Atleast 5 of my coworkers think Bellator is the UFC

Hank30

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
But at least they are watching each week. It took me a few times before i realized "did you see the ufc this weekend" meant bellator and not the pppv.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Only further proving the UFC's branding of the product is amazingly effective.

as long as they train Bellator they can call it the UFC training, nps!

The majority of people I know, who don't follow the sport, have barely heard the term "mixed martial arts" or "MMA" and know it only as "UFC" or "ultimate fighting". I think thats pretty common for a lot of people out there.

But at least they are watching each week. It took me a few times before i realized "did you see the ufc this weekend" meant bellator and not the pppv.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Just goes to show that MMA is NOT as popular as Dana White thinks it is. It doesn't compare with any of the major team sports, golf, tennis, boxing...

UFC has been very effecting in instilling the notion that MMA = UFC. Although to be fair, the latter term predates the first.

UFC is a king brand when it come to MMA.

They called Bellator UFC, then they referred facial tissues as Kleenex, asked for a Band-Aid instead of an adhesive medical strip, a Q-tip instead of a cotton swab, then they said they threw their trash in a dumpster when it was obviously just a trash bin.

Yes. Also going back to Strikeforce, Elite, and any other form of MMA that guys came across they thought it was UFC. UFC by many of the casuals out there is believed to be the name of the sport.

When me and my friend Omar talk about what we're gonna do over the weekend, he always asks if I'm gonna watch ufc or bellator, that's pretty close I guess.

The TS just wants some attention with his lies...nobody watches Bellator.

Happens here in Argentina, were nobody knows what mma is and they think mma is ufc and you can only see bellator on tv

The majority of people I know, who don't follow the sport, have barely heard the term "mixed martial arts" or "MMA" and know it only as "UFC" or "ultimate fighting". I think thats pretty common for a lot of people out there.

This.

They called Bellator UFC, then they referred facial tissues as Kleenex, asked for a Band-Aid instead of an adhesive medical strip, a Q-tip instead of a cotton swab, then they said they threw their trash in a dumpster when it was obviously just a trash bin.

very good answer !!

That was good.

Back