ATTN: UFC Owners. Wanna Bring Back Fan Interest? Bring Back Tourneys

It's all great until someone gets injured and a replacement comes in and fucks up the flow.

That's why they don't do it

It rarely works.
We got Cormier out of the SFGP. If someone gets injured, it isn't necessarily bad. That alternate that "fucked up the flow?" Half the posters here are calling him the GOAT now.

Sorry i cant give my support for tourny's in MMA.

never liked them and never will.

it would be better if rankings actually meant something and each division is basically run like one long ongoing continuous tourny. Like it should be.

this is impossible though. you can't design a "bracket" or system that actually works. who fights who?

again, even today, a logical contender is almost always fighting for the title. alot of the noise comes from the callouts and champs campaigning for their next defense in their interest.

In another thread the TS wondered what would become of the titles if DC retired with both HW and LHW belts. No better time than to have the first UFC Grand Prixs, imo. We all know TUF is the UFC's self proclaimed "toughest tournament in sports." But is it really? Who here wouldn't tune into a tourney featuring the 8 best available at each weight class with the winner becoming the division champ? Make it the 12 best available and have two alternate bouts.

But, the divisions aren't very deep right now, right? What a perfect way to create some stars and some drama, both of which the current owners are looking for, in spades.

The UFC needs to shake some things up. The product is stale af at the moment. Sometimes, the best thing to do to look towards the future is to look to the past. Not only would a lot of us hardcores not mind seeing this happen, most people in general love tourneys, and they may be able to gain back some older fans familiar with the format who fell off.

Who's with me? They claim to put on the fights the fans wanna see, maybe if we show interest they will bend to our will?

latest

Despite it being a great idea that brings a ongoing STORY to the sport that fans love to follow, Dana has always been against it. Eventually, someone else in the org will overrule Dana and bring back tournaments. It will be successful and noobs & mainstream media will credit Dana for the UFC's success. Ive already seen this story play out many times.

Uhh... they decided the 125lb #1 contender with a tournament

Just crowned a 125lb women's champ with a tournament.

Nobody gave a shit. OP disproven.

Because it's manlets and women. Unless you stick all 8-16 in a cage at once and have a battle Royal, no one is going to give a damn.

We got Cormier out of the SFGP. If someone gets injured, it isn't necessarily bad. That alternate that "fucked up the flow?" Half the posters here are calling him the GOAT now.
Strikeforce wasn't at all happy that tourney going completely opposite of what they had hoped for. DC threw a wrench in the whole thing.Great for DC though because it launched him on to bigger things.

how about creating legit ladder/ ranking in each weight class, then stop useing double standars... first moves...

Casuals dont care about that

WME would do well to forget about casuals and try expanding the hardcore fanbase because casuals don't bring in any money.

Considering that the TS was referring to a format that would please hardcore fans, I thought I would stick on topic to give it a bit more context.

WME would do well to forget about casuals and try expanding the hardcore fanbase because casuals don't bring in any money.

Considering that the TS was referring to a format that would please hardcore fans, I thought I would stick on topic to give it a bit more context.
Casuals are 85% of the fan base. "Hardcores" only account for 100-200k buys per event. Everyone else is a "casual". This is a casual driven business, not hardcore who openly stream and do everything but spend money on MMA.

They could also bring back a hint of legitimacy with how they hand out their belts and establish rankings in each division. That could go a long way.
Almost all title shots go to worthy challengers.

<23>

Did you read what I said?

Direct refutes tend to only happen if a person read what he is replying to...

Other promotions are doing them, those promotions are still around and some like Bellator are growing because of it and thus, are sustainable.

Uhh... they decided the 125lb #1 contender with a tournament

Just crowned a 125lb women's champ with a tournament.

Nobody gave a shit. OP disproven.
Yeah? That's because nobody gives a shit about those two divisions dude, seriously

Direct refutes tend to only happen if a person read what he is replying to...

Other promotions are doing them, those promotions are still around and some like Bellator are growing because of it and thus, are sustainable.
<{Heymansnicker}>
Nah I'm doubtful. One can only read something when he truly comprehended it. All I can say is try reading it again.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Nah I'm doubtful. One can only read something when he truly comprehended it. All I can say is try reading it again.

You spoke, you were proven wrong and you no longer have anything to say. Your attempt to condescend has failed.

You spoke, you were proven wrong and you no longer have anything to say. Your attempt to condescend has failed.
<DisgustingHHH>
You disappointed me. I gave you every chance to redeem yourself.

How could you miss something that I wrote in the very first sentence?

Ha, could you imagine how long and how much of a clusterfuck a tournament in todays primadonna filled UFC would be?

Back