Attorney on domestic violence charge: "If Rumble hits you, your grandkids will feel it"

In hindsight he probably shouldn't have even picked her up... but there are way worse ways to "de-escalate" a situation and I can understand the thought process that would lead to him moving her to another room. I hope the correct outcome is reached in this case. Either way, Rumble and the accuser should probably stay far away from each other.

either way I think prosecuting someone for that is a stretch -- I don't think thats what the law was intended for this -- it was meant to prosecute bad guys from beating and harming their significant others

he's right -- if he wanted to hurt her he would have easily -- he clearly had no intention of causing her harm

who knows what was going on? maybe he thought he was in danger and tried to take the safest measure to avoid conflict

either way waste of public money and resources to try to prosecute someone for this

Retired UFC fighter Anthony Johnson on Monday pleaded not guilty to a single count of misdemeanor domestic battery in Florida.

Johnson, 35, was arrested earlier this monthafter his ex-girlfriend told police he used a “football hold” to pick her up and move her into another room during an argument. Johnson admitted picking up the woman but denied he was trying to harm her. Police did not find any visible injuries on the woman.

Johnson’s attorney, Michael Walsh, called the domestic battery charge “completely ridiculous” and vowed to go to trial if the case proceeds.

“Anthony Johnson, if he hits you, your grandkids are going to feel it,” Walsh told MMA Junkie on Wednesday. “He’s trying to deescalate her verbal argument. So he simply picks her up gently and puts her down. He simply did not want to argue anymore and put her in another room. That happens every day in America in domestic relationships. … It might be a domestic dispute, but it’s not domestic violence.”

Walsh noted in Johnson’s initial court appearance that judge Debra Moses Stephens ordered a less severe no-contact order as opposed to one completely forbidding any contact.

“We’re taking Jerry Springer and turning it into the courtroom,” Walsh said.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/05/ex-ufc-fighter-anthony-johnson-pleads-not-guilty-domestic-violence

if my lawyer said something so stupid sounding he be looking for a new client to defend.

This is Rumble's lawyers defense lol. Anthony Johnson, if he hits you, your grandkids are going to feel it,” Walsh said when talking about the “completely ridiculous” accusations. “He’s trying to deescalate her verbal argument. So he simply picks her up gently and puts her down. He simply did not want to argue anymore and put her in another room. That happens every day in America in domestic relationships. … It might be a domestic dispute, but it’s not domestic violence.”

Rumble does have a history of abuse towards females

Tho I believe it a non-issue in this case - dumb thing for a lawyer to say

I hear lawyers can be greasy liars but it's hard to say.

My grandkids don't want that smoke

tenor.gif

Anthony Johnson's lawyer must be a real bad ass

Sounds to me like Rumble should get a better lawyer

Who knows the truth, but my general rule of thumb is, when in doubt, the chick is probably lying.

either way I think prosecuting someone for that is a stretch -- I don't think thats what the law was intended for this -- it was meant to prosecute bad guys from beating and harming their significant others

he's right -- if he wanted to hurt her he would have easily -- he clearly had no intention of causing her harm

who knows what was going on? maybe he thought he was in danger and tried to take the safest measure to avoid conflict

either way waste of public money and resources to try to prosecute someone for this

giphy.gif

If he did not injure the woman whats the deal? If he slammed her or hit her shed be hurt

What a terrible argument. I’m assuming Rumble has a state appointed attorney as he was deemed poor , down, and out by a judge.

That’s like the lawyer of a hunter saying if he wanted to hurt her she’d be shot dead. It’s just a stupid thing to say to a judge.

Back