Audie Attar: "Conor McGregor is serious about pursuing boxing world title"

I know both boxing and mma better than you ever will and I'd be happy to continue proving that again and again

You just made a long post with absolutely nothing of value In the entire post.

So we found out the judges gave may the first 2 and 3 rounds. Cool

It changes absolutely nothing of what I said.

You've made at least a dozen posts to me. Not a single one of them have you actually addressed the points being made.

Only attacked my character because you have nothing intelligent to say.

Come up with some better trolling

You really, really don’t. Had you ever fought or trained at a decent level you would know what went down in that fight. It would be as familiar to you as it is to me, and anyone who’s ever shared a ring, mat, or cage with someone better than them to the degree at which they’re simply going through the motions. Like a Jits instructor getting some mat time in against a white belt, giving him a few dominant positions here and there, never in the slightest bit of danger, and probably barely even functioning on more than ‘autopilot’ while doing his thing.

You’ve already been identified as a laughing stock on this forum. That you’re not trolling genuinely makes me feel bad for you.

The fact you’ve just realised that Mayweather won rounds 2/3 says a lot about you. You’ve watched this shit 10 times ffs <45>

You have not made a single point that hasn’t been addressed by literally dozens of different posters, in most cases multiple times. You then accuse those posters of being biased or simply not seeing things correctly. The reason they’re not seeing the same thing as you isn’t because you’re more ‘woke’, uniquely unbiased, or have some unique insight, it’s because you take drugs that cause a distorted sense of reality and probably spend most of your time with Conor’s midsection obscuring your vision.

Yeah good idea.

<6>

Why would Conor fight guys like Khabib and Jorge in MMA where he'd probably get wiped out and risk the brand any more when he can fight ANYBODY and make a ton of cash and generate a ton of revenue in boxing.

He mentioned he'd like a fight with Paulie Malinaggi.

Clearly they used the Cerrone fight as a springboard to improve his repuatation with the casuals so he can have a following in boxing.

If he had just went to boxing it would have looked like he failed at MMA.

I doubt we see him in the Octagon again way too much to lose.

UFC made a brillliant move getting into boxing. Now they can make bank off of Conor beating bums.

“He said it. That’s something that I can tell you, if he says something he has interest in, it’s likely going to happen.”

“We definitely monitor everything,” Attar said. “We monitor not only fan engagement and interest from the public, but then you look at who’s out there talking what. Because it could be where we have a few different options to weigh and decide on.

“At the end of the day, I saw Floyd, I saw Manny and now Bob Arum, who at one point said, ‘It’s not a smart idea to crossover.’ He’s a believer now as well.”

“Yes it’s going to be busy, but we welcome that,” Attar said. “We’re super excited for it. I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to ambition and goals, and so that’s really fun to see when your entire team is in sync.

“I think we all welcome that type of work load. We don’t look at it as pressure. We look at it as opportunity.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...-is-serious-about-pursuing-boxing-world-title
At the end of the day he doesn’t have the skills to win a legitimate world boxing title.

conor had no cardio after 2 or 3 rounds

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

<Kobe213>

The thing about world titles is....

You really shouldn't feel entitled to winning one with 1-2 bouts on your record.

Would kinda undermine the whole point if it were that easy.

Who is Vasyl Lomachenko?
His 2nd pro fight was for a world title which he lost and then so was his 3rd which he won.
But that doen't really change your point and Lomachenko was a double Olympic gold medallist sot it is possible, just not for Conor.

Who is Vasyl Lomachenko?
His 2nd pro fight was for a world title which he lost and then so was his 3rd which he won.
But that doen't really change your point and Lomachenko was a double Olympic gold medallist sot it is possible, just not for Conor.

It's an interesting concept. Do multiple titles in multiple organizations in mma give you the same "right" to a boxing world title shot as amateur accomplishments in the actual sport of boxing?

I would say "yes", because there's enough boxing in mma, and there is no actual sanctity to the boxing titles. Let's be honest.

@Mr.Maelstrom what say you?

Conor could take on Wilder, who is almost Nate’s size

It's an interesting concept. Do multiple titles in multiple organizations in mma give you the same "right" to a boxing world title shot as amateur accomplishments in the actual sport of boxing?

