ATTENTION GOLDIE (Mike Goldberg Appreciation Thread)

He's bad at his job in the so bad he's good way.

He's the voice of the UFC.

He's actually really good at his job. While some stuff is pre-recorded, most of what he says is off the cuff (for better or worse). It's 4+ hours of improvised talking without a verbal pause (uh, umm, oh, ah, etc.) in a sport that has very few live metrics (unlike, say, baseball where there are at-bats, averages, the score, the pitch count...I could go on) but which needs to convey both the excitement of a fight and the minute intricacy of, say, a ground exchange like a setting up a guard pass or moving into position for a submission. To do that, while (usually) leaving room for his partner to also lend his expertise is a really, really difficult job.

So while Goldie has said dumb things, as a broadcast guy he's top-notch.

Say what you will, he's always part of the UFC event experience.

WAR GOLDIE!

Having been to UFC shows and then other shows...Buffer is a huge part of the love experience.

drinking early or Nebi on the brain...as to Goldie...the man is solid...as Paladin said 4 hours with no metrics is a long time to commentate...

Is he locked in a contract dispute with Dana or something? He pretty much would have to take whatever he is offered with ZERO options..

https://twitter.com/MFG16/

His latest post:

Mike Goldberg ‏@MFG16
THANK YOU for the WELL WISHES! UFC FANS are AS REAL as IT GETS! Bummed to miss the rematch but health first. Enjoy the fights..HERE WE GO!!!

Screw the haters, come back Goldie all is forgiven!

goldie makes the fights way more entertaining...missed his voice this past weekend

Get well soon, Goldie. (If you're sick.) I hope that I don't read IT'S ALL OVER for you in 2013.

I support Goldie. Not the same without him.

I gotta say that Goldie's excitement is very exciting.

Back