ATTN Retailers: Idea for a Product

scorcho

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This thread is for guys like Ron at SSF, Steve at Sprawl, Paul at Truth, Chris at Nogi, etc.

You guys really should make a boxing style sleaveless zipp hoodie. You know the ones boxers often warm up in, that look like a vest with a hood? Those things are really cool, and have that real "fighter" look, if you know what I mean. They are also easier to take off than a real hoodie with mma gloves on.

Just thought I would share an idea.

Couldn't you just cut/rip/tear the sleeves off a normal hoodie? I'm not getting the point.

Valgarv said:
Couldn't you just cut/rip/tear the sleeves off a normal hoodie? I'm not getting the point.

that and you need big biceps to make the no sleeves look good. it's why you'll never see the foz in a singlet.

~Foz

I'd probably buy one for jogging in the cold months. Usually a full sweatshirt is too much, but I can imagine one of these with a tshirt or something would be pretty comfy.

Rusell athletics has something like that.................it should not be hard to put some logos and what have you on it.

Maybe you could get the one that Russell makes and slap some gi patches on it for the time being.

Scorcho,

We used to manufacture them for some clients in fleece and Satin , but the demand was not so big compared to regular sleeve hoodies. Hunter fightwear used to make them and they stop doing that as far as we remember.

I understand the idea. I know a fleece vest is great for outside work when it is reasonably cold (not arctic). It keeps you from sweating as much. I think he is suggesting that someone should make it, not that he is in need. There is likely not that high of a demand, but if one or two companies made it, then maybe there would be enough demand to pay for it.

copperhead said:
I understand the idea. I know a fleece vest is great for outside work when it is reasonably cold (not arctic). It keeps you from sweating as much. I think he is suggesting that someone should make it, not that he is in need. There is likely not that high of a demand, but if one or two companies made it, then maybe there would be enough demand to pay for it.

That is true , we still have our old designs , we are starting a little bit late our 2006 line , but we can include a few sleeveless hoodies to see how they go. Any idea on the fabric , 100% cotton , nylon , etc ???

I think a "light" hood would be good. For example, a typical hoodie is a thick material and has some weight to it. If you cut the sleeves out, you cut out a lot of weight. I think if the hood is heavy compared to the vest, it could feel odd, especially if the hood pulls the fabric back while you are wearing it.

Here's a pic of one by Puma without zipper:
801157_03.fpx&obj=iip,1.0&wid=225&qlt=100&cvt=JPEG

The fabric is 80% Cotton and 20% Polyester.

Maybe SSF could consider a sleeveless version of their red fist hoodie design that was posted on the forum previously.

Superbeast said:
Maybe SSF could consider a sleeveless version of their red fist hoodie design that was posted on the forum previously.

I'll cut the sleeves off.

www.SSFgear.com

Anyways maybe that'll work but I think ones with sleeves would be more useful.

There we go. Now a sleeveless hoodie for MMA may see the light of day and Ron will have an extra product to market as an alternative to a conventional hoodie. Everyone wins. :)

Back