Audie Attar: "Conor McGregor is serious about pursuing boxing world title"

Well he already fought Floyd Mayweather. It's certainly not much of a stretch to think that he could compete in boxing again.

What do you mean? Of course he can compete in boxing again. Nobody is disputing that.

I dont really see anyone at his weight with a name besides Canelo. It would be weird af to see Conor vs like a Charlo brother.

It amazes me when people don’t see this.

We have people on this thread once again going ‘well maybe this time’. <45>

It isn’t even a knock on Conor to say that Mayweather could roll out of bed half drunk and still beat McGregor easily. It’s just the fact that there are levels to all sports, and in boxing terms it’s no different from an world class, record breaking black belt going up against a new blue belt in BJJ. That’s the kind of gap we’re talking about.

Well you're the one talking about Floyd Mayweather as if every world champion is on his level.

And you're taking my position about Conor having "the right" to challenge for ANY world title and equating it to saying he would beat Floyd in a rematch.

And you're also taking my position that a rematch with A) more time to prepare, B) 3 years added to Floyd's age, and/or C) less rounds.. would produce a better result for Conor, and equating that to saying that "Conor will win a rematch".

Even just more than 2 months to prepare and Floyd being 3 years older would obviously be better for Conor. AND, there are far worse world champions to fight. Are you disputing that?

Feel free to dispute my position. Just don't fuckin change it, then shit on the imaginary position you made up to feel superior.

Well you're the one talking about Floyd Mayweather as if every world champion is on his level.

And you're taking my position about Conor having "the right" to challenge for ANY world title and equating it to saying he would beat Floyd in a rematch.

And you're also taking my position that a rematch with A) more time to prepare, B) 3 years added to Floyd's age, and/or C) less rounds.. would produce a better result for Conor, and equating that to saying that "Conor will win a rematch".

Even just more than 2 months to prepare and Floyd being 3 years older would obviously be better for Conor. AND, there are far worse world champions to fight. Are you disputing that?

Feel free to dispute my position. Just don't fuckin change it, then shit on the imaginary position you made up to feel superior.

I’ve no idea where you got literally ANY of that from what I posted.

Fuck man, I wasn’t even quoting you, was I?

Im going to ignore most of this rant and focus on one thing you said in your opening paragraph,

“Well you're the one talking about Floyd Mayweather as if every world champion is on his level”

Floyd Mayweather is absolutely not a world champion boxer. The version of Mayweather that Conor fought was about 20lbs lighter than his opponent and stepping out of retirement to take the fight. Had he fought like he did against Conor vs the likes of Thurman or Canelo, he absolutely would have been knocked out. Please don’t equate that semi-retired version of Floyd with an active, hungry, elite level middleweight (where Conor would be fighting) like Canelo.

There's probably 50 world boxing titles in his weight range. Go get some Conor, but they don't give you title shots with 0-1 records in boxing.

There's probably 50 world boxing titles in his weight range. Go get some Conor, but they don't give you title shots with 0-1 records in boxing.

There are 4 recognised sanctioning bodies. The current belt holders at middleweight (160lbs) are two undefeated Americans, Gennady Golovkin, and Canelo Alvarez.

All would brutalise Conor in the ring in a few short minutes.

I’ve no idea where you got literally ANY of that from what I posted.

Fuck man, I wasn’t even quoting you, was I?

Im going to ignore most of this rant and focus on one thing you said in your opening paragraph,

“Well you're the one talking about Floyd Mayweather as if every world champion is on his level”

Floyd Mayweather is absolutely not a world champion boxer. The version of Mayweather that Conor fought was about 20lbs lighter than his opponent and stepping out of retirement to take the fight. Had he fought like he did against Conor vs the likes of Thurman or Canelo, he absolutely would have been knocked out. Please don’t equate that semi-retired version of Floyd with an active, hungry, elite level middleweight (where Conor would be fighting) like Canelo.

You started by quoting me and responding to me. Then you replied to someone else equating my position to the randoms saying Conor would win a rematch. When I was just talking about how the terms of the fight could be more favorable to Conor, and how it's just my opinion he has the "right" to challenge for a world title.