I would say "yes", because there's enough boxing in mma, and there is no actual sanctity to the boxing titles. Let's be honest.

@Mr.Maelstrom what say you?

I would say absolutely not.

There is actually a long established precedent of standout amateur boxers being fast tracked in the pro-ranks, with plenty of amateurs being better than their professional counterparts despite the tag. It would be akin to being a world class wrestler, jits guy or Muay Thai guy being fast tracked to a title shot in MMA - something completely valid given their standout skill level on a component of MMA. Generally speaking, these guys can be very successful as long as they adopt a strategy that allows them to fight on their terms.

Going from MMA to contesting at the top of any individual art is much more unlikely to be successful though. You’re typically starting training much later on in life and even then only dedicating a small percentage of your time to any individual art, and coming up against someone who has couple of decades more experience amounting to tens of thousands of hours.

You really, really don’t. Had you ever fought or trained at a decent level you would know what went down in that fight. It would be as familiar to you as it is to me, and anyone who’s ever shared a ring, mat, or cage with someone better than them to the degree at which they’re simply going through the motions. Like a Jits instructor getting some mat time in against a white belt, giving him a few dominant positions here and there, never in the slightest bit of danger, and probably barely even functioning on more than ‘autopilot’ while doing his thing.

You’ve already been identified as a laughing stock on this forum. That you’re not trolling genuinely makes me feel bad for you.

The fact you’ve just realised that Mayweather won rounds 2/3 says a lot about you. You’ve watched this shit 10 times ffs <45>

You have not made a single point that hasn’t been addressed by literally dozens of different posters, in most cases multiple times. You then accuse those posters of being biased or simply not seeing things correctly. The reason they’re not seeing the same thing as you isn’t because you’re more ‘woke’, uniquely unbiased, or have some unique insight, it’s because you take drugs that cause a distorted sense of reality and probably spend most of your time with Conor’s midsection obscuring your vision.

Haha

My old boxing trainer fought floyd when he was a young up and comer. I've been following him since 07 and hes been one of my biggest inspirations since day 1.

The idea that a fighter with among the most impressive defense stats in boxing history just allowed himself to take punches is just utterly absurd to me.

What I saw was a very distinct difference in speed, reflexes and reaction time, owing to Floyd's old age of 40 versus an opponent still in his prime. Which I believe is what allowed Conor to have that success both early and leading up to the 7th round. It was when Conor began to get tired that you seen Floyd open up and then move in for the kill.

It was clear that was Floyd's strategy from minute 1. Further emphasized by his corner. Allow him to punch himself out, make him miss, attack the body, play it safe and drag him into deeper waters.

Floyd definitely played it extremely safe, you only seen him fully open up when it was very clear Conor had nothing left to offer. Which is probably why some seen it as him sandbagging.

In reality it was strategic and how you might expect a 40 year old version of the man to fight.

There was a marginal difference in their speed, reflexes and reaction time, Conor was winning the chess match in those more subtle elements owning to his youth. His range and how he covered distance was an issue too. Every time Floyd did open up, he was countered. He was being beaten to the punch. For someone who supposedly understands fighting, there's a lot of subtle things that seem to go over your head.

The conspiracy theory is that Floyd just carried him and allowed himself to get hit

The logical reality is that Floyd is just old and a decade past his prime. And Conor is actually a lot better than he got credit for

After the fight, legions of pro boxers, coaches and legends commented on the fight. All gave him that respect. Sugar Ray Leonard not only said it during and after the cast, he made a video being impressed with Conors boxing talent. Not one comment of being carried. But what do they know right? They're only the greatest of the past present and future. What do the greatest minds in all of boxing know am I right?

From what I've seen, all the fighters, boxers, analysts and anyone who really knows the game wouldn't say too much different than what I've said here. Though there's definitely a few out there parroting the floyd carried him shit too. But it comes off very face saving. People that just don't wanna give an mma fighter any credit. Reeks of bias. I may not be some elite boxing analyst but I know some shit and most importantly, my inner bullshit detector is as strong as they come

Last edited:

A top 5 all time boxing great can give Conor props

But you cant

You obviously know better

I'm the one who's misguided for actually giving the man credit where it's due and not trying to twist everything

Go directly to the source Mate. Track down every single elite boxers opinion of Conor and the fight.

