Audie Attar: "Conor McGregor is serious about pursuing boxing world title"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“He said it. That’s something that I can tell you, if he says something he has interest in, it’s likely going to happen.”

“We definitely monitor everything,” Attar said. “We monitor not only fan engagement and interest from the public, but then you look at who’s out there talking what. Because it could be where we have a few different options to weigh and decide on.

“At the end of the day, I saw Floyd, I saw Manny and now Bob Arum, who at one point said, ‘It’s not a smart idea to crossover.’ He’s a believer now as well.”

“Yes it’s going to be busy, but we welcome that,” Attar said. “We’re super excited for it. I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to ambition and goals, and so that’s really fun to see when your entire team is in sync.

“I think we all welcome that type of work load. We don’t look at it as pressure. We look at it as opportunity.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...-is-serious-about-pursuing-boxing-world-title

Sure, and I’m serious about playing in the NBA. Neither one is gonna happen.

Well he already fought Floyd Mayweather. It's certainly not much of a stretch to think that he could compete in boxing again.

Oh god. Why?

Stay in your lane Conor. You looked absolutely cringeworthy against a 40 year old retired Mayweather, who absolutely toyed with you. You'll only get embarrassed. Stick to MMA, where your barely hanging on a thread there as well.

James Toney learned how to stay in his lane via Randy Couture.

“He said it. That’s something that I can tell you, if he says something he has interest in, it’s likely going to happen.”

“We definitely monitor everything,” Attar said. “We monitor not only fan engagement and interest from the public, but then you look at who’s out there talking what. Because it could be where we have a few different options to weigh and decide on.

“At the end of the day, I saw Floyd, I saw Manny and now Bob Arum, who at one point said, ‘It’s not a smart idea to crossover.’ He’s a believer now as well.”

“Yes it’s going to be busy, but we welcome that,” Attar said. “We’re super excited for it. I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to ambition and goals, and so that’s really fun to see when your entire team is in sync.

“I think we all welcome that type of work load. We don’t look at it as pressure. We look at it as opportunity.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...-is-serious-about-pursuing-boxing-world-title
I've always wanted to be a Formula One world champion. I don't look at it as pressure. I look at it as being delusional. It isn't going to happen is it.

Would be more fun to see Conor in like 5 round boxing matches. Zero desire to see another boxer dance around until Conor gets tired.

If the action was pressed from the beginning, it might actually be entertaining.

If he's lucky enough to win a UFC title again, expect him to immediately go to boxing. He loves never defending titles and holding up divisions.

usa_today_10242016.0.jpg

The fact he got sanctioned to fight Mayweather is hilarious enough. Can you imagine if he fought someone who was trying to take his head off instead of carrying him?

Although at this point I feel like any real boxer would be forced to carry Conor for awhile to make their bets, so it wouldn't even be enjoyable to watch.

Well of course he's going to, the pay is exceptional.

A literally retired Mayweather was able to carry him for 10 rounds before putting an end to it, and i'm sure there are more than a few boxing champs that would love to put on what is essentially an exhibition fight for 20-30 million.

The trick is to find a boxer seasoned enough to let Conor run his mouth during the buildup and not want to take his head off in the first.

The thing about world titles is....

You really shouldn't feel entitled to winning one with 1-2 bouts on your record.

Would kinda undermine the whole point if it were that easy.

Dana isn’t there to strip a champion to put an undeserved belt around Conor’s waist, sorry Conor fanboys but he’s not sniffing any boxing belt lol.

The fact he got sanctioned to fight Mayweather is hilarious enough. Can you imagine if he fought someone who was trying to take his head off instead of carrying him?

Although at this point I feel like any real boxer would be forced to carry Conor for awhile to make their bets, so it wouldn't even be enjoyable to watch.
Yez, Mayweather just allowed the first 6 rounds go be incredibly competitive and take over 100 shots on purpose

setting aside the substance of what he said, I am incapable of taking someone named "Audie" seriously

sounds like a name you would give to a wisecracking parakeet

so he trained mma for months in order to get back to boxing

Oh god. Why?

Stay in your lane Conor. You looked absolutely cringeworthy against a 40 year old retired Mayweather, who absolutely toyed with you. You'll only get embarrassed. Stick to MMA, where your barely hanging on a thread there as well.

James Toney learned how to stay in his lane via Randy Couture.

wow, your conor hate has reached new levels..."barely holding on" in mma...dude, the guy just ko'd cerrone in record time...when was the last time you ever saw cerrone get utterly wiped out like that? not landing a single strike...he's as far from "barely holding on" as you can get.. he can write his own ticket right now...if he wants to fight usman...guess what, he's fighting usman...if he wants masvidal or khabib, he's fighting either....he's as big now, as he's ever been...especially now, coming off the huge win...whether or not cerrone was a good opponent or not...it's not who he beat, but how he beat him.

and by the way, conor making his pro debut, against a 49-0 multiple division champion and went 10 rounds...winning the first 3-4 rounds...so keep talking about how floyd toyed with him.

Back