Also, lol at Floyd losing to fuckin Thurman. With any style. But LOLOLOL at thinking he would use the same style.

That's the kind of reaching I'm talking about. Throwing in that crazy shit to try to make ur point better.

Want a boxing world title, then go 30-0 from now in boxing and then you can have a title shot. absolute BS and a joke to get a title shot in boxing when you have not even beat cans and journeymen in it . just makes the whole entire thing look like a circus and a joke

Honestly, I don’t believe he has the heart and stamina to achieve that.

HOWEVER, due to his notoriety, he has the ability to “cut the line” and, have a puncher’s chance.

Is this right? No.......does it make a mockery out of what being a journeyman is all about? Yes.

Boxing and MMA are essentially prize fighting with moderate fairness.

If anyone wants total fairness, watch The Olympics.

It sure is, especially for world titles. Its one thing to get carried by a fat and retired Mayweather, its another thing to try and stop a hungry fighter from winning a world title in their prime. They'll be insulted by his presence in the ring with them.
This is a pipe dream, I really hope he attempts this.
Fat? conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-913048.jpg

There are 4 recognised sanctioning bodies. The current belt holders at middleweight (160lbs) are two undefeated Americans, Gennady Golovkin, and Canelo Alvarez.

All would brutalise Conor in the ring in a few short minutes.

Not going to lie, I'd pay to see Conor get destroyed by someone not playing around.

So basically, Conor vs Manny is going to happen?

Watch this video of Conor sparring some random amateur in Ireland. Conor couldn't beat a top 50 boxer in the world let alone a world champion.

Conor will never fight in MMA again unless something super opportunistic comes along

Way too many cans with belts in boxing that will pay him a hell of a lot more

The Cowboy fight was to rebuild his name and not go out of MMA on a losing note and the casuals bought it hook line and sinker.
So what cans are you referring to that Conor could beat and make a lot of money out of it?

You keep talking about following Floyd since 2007 (or day 1 as you put it) as if it’s some sort of achievement or you unearthed some sort of hidden gem. He fought Oscar De La Hoya in 2007 in what was one of the biggest fights across combat sports ever. <45>
Congrats on finally sitting up and taking notice. To put your figures into perspective, I would’ve had 30/40 amateur bouts by that time as an adult and 70+ more in the youths/cadets.

I’ll try and simplify things for you. Whose punching power presents more danger to Floyd Mayweather - Canelo Alvarez or Conor McGregor? Does it not make sense to you that he might fight in a much more defensive and cautious manner against a harder puncher, and therefore take more punches against the lighter puncher? I’ve literally provided you with video evidence of Mayweather showing total disregard to Conor’s power in round 3 - not round 9/10 when he was tired, but literally a handful of minutes into the fight. Why do you think he did that?

Again, the notion that Floyd played this fight safe is utterly laughable. Before the fight he not only said he would walk forward, take a few shots and make the fight interesting, he also agreed to fight in 8oz gloves instead of the 10oz that had been contracted. Do these sound like the actions of a guy who had any concerns at all about taking shots from McGregor?
Aight bro well I can respect that

When I first met you, I thought you were just a troll. So that's how I was approaching interacting with you.

When you got to the thread, I kid you not, I had been arguing for like 5 hours straight. It was something else. I'd took a huge dose of yohimbe bark ( African sex drug) the night before and it wouldn't let me sleep. Lol

So I was pretty tapped out at that point. Had no mental energy left and was just repeating myself at that point. I had no conviction, was more forced and started to get rolled

But mid thread it was a battle. Prob as deep as these arguments have ever gotten on fighting forums. I think both sides made some interesting arguments and were well represented. Too bad you didn't show up during that point.

But I'll respect the fact that you have some foundation.

That said, in terms of your actual point, I'll address it another time soon. I'm always down. I will say that there appears to be schools of thought on what happened and it seems theres knowledgeable and experienced people on both ends

Anyways for now I eat. Peace

I'm down for Mcg getting murdered by Pac or any contender in boxing.

Floyd intentionally delayed the beating to get maximum profits while, any other guy wants to KTFO MCG for entering a sport because he is a draw in another different discipline.

Back