It's clear that theres some things being seen that go over your head.

Last edited:
I would say absolutely not.

There is actually a long established precedent of standout amateur boxers being fast tracked in the pro-ranks, with plenty of amateurs being better than their professional counterparts despite the tag. It would be akin to being a world class wrestler, jits guy or Muay Thai guy being fast tracked to a title shot in MMA - something completely valid given their standout skill level on a component of MMA. Generally speaking, these guys can be very successful as long as they adopt a strategy that allows them to fight on their terms.

Going from MMA to contesting at the top of any individual art is much more unlikely to be successful though. You’re typically starting training much later on in life and even then only dedicating a small percentage of your time to any individual art, and coming up against someone who has couple of decades more experience amounting to tens of thousands of hours.

I think that long established precedent with boxing amateurs and the perceived sanctity of the pro titles is what would make it feel “wrong” for someone from mma to challenge for a boxing world title.

But I don’t think they should be disqualified on the basis of skill. The fight can get made, and if they’re not good enough, they can get their ass whooped.

But I think knocking out grown men on the feet in a cage fight with all the weapons and 4 oz gloves gives u the same right to the shot as someone beating amateurs in headgear.

Haha

My old boxing trainer fought floyd when he was a young up and comer. I've been following him since 07 and hes been one of my biggest inspirations since day 1.

The idea that a fighter with among the most impressive defense stats in boxing history just allowed himself to take punches is just utterly absurd to me.

What I saw was a very distinct difference in speed, reflexes and reaction time, owing to Floyd's old age of 40 versus an opponent still in his prime. Which I believe is what allowed Conor to have that success both early and leading up to the 7th round. It was when Conor began to get tired that you seen Floyd open up and then move in for the kill.

It was clear that was Floyd's strategy from minute 1. Further emphasized by his corner. Allow him to punch himself out, make him miss, attack the body, play it safe and drag him into deeper waters.

Floyd definitely played it extremely safe, you only seen him fully open up when it was very clear Conor had nothing left to offer. Which is probably why some seen it as him sandbagging.

In reality it was strategic and how you might expect a 40 year old version of the man to fight.

There was a marginal difference in their speed, reflexes and reaction time, Conor was winning the chess match in those more subtle elements owning to his youth. Every time Floyd did open up, he was countered. He was being beaten to the punch. For someone who supposedly understands fighting, there's a lot of subtle things that seem to go over your head.

The conspiracy theory is that Floyd just carried him and allowed himself to get hit

The logical reality is that Floyd is just old and a decade past his prime. And Conor is actually a lot better than he got credit for

After the fight, legions of pro boxers, coaches and legends commented on the fight. All gave him that respect. Sugar Ray Leonard not only said it during and after the cast, he made a video being impressed with Conors boxing talent. Not one comment of being carried. But what do they know right? They're only the greatest of the past present and future. What do the greatest minds in all of boxing know am I right? Keyboard warriors know better.

From what I've seen, all the fighters, boxers, analysts and anyone who really knows the game wouldn't say much different than what I've said here.

But you know better. You're the one who understands fighting. Except the reality is that you're incredibly biased and emotionally invested in this narrative that's been constructed just like everyone else.

Come with some knowledge for once.

This is all clear as day to people who know what they’re watching. They didn’t actually fight. Floyd used all his experience in the ring and on that stage to wait until Conor couldn’t fight anymore, then he started fighting.

I would be really interested to see how a 6 or 8 round contest went. But I see a 12 rounder playing out almost the same way every time. But having said that, Floyd at 3 years older and Conor with more than 2 months to prepare could only be more interesting this time, even over 12 rounds.

Meh, sounds like he's trying to increase his bargaining power for more pay. It's not like he can do as he pleases, he'll need the UFC's consent anyway before doing any of that. Oh and also, lol at winning a boxing title with that cardio. At least in MMA you have the small gloves to TKO the guy in 7 minutes.

There‘a not a title holder from 147-168 that wouldn’t stop him.

He’s so far away from being an elite boxer that even if he was to devote all of his time to boxing for the rest of his career, he couldn’t hope to hang with the elite. I would bet everything I own that there are amateur boxers in Dublin that would beat him.

Conor knows this too. But he also knows that the majority of his fans are idiots who are easily parted with their cash. If they believe that Conor believes, they’ll pay to watch.

