Attacking a fleeing opponent is underutilized

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
upload_2020-2-3_0-25-51.jpeg

tumblr_omnahd4dRB1qd4esao1_400.gifv

tumblr_oa4c6opQ0e1qd4esao1_500.gif

I feel like nowadays we’re letting people run away a lot more without consequence.

Hit him while he’s running!!

I do that to my Gf when we're arguing all the time, overrated.

The thing is some guys do it to bait

Iirc overeem rocked stipe by running and then turning and throwing a cross

Stipe tried to attack here, but Overeem ducked that shit like he had eyes in the back of his head.

SinfulBronzeAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Exactly, if you give them too much space you never know what kind of crazy strike they could come up with.
giphy.gif

Attacking someone that is being unpredictable is highly dangerous in a sport with devastating consequences.

Notice how everyone that does it here is throwing caution to the wind, are wide open to counter from a position they aren't familiar with and they have to get almost on top of them to throw to land successfully as they move away. So many things can go wrong.

This is like playing Russian roulette when you are already about to win without chambering a bullet.

Damnnn that WAS slick
Stipe showed some toughness there too. He got hit flush by a big dude. He fell but stayed conscious. Overeem would've been napping if he took the same punch. Shame that was the closest Overeem came to Ufc gold.

I think Nick Diaz threw a kick like that to Paul Daley or Scott Smith in Strikeforce.
I have to rewatch those fights again.

Diaz is one of the best at pulling off that move.

Back