Attn: Xtrainer

People just need to think before starting threads...
I read D&S alot but have never had the need to start one.

Glad to know that the quality of the D&S forum has improved since the day I started coming here.

Bry

I don't post very much on any forum - but I will say from the countless hours of reading I do on different forums, these ones are actually moderated with some thought - which is something rare and precious on the internet.

so thanks Xtrainer, et all. Of course catching flack is to be expected from time to time I think, due to the nature of the whole thing, but the good FAR outweighs the bad in this case.

Do not underestimate ridicule as a training aid. Especially in predominantly male environments, virtual or otherwise.

Agreed, slappin around a bunch of mindless posters would help his forum IMO. However whether or not this forum gets enough knowledgeable people viewing is the main flaw in this plan. Anyway satire would help this thread if attainable IMO.

I don't understand what the big deal is. If you like a topic, read and contribute if you like. If not, don't waste your time with it. Some of the regulars come off as being snobby and entitled. It's not like the regulars own this website or are entitled to use and regulate it more than others (except for the moderators, of course).

It just makes me cringe when somebody is asking an honest question, no matter how elementary it sounds, and one of the "regulars' starts flaming away. I just don't see what the big deal is to post a topic that has been discussed in the past and why the forum is so "broken". I wish there was more discussion here, even if it's something that has been discussed before.

Back