Well said man, spot on.

Conor knows his fans will buy anything and Conor is about money over anything else.

I think that long established precedent with boxing amateurs and the perceived sanctity of the pro titles is what would make it feel “wrong” for someone from mma to challenge for a boxing world title.

But I don’t think they should be disqualified on the basis of skill. The fight can get made, and if they’re not good enough, they can get their ass whooped.

But I think knocking out grown men on the feet in a cage fight with all the weapons and 4 oz gloves gives u the same right to the shot as someone beating amateurs in headgear.

It isn’t a question of feeling wrong. It’s a question of levels within two different sports.

You say the can simply get there ass whooped, but there a huge risk element to fights where one opponent is hopelessly overmatched against an elite level striker. It’s one thing to share the ring with a retired fighter, a decade older than you, 20 lbs lighter, notoriously light punching who carries you, but could you imagine him stepping in against someone elite of his own size like Canelo or GGG? It would be horrific.

Your last paragraph is way off. Firstly amateur boxing is....boxing. The ability to elbow, kick, knee and grapple has no bearing on your ability to box (which is ultimately what title shots in boxing should be based on). Secondly, adult elite level amateur boxers haven’t worn head guards for years (it’s telling thy you don’t know this). Finally, there is a very long established track record of successful amateurs winning world titles in the pro-game. As far as I’m aware, there is absolutely no record of an MMA fighter winning a world title/Olympic gold in the individual martial arts that comprise MMA, without having come from a background in that art.

Well said man, spot on.

Conor knows his fans will buy anything and Conor is about money over anything else.

It amazes me when people don’t see this.

We have people on this thread once again going ‘well maybe this time’. <45>

It isn’t even a knock on Conor to say that Mayweather could roll out of bed half drunk and still beat McGregor easily. It’s just the fact that there are levels to all sports, and in boxing terms it’s no different from an world class, record breaking black belt going up against a new blue belt in BJJ. That’s the kind of gap we’re talking about.

Yeah serious until he loses, then we’ll be hearing he was an unfocused drunk with a broken foot!

Haha

There was a marginal difference in their speed, reflexes and reaction time, Conor was winning the chess match in those more subtle elements owning to his youth. His range and how he covered distance was an issue too. Every time Floyd did open up, he was countered. He was being beaten to the punch. For someone who supposedly understands fighting, there's a lot of subtle things that seem to go over your head.

After the fight, legions of pro boxers, coaches and legends commented on the fight. All gave him that respect. Sugar Ray Leonard not only said it during and after the cast, he made a video being impressed with Conors boxing talent. Not one comment of being carried. But what do they know right? They're only the greatest of the past present and future. What do the greatest minds in all of boxing know am I right?

From what I've seen, all the fighters, boxers, analysts and anyone who really knows the game wouldn't say too much different than what I've said here. Though there's definitely a few out there parroting the floyd carried him shit too. But it comes off very face saving. People that just don't wanna give an mma fighter any credit. Reeks of bias

You're incredibly emotionally invested in this narrative that's been constructed just like everyone else.

You keep talking about following Floyd since 2007 (or day 1 as you put it) as if it’s some sort of achievement or you unearthed some sort of hidden gem. He fought Oscar De La Hoya in 2007 in what was one of the biggest fights across combat sports ever. <45>
Congrats on finally sitting up and taking notice. To put your figures into perspective, I would’ve had 30/40 amateur bouts by that time as an adult and 70+ more in the youths/cadets.

I’ll try and simplify things for you. Whose punching power presents more danger to Floyd Mayweather - Canelo Alvarez or Conor McGregor? Does it not make sense to you that he might fight in a much more defensive and cautious manner against a harder puncher, and therefore take more punches against the lighter puncher? I’ve literally provided you with video evidence of Mayweather showing total disregard to Conor’s power in round 3 - not round 9/10 when he was tired, but literally a handful of minutes into the fight. Why do you think he did that?

Again, the notion that Floyd played this fight safe is utterly laughable. Before the fight he not only said he would walk forward, take a few shots and make the fight interesting, he also agreed to fight in 8oz gloves instead of the 10oz that had been contracted. Do these sound like the actions of a guy who had any concerns at all about taking shots from McGregor?

Back