Atleast 5 of my coworkers think Bellator is the UFC

Yup....some causal fans associate mma as being the UFC

Atleast you don't work around people who think that UFC is a sport. I remember a customer walked in with a UFC Gym shirt on and my manager said "Hey, you train UFC?" and the dude replied "Yea, I do". I was like WTF?????

It's a double edged sword. If the casuals think Bellator is the UFC then they may get his MMA fix watching Spike and completely ignore the UFC product.

funny,some of coworkers called it a "Hispanic version of UFC"

guess the name that's written all over the bellator cage is confusing. plus all the advertisements for bellator and the mentioning of bellator tournament and bellator CEO bjorn rebney every 10 minutes of a broadcast.

can be confusing to some. maybe they mute the sound and only have tunnel vision to see what's going on in the center of the cage.

Another "omg casual fans are so beneath me" circle jerk. Everyone just bashes people that aren't in the know instead of just correcting them politely and informing them about the sport. This is why nothing really grows anymore. Everyone has an elitist attitude about everything they enjoy.

I just found out, after all of these years, that all Julian wanted to do was train with Duane Ludwig.....

[YT]rkN8V2Xogsw[/YT]

Consider yourself lucky. Nobody i work with watches mma. I have to talk about game of thrones all day.

The majority of people I know, who don't follow the sport, have barely heard the term "mixed martial arts" or "MMA" and know it only as "UFC" or "ultimate fighting". I think thats pretty common for a lot of people out there.

Yeah, when I talk to a casual I call mma ufc otherwise they'd have no idea what I am talking about.

The TS just wants some attention with his lies...nobody watches Bellator.

not my fault you are a fake mma fan.

and yes we all are aware why the call all mma ufc. it didn't need 10 people explaining it.

UFC is a king brand when it come to MMA.

They called Bellator UFC, then they referred facial tissues as Kleenex, asked for a Band-Aid instead of an adhesive medical strip, a Q-tip instead of a cotton swab, then they said they threw their trash in a dumpster when it was obviously just a trash bin.

Just want to give this guy's perfect metaphors more light

The TS just wants some attention with his lies...nobody watches Bellator.

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale 609k viewers
Bellator 120 prelims 712k viewers

Seems legit

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale 609k viewers
Bellator 120 prelims 712k viewers

Seems legit

fake mma fans dude.

"I am a hardcore mma fan. I only watch the ufc and militantly trash anything that isnt the ufc"

there are still a ton of people that thing the UFC or MMA is fake like wrestling...

it is extremely common.

Consider yourself lucky. Nobody i work with watches mma. I have to talk about game of thrones all day.

same here, my idiot boss calls it game of thorns, friggin noob

Back