Audi drops remaining manuals in their lineup

You keep your foot on the clutch?

Why was your right foot still on the accelerator? You don't brake before downshifting or were you looking to engine brake?

^

<DontBelieve1>

Do you even manual?

Exactly what I was thinking, I don't see how he could do that. I've tried to find a clutch pedal in an auto before(just to start the vehicle) but came nowhere close to the brake. The brake is so far over it would feel stupid to cross that far over to the right to find it.

To add to this while driving today I just placed my left foot over the brake. It is ridiculously uncomfortable, your feet are basically on top of each other, my left leg was sitting center or slightly center right of my body. There is no way you could comfortably do that nor keep your foot hovered there.

Left foot braking belongs on a track with the pro's capable of effectively using the technique.

Manual cars are for men. Automatics, for women. That’s how it was, is, and always will be.

You are saying that back in 1993 there was significant car culture and cars were being bought by car enthusiasts in China? No way.

As recently at the early 2000s most cars were either commercial and government use or else had drivers/chauffeurs. Nobody drove for pleasure. Car culture isn't even really a thing right now (well, as status symbols maybe) and definitely didn't start penetrating until the rise of a middle class after 2000.

Wrong on both counts, right now car culture is a very big thing especially in Shanghai as well as motorbike culture too, I’ll post some photos of mod shops once I get back there

I drove a stick for 10+ years. Moved to a city and my commute is 25 mins each way and sit in traffic. Had to switch to manual. Paddle shifters are still fun. And the pain an annoyance of the clutch is gone. Prob will never go back unless i move to east bum fuck with open roads.

Also LMFAO at those evo prices above. Car is trash.

Wrong on both counts, right now car culture is a very big thing especially in Shanghai as well as motorbike culture too, I’ll post some photos of mod shops once I get back there

OK I can concede there are some pockets of enthusiasm right now, but you were saying twenty-five years ago! In recent times even BMW and Porsche want to drop manuals, so it isn't surprising that most enthusiasts who got into cars less than ten years ago wouldn't be big into manual transmissions. Most supercars lost them long ago too so whats the motivation to learn now?

Pfft, manuals are for plebs and poor people. A good automatic is faster anyways.

This. Manuals lol. What year is this?

And yes I know how to drive a manual, my first car was stick.

OK I can concede there are some pockets of enthusiasm right now, but you were saying twenty-five years ago! In recent times even BMW and Porsche want to drop manuals, so it isn't surprising that most enthusiasts who got into cars less than ten years ago wouldn't be big into manual transmissions. Most supercars lost them long ago too so whats the motivation to learn now?
Yeah the motivation isn’t going to be there due to the fact automatics are just so much simpler for the Chinese

i knew it would just be in the US.

they're responding to the market. big deal.

Back