Attacking a fleeing opponent is underutilized

tumblr_m5a7la5Gi41ry1rm7o1_400.gif
This should’ve been in the OP. Best one!

View attachment 721457

tumblr_omnahd4dRB1qd4esao1_400.gifv

tumblr_oa4c6opQ0e1qd4esao1_500.gif

I feel like nowadays we’re letting people run away a lot more without consequence.

Hit him while he’s running!!
Not really since guy's turning their back and running away like that is pretty rare.

I remember watching Anthony and Horedeski when it happened and thought it was hilarious. Turning your back and running like this is a disqualification for timidity in Boxing as it's considered a sign of surrender, should be the same in MMA.

Pretty sure someone also caught Overeem doing this in the UFC (maybe Stipe or Rothwell) but I can't remember if it led to the finish or not.

Attacking someone that is being unpredictable is highly dangerous in a sport with devastating consequences.

Notice how everyone that does it here is throwing caution to the wind, are wide open to counter from a position they aren't familiar with and they have to get almost on top of them to throw to land successfully as they move away. So many things can go wrong.

This is like playing Russian roulette when you are already about to win without chambering a bullet.
Pretty hard to throw a counter with your back turned to your opponent and your brain in flight mode.

A good example would be DC tripping a fleeing Hendo. That was funny.

Agreed. Flee then reset, this is a fight, enough fleeing and resetting, that shit is boring.

I mean pretty well. The strategic failure wasnt the running it was the shitty chrome attempt instead of throwing GNP
So you would say Reem’s strategy was overall pretty effective in that fight.

A person running away because they are rocked and a person running away strategically are different animals. Generally "running" is a strategy used by counter strikers

Yeah. He turned his back and tried to get away. Threw a hail Mary spinning backfist as Yves launched

That's not what happened dude...people always remember the sequence up to the backfist wrong

or maybe I do <{katwhu}>

Josh was looking for the backfist after getting up with Yves behind him...it happened earlier and he had Yves wrist like he was going to try and turn him with the threat of a kimura and went for the backfist..Yves saw it coming and boom.

Stipe tried to attack here, but Overeem ducked that shit like he had eyes in the back of his head.

SinfulBronzeAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif
Fuck off Allistar Runereem ran the entire fight it was disgraceful..

Back