Attn: FINNEGAN. Update?

Finn, Sorry to hear about the outcome. But nothing motivates a fighter like a loss, even a loss under silly circumstances like the ref not understanding english.

Keep your head up and come back better brother!

At any rate, we should round up a rape-posse and go find that ref.

I muted it so that we could get better visual quality (loud noises distorted the last vid):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o-cwMqqV_FE&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o-cwMqqV_FE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Finn had a sweet reversal from bottom. Sucks to get an L due to ref n00bishness.

It really had potential to be the most exciting event of the night. Everyone in the audience was so pissed that most just got up and left immediately after booing the outcome.

nevertheless NICE job Finn: Good arm triangle defense, and good sweep anyways...
ah well can't win all the time now can we?

Finny... Glad to see you keeping your head up after a silly stoppage. You're one of the most driven fighters I'v had the pleasure of speaking to (albeit via internet). Keep your chin up and train hard eventually when you're wearing a belt it will all be worth it.

As for the crappy ref it happens. Maybe it's good you got the bad ref call now (in the beginning of yoru career) as opposed to later on when you have more on the line. I always try to look for the brighter side of things.

Damn. That sucks Cap'n. I'm going to tell the next ref that I'm just going scream "Cornelius!" if I'm submitting, and "Puppy" if I'm okay.
Kind of sad we've got to use safewords.

Outstanding.

Tough break man. Heal up and take it out on the next guy.

WAR Steven P Stackpole, The Destroyer or Hope!!!!1

I still think it's the spinning backfist (or lack of one) that made all the difference. Nice fight nonetheless.

I don't know if the refs in Indiana need really to be professionally-certified (since the state's unregulated). The ref was (is?) a pro fighter himself at one point.

This was in Indiana? Forgive me, I'm out of "the loop". What town? Who was the ref? What promotion?
I know of most of the fighters around here Indianapolis/Kokomo/Lafayette. Most of the time, the ref is/was a fighter. Sorry if any of this info was already given, but I can't sift through EVERY page at work.

This was in Indiana? Forgive me, I'm out of "the loop". What town? Who was the ref? What promotion?
I know of most of the fighters around here Indianapolis/Kokomo/Lafayette. Most of the time, the ref is/was a fighter. Sorry if any of this info was already given, but I can't sift through EVERY page at work.

So. Indiana....New Albany

Ugh...

The look on Fins face after the ref walks away, like the last second of the video when he looks down... I can just feel the disappointment.

NO CONTEST!!

Also, good work on the ground, but keep your hands up when circling, esp. to the left.

So. Indiana....New Albany

I was trying to figure out who the ref was mostly. Indiana is known for having some great fighters come from there, but also known for some lackluster events, refs, inadequate venues, etc. I was wondering if it was any of the events I'm familar with here.
Anyways, better luck next time.

That guy definitely had a gameplan. He looked strong like bull. Nice transition with the arm triangle defense to reversal. The head slump at the end says it all.

Horseshit. The look of 'what the fuck' on your face tells the story pretty well.

The opponent was game, that's for sure - but that was a bad stoppage.

That guy definitely had a gameplan. He looked strong like bull. Nice transition with the arm triangle defense to reversal. The head slump at the end says it all.

Wait, did I get the play by play wrong? Can't watch the vid at work.

As far as my opponent goes, he definitely had a gameplan and followed through nicely. Like I said, it sucks that the fight ended the way it did. I think we'd have had a helluva second round on way or the other.
Thanks again, guys.

I was trying to figure out who the ref was mostly. Indiana is known for having some great fighters come from there, but also known for some lackluster events, refs, inadequate venues, etc. I was wondering if it was any of the events I'm familar with here.
Anyways, better luck next time.

Ref was Michael something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back