Atlanta Ousts Fire Chief Who Has Antigay Views

1)If your boss gave you a religious book containing passages that condemn homosexuality what would you do?

Probably depend on the person. I'd probably toss in a complaint to HR if he was an asshole, or talk to him privately and tell him it wasn't appropriate if not.

2)If he had given them the Koran or the Holy Bible which condemn homosexuality too what would have happened?

Same thing.

Maybe the workplace isn't the appropriate location to be distributing books with material that shits on people. He would have had the same consequences if his book criticized black people, or Jews, or women. Though if he had been fired in those instances, I doubt there would be so much support being rallied for him.

Probably depend on the person. I'd probably toss in a complaint to HR if he was an asshole, or talk to him privately and tell him it wasn't appropriate if not.

Same thing.

Maybe the workplace isn't the appropriate location to be distributing books with material that shits on people. He would have had the same consequences if his book criticized black