Attacking the Knee with a Toe Hold + rolling [Video]

ThePainFactory

I train Ninjas
@Blue
Reaction score
I recently did a private class for someone who is a fan of my channel. They requested a private covering toe holds. I thought it would be nice do a video with them over the material I covered in the private. I broke everything I went over into simple short videos. This is the first one covering how to attack the knee with a toe hold.

Attacking the Knee with a Toe Hold

[YT]FuroHLfrHpo[/YT]

Follow Up Video Finishing the Submission

I uploaded our roll session. It contains many leg transitions.

[YT]vWCgkbHeRc8[/YT]

Last edited:
I love making videos for you guys. I am constantly trying to improve.

The rolling session just finished uploading. I added it to the original post.

Last edited:
I watched the video, pretty cool detail on attacking the knee vs the ankle. I would like more detail on actually applying the submission and preventing the person from rolling while staying IBJJF legal (outside leg cannot cross past the hip)

I found this to be very helpful, forwarded it to a few friends. Love your teaching style!

I watched the video, pretty cool detail on attacking the knee vs the ankle. I would like more detail on actually applying the submission and preventing the person from rolling while staying IBJJF legal (outside leg cannot cross past the hip)

Here is a follow up that I did for you. This will really bring your leg attacks to a new level.

Just curious do you do any gi tournaments ? If so ibjff?

Never trained in a Gi and honestly don't consider what I do to be BJJ. I have only did no gi tourneys. I turn 38 this weekend. I think the last time I competed I was 32 so it has been awhile. I have been feeling the pull to start competing again and physically I feel better than I did in my twenties. I train a lot smarter now.

I respect BJJ and everyone that train it. In a few day I will have been on the mat for 20 years. In that time I have seen many of my friends go from white to black but the politics of BJJ and the evolution it has taken in the last 10 years has made me want to distance myself from it and focus on my passion - refining techniques that are useful in MMA.

Why do I only show certain Techniques in privates and seminars?

I used to take private lessons from Carlson Gracie Sr. when he would come to Lexington. He would always show me some special trick or technique that would make whatever he went over in his regular seminar work better. I asked him once why he didn't show those things in the seminar. He said he liked me and that Jui-Jitsu was part of who he is. He said he didn't give everything way just because someone paid money.

I didn't understand at the time but I do now. The things I have learned over the years have taken their toll on my body and become part of who I am. You can spot the people that train because they love the art. I am willing to share everything I have learned with those people. I want them to have and be able to build on the things I have learned and discovered. There are others who feel like they are buying a product and that just because they pay you, that you owe them everything. They don't respect how sacred and hard fought the knowledge you offer is. They don't love the art. I show them what I feel I need to but they don't get everything.

Using the toehold to attack the knee and flowing from this position into other leg attacks took me many years and hundreds of hours on the mat to perfect. Most people wont recognize the possibilities that pushing into your opponent like I showed in the follow up video creates. They just wont get it.

I love these leg attack vids, thanks for putting them up for us.

You guys are welcome...I'm getting a older and there are a few of you that well take these things and build on them. I am going to give these videos a little time for people to share and absorb then I will make a few on Knee bars. There is a whole world to knee bars that I honestly have not seen anyone cover.

Back