ATTENTION GOLDIE (Mike Goldberg Appreciation Thread)

Use to dislike him but now I enjoy the dumb stuff he says. I rather a commentator be that way and make me laugh instead of an annoying professional like they have for football with Al Micheals, etc. Goldberg can stay around as long as he wants in my book. They should get a fighter to commentate with them however.

I liked Jon with Rogan only. Jon with Kenny is shit. But Joe and Mike is UFC gold period.

I love when people say "even though he states the obvious" when that's literally his job.

I actually like Joe and Mike, they're my favorite MMA commentating team.

Goldies flaws make him more interesting, he could play it safe and be boring but steps out of his comfort zone with hilarious results and its... well, gold. I don't have a problem with him... I prefer Mauro but Goldie is fine.

I never thought I would say it..... but I did miss Goldie. He has a good partnership with Joe, and he has become part of the UFC experience.

Goldberg is like an old friend. All of my friends are idiots and I let them know it.

Goldberg has personality. He's a doofus, we make fun of him, it's great. Anik is a zero. His personality is that he says beard instead of chin.

People say Goldberg is unprofessional, but you can tell he takes his job very seriously. It's easy to imagine him spending 25 minutes in his hotel room practicing saying "The Prodigy". Also, he's willing to slam half a dozen Red Bulls during every broadcast to improve his performance, despite the fact that he has the bladder of an infant.

I missed Goldie last event.

Hope he comes back. Its just not the same without him.

he's more climatic than Anik. Jon Anik is better suited to MMA Talk shows. He has the facts but simply cannot express excitement.

Goldberg is like an old friend. All of my friends are idiots and I let them know it.

Goldberg has personality. He's a doofus, we make fun of him, it's great. Anik is a zero. His personality is that he says beard instead of chin.

People say Goldberg is unprofessional, but you can tell he takes his job very seriously. It's easy to imagine him spending 25 minutes in his hotel room practicing saying "The Prodigy". Also, he's willing to slam half a dozen Red Bulls during every broadcast to improve his performance, despite the fact that he has the bladder of an infant.

Nailed it... I hate commentary that could be done by a robot... it's ok when im first getting into the sport so I can get an understanding faster but then it gets old very fast. Goldie is the nice guy who tries hard but messes things up all the time who we make fun of a lot but down deep he really is part of the family.

This thread is sponsored by Corn Nuts, the official corn snack of this thread

I love Goldie. UFC PPVs without him are not the same

Actually missd him during last event. His goof ups make me smile irl few times per event.

Back