Attn : Heavily Tattooed Sherdoggers

I get a lot of ink done and I usually just wear Underarmor and I'm fine..
majority of the time, I roll the same day as my tattoo appointments. Just make sure to wash down and clean your tattoo when you are done rolling.

get a lot of ik at once. get tattooed ever 6 months and take 1 week off. take week 2 light and then you should be good to go.

I got a lot tattoos and a lot more to go :) . My best advice is wear a rashguard. Keep your tattoo moisturized with cream. If you really want to protect your ink put a Se ram wrap plastic on your tattoo like they do right after you get it and put on your rashguard then your GI if you train GI. So nobodies sweat but yours touches the tattoo. Take it off right after training and wash your tattoo lightly with soap. Then let it get some air the rest of the day.

You shouldn't roll until 3 days after you get your tattoo done at least. Just make sure you only train with GI or a rashguard at least until your tattoo is properly healed. You still might get it chipped and parts of the ink pulled out of your skin during training but it can always get touched up which most tattoo artists don't really charge to just touch up little spots of ink.

I hope this helps you out man. I want to get some ink on my shins and that is going to suck because I might not be able to train muay thai for the 2 weeks :(

i only get tattooed a couple of times a year so i can train more. i wait until after bigger tournaments when i want to rest and relax anyways, that way it doesn't interfere with my training. i just got tattooed after the american cup, i got work done five days in a row, and now i will be able to get back to training with in the next week or so. while waiting to heal i do a shitload of s&c work, plus crazy cardio workouts that would not be possible in conjunction with the bjj.

Back