Audie Attar: "Conor McGregor is serious about pursuing boxing world title"

Whose punching power presents more danger to Floyd Mayweather - Canelo Alvarez or Conor McGregor?

none were dangerous and that's saying a lot for Canelo who packs a lot of power. but Mcg was like.... a teenager sparring a pro boxer. Any other opponent would have KTFO Mcg.

It isn’t a question of feeling wrong. It’s a question of levels within two different sports.

You say the can simply get there ass whooped, but there a huge risk element to fights where one opponent is hopelessly overmatched against an elite level striker. It’s one thing to share the ring with a retired fighter, a decade older than you, 20 lbs lighter, notoriously light punching who carries you, but could you imagine him stepping in against someone elite of his own size like Canelo or GGG? It would be horrific.

Your last paragraph is way off. Firstly amateur boxing is....boxing. The ability to elbow, kick, knee and grapple has no bearing on your ability to box (which is ultimately what title shots in boxing should be based on). Secondly, adult elite level amateur boxers haven’t worn head guards for years (it’s telling thy you don’t know this). Finally, there is a very long established track record of successful amateurs winning world titles in the pro-game. As far as I’m aware, there is absolutely no record of an MMA fighter winning a world title/Olympic gold in the individual martial arts that comprise MMA, without having come from a background in that art.

You gotta have a lot of fights and training if you want to consider a chance at amateur boxing. the amateur circuit is BIG including Olympics, panams and european circuits. MMA guys simply don't have that amount of experience.

You started by quoting me and responding to me. Then you replied to someone else equating my position to the randoms saying Conor would win a rematch. When I was just talking about how the terms of the fight could be more favorable to Conor, and how it's just my opinion he has the "right" to challenge for a world title.

Also, lol at Floyd losing to fuckin Thurman. With any style. But LOLOLOL at thinking he would use the same style.

That's the kind of reaching I'm talking about. Throwing in that crazy shit to try to make ur point better.
Sounds about right

You called him on it better then I did tho

I just assumed he was a troll

I'll go as far as to acknowledge there may be some validity to his stances in the way he sees them

But the way its argued is very off putting

“He said it. That’s something that I can tell you, if he says something he has interest in, it’s likely going to happen.”

“We definitely monitor everything,” Attar said. “We monitor not only fan engagement and interest from the public, but then you look at who’s out there talking what. Because it could be where we have a few different options to weigh and decide on.

“At the end of the day, I saw Floyd, I saw Manny and now Bob Arum, who at one point said, ‘It’s not a smart idea to crossover.’ He’s a believer now as well.”

“Yes it’s going to be busy, but we welcome that,” Attar said. “We’re super excited for it. I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to ambition and goals, and so that’s really fun to see when your entire team is in sync.

“I think we all welcome that type of work load. We don’t look at it as pressure. We look at it as opportunity.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...-is-serious-about-pursuing-boxing-world-title

well there like 50 different bosing classes so sure the zuffa boxing chanpion will mean a whole lot to conor when he fight some slug with a 4-26 record.

Well he already fought Floyd Mayweather. It's certainly not much of a stretch to think that he could compete in boxing again.

compete in a boxing fight sure but win a world title is a whole lot different.

The fact he got sanctioned to fight Mayweather is hilarious enough. Can you imagine if he fought someone who was trying to take his head off instead of carrying him?

Although at this point I feel like any real boxer would be forced to carry Conor for awhile to make their bets, so it wouldn't even be enjoyable to watch.

nsac only cares about money and to be fair conor isnt a bum he has his mma stats and all.

Beating Cowboy got him a
-LW title shot
-WW title shot
-BMF title shot
-Boxing title shot

<JerryWWF>

Conor landed more punches on Floyd that Canelo and pretty much everyone else he's ever fought.

McGreggor > *boxers

Just imagine what he'd do to Caleno? He would end that fucking hype train within 5 rounds

CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOO!

Or more realistic, Floyd had zero respect for him so he had no worries and didn't even waste his energy dodging and blocking punches. It wasn't a competitive fight, Floyd didn't even try and was laughing at dude multiple times during the fight. Mayweather made Marquez look like a lost ass amateur, but somehow I'm supposed to believe Conor was able to hang?

LOL

Mayweather was his best chance at cherry picking a top boxer to beat. 40 something year old semi retired boxer who was famous for his defensive style who also didn't happen to have a knock out in forever. Yes he was undefended and yes Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers to ever live. But you have to understand style wise this was the least risky fight for him at the top. Canelo and Manny would've hurt him bad.

As a fan of Mcgregor I think he should stick to MMA. Canelo is the man now in boxing and I don't want to see it.

It would be truly amazing to sell all those wolf tickets again.

Lol.

Alrhoigh Mcgregor Pacquiao would sell probably 2-3 million PPV buys, I don’t think Conor wants that smoke. He knows Manny ain’t Floyd. Pac-Man would get Conor out of there in 2-3 rounds and in embarrassing fashion.

It wouldn’t work with pac because pac doesn’t talk and would just slaughter him with out all the bs drama mma fans need.

If he wants to get knocked out then more power to him. I ain't paying to watch it.

Hopefully everyone understands this is just negotiations

Conor is a star. Right now, any fight that he is in will do well

it’s just a question of best return. Any boxer will want to fight him. A re-match with Floyd could do half what the first fight did & it would still be the best money fight for both of them. Floyd carried him for exactly this reason. He wanted to keep a re-match viable

The thing about world titles is....

You really shouldn't feel entitled to winning one with 1-2 bouts on your record.

Would kinda undermine the whole point if it were that easy.
Has happened, there was a Thai fighter know as "the shadow of the devil" that won a world title after 3 or 4 fights. Conor would get thumped though. We have a fairly low standard of boxing in Australia the moment and conor wouldn't win a title here.

So let's see him in there with someone his size and in his prime.

Canelo would be the big money fight.

You started by quoting me and responding to me. Then you replied to someone else equating my position to the randoms saying Conor would win a rematch. When I was just talking about how the terms of the fight could be more favorable to Conor, and how it's just my opinion he has the "right" to challenge for a world title.

Also, lol at Floyd losing to fuckin Thurman. With any style. But LOLOLOL at thinking he would use the same style.

That's the kind of reaching I'm talking about. Throwing in that crazy shit to try to make ur point better.

Your reading comprehension borders on the retarded level.

What I said,
Had he fought like he did against Conor vs the likes of Thurman or Canelo, he absolutely would have been knocked out.”

What you came back with,

If you can’t see what’s wrong there, I can’t help you son.

Back