring and hard to objectively dispute

Last edited:
The idea that you can sniff out a bias better than anyone else is in itself a bias.

Overconfidence bias.

https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/glossary/overconfidence-bias
I'd confidently say better than a lot of people, yes. Which isnt anything special considering how most people are. Definitely not perfect, there are always many improvements that can be made.

comes through a lot of experience in various discussions on very extreme and polarizing topics. Along with my natural temperament

More often than not, especially in very polarizing and emotionally charged topics, there is a fair degree of truth in the minority which is casually disregarded.

Often times I will play the other side of the fence in topics like this where people become very extreme in their convictions.

As is often the case, there is much neglected truth in those grey areas.

i think he would do fine if he slowly made his way up the ranks

I'd confidently say better than a lot of people, yes. Which isnt anything special considering how most people are. Definitely not perfect, there are always many improvements that can be made.

comes through a lot of experience in various discussions on very extreme and polarizing topics. Along with my natural temperament

More often than not, especially in very polarizing and emotionally charged topics, there is a fair degree of truth in the minority which is casually disregarded.

Often times I will play the other side of the fence in topics like this where people become very extreme in their convictions.

As is often the case, there is much neglected truth in those grey areas.

You’ve consistently dodged my questions so I will accept this as a concession of you now seeing the light.

Again not sure which fight you were watching

he was tagging him consistently with the jab.

Even Sugar Ray Leonard said during the fight he was surprised, didn't expect Conors jab to be as good as it was and have that much success with it.

Was it the most powerful and significant punch in the world? No. But it was landing.

It definitely didn't seem like Conor was landing very hard at all in general though.

And I stand behind there being a very real difference in speed, reflexes and reaction time during the fight, which I believe was a crucial factor in being able to land against Floyd, a fighter who almost always has those advantages.

We can agree to disagree but these things are pretty glaring and hard to objectively dispute

Sorry, Mescaline, but...

tenor.gif

Tell me what you’ve seen from Conor to indicate that he has the power to one punch KO an elite boxer?

He punches and at least in mma, has shown good accuracy. That's enough.

You dont need to be a 40 fight vet to land a lucky punch, which is the only way I suggested he'd ever have a chance.

Saying he has 0.00% chance is moronic

I actually hope this does happen, for no other reason than to show these moronic McGregor ball lickers the difference between a vastly under sized, retired and a decade older WW treating it like a sparring session.

And an actual In his prime MW-LHW that would be competing for an actual world title, Canelo vs McGregor would be an epic beat down and Beterbiev vs McGregor would be an absolute massacre.

He punches and at least in mma, has shown good accuracy. That's enough.

You dont need to be a 40 fight vet to land a lucky punch, which is the only way I suggested he'd ever have a chance.

Saying he has 0.00% chance is moronic

Accurate punching by MMA standards is simply not enough to suggest he could knock out a world class boxer. Not even close in fact.

How many one punch knockouts do you actually see in elite level boxing? Not many. There are exceptions to the rule in guys like Wilder who can literally wind up a hayemaker and simply hope it lands, but that level of power is few and far between even amongst elite boxer. Conor doesn’t have close to enough.

Dude doesn't even want to earn a title shot in the UFC, how the hell is he going to get one in boxing?

Beats a washed up fighter after losing and a long layoff, has a track record of being unreliable in terms of defending and his boxing experiences go as far as losing in an exhibition match in which he was toyed with.

In an ideal world our little welfare queen would have to work his way up to get a shot at any weight class in the UFC but unfortunately the UFC is a circus. Boxing? I doubt he gets to cut the line here and there is absolutely no chance he'll get the required wins to even get a whiff of a world title shot there.

Sorry, but he's not a good boxer, he's amateur at best. Stupid idea

Mayweather went easy on him for some rounds because it was an exhibition match. Won't always be that way

Yez, Mayweather just allowed the first 6 rounds go be incredibly competitive and take over 100 shots on purpose

Imagine it being 2020 and there still being people out there who don’t think Floyd carried Conor’s bum ass the entire fight. Let alone say it was “competitive” lmao.

Last edited:
Back