Attn: FINNEGAN. Update?

Damn, sucky ref. Good that you're not injured though.

Shouldn'T there be a clear verbal signal the fighters can give on wehter they are fine or not?

Like:
Ref:"Fine or stop?"
Fighter:"Fine."/"Stop."

Like two words you can say easily even under extreme pressure but can't be confused.

Sadly...welcome to the world of amateur MMA. It doesn't matter the condition a fighter in, it only has to look effective. I've seen guys through 2-3 ground and pound arm shots and win and I've seen people do a rear naked choke on the chin and still have the fight called.

Amateur refs are absolutely horrible. I'm sorry you got shafted.

That sucks. Apparently this was not the ref from your first fight. Two fights - two crappy refs.

Sorry to hear it Finn, that's the human element of it though. You'll kick some ass next time.

Thanks. Like I said, I don't feel like I lost a fight. I feel cheated.

You were. And in order to prevent further things like that happening, you need let the powers that be know as much.

Some may say "It's not big deal, let it go" but ya know what I say to that? Fuck off. That ref took your what, 6-8 weeks of hard training, through injuries no less and threw it all way. That is not right.
The result may stand, or it may be changed to a "No Contest" (which is should) but there are far too many know-nothing refs and commissions in the sport is seems these days. And if the fighters don't make a stand against it, it's just going to keep happening. Again and again and the only ones who lose out are the athletes.

Between sandbagging, shit refs and judges, not to mention any fuckhead and his dog getting a commissioners license things are not great for the sport.

Sorry about my rant Fin, and sorry you got fucked over. Glad you didn't get injured. Let you hands heal up proper and good luck to ya in the future.

Actually, it was the same ref from my first fight.
Some other bad calls of the night:
-He stopped another fight when the guy on bottom was PUNCHING his opponent. The top guy's corner starts yelling "He's tapping!" and pulls them apart without looking to see for himself.
-Let another guy eat about 5 unanswered elbows before calling it. The guy didn't move for about three minutes.
-two guys were locked up in a kimura attempt from bottom and started sliding out of the ring. They continued to slide onto the ringside table before he decided they needed to be restarted in the center.

All from the same ref.

Sorry to hear that Finny...I'm glad you didn't get your arm broken though.

Shouldn'T there be a clear verbal signal the fighters can give on wehter they are fine or not?

Like:
Ref:"Fine or stop?"
Fighter:"Fine."/"Stop."

Like two words you can say easily even under extreme pressure but can't be confused.

He said at the beginning of the match:
"I'll be talking to you if you get into trouble. Say "I'm okay, give me a thumb's up, tell me to fuck off, whatever you gotta do."
I say "I'm okay." he hears "I'm done." Basically, he was listening to the opponent's corner screaming "He's done!" Don't get me wrong, the sub looks really bad. Still, he wasn't holding my head/ chest down so the pressure wasn't on the shoulder at all. The elbow was torqued as much as he could torque it, but I wasn't in danger of being subbed at all.

Centaur: I'm telling them that I won't be fighting for their promotion if he is going to ref my matches. They are great promoters, but they really need to get a professional referee.

That sucks finny, try and set up your next fight against that said Ref

I'd have to cut about 60lbs to fight the ref.

Sorry to hear that Finn. That's the worst feeling when you're not in control of the decision. I was on the shit end of the stick once too.

"Are you okay"
"yes"

"ARE YOU OKAY"
"YES"

"Do you want me to stop it?"

"FUCKING NO!"

*stops fight*

"I hear you say "fucking now". "

Cunts.

I don't know if the refs in Indiana need really to be professionally-certified (since the state's unregulated). The ref was (is?) a pro fighter himself at one point.

Damn. That sucks Cap'n. I'm going to tell the next ref that I'm just going scream "Cornelius!" if I'm submitting, and "Puppy" if I'm okay.
Kind of sad we've got to use safewords.

Damn. That sucks Cap'n. I'm going to tell the next ref that I'm just going scream "Cornelius!" if I'm submitting, and "Puppy" if I'm okay.
Kind of sad we've got to use safewords.

Nice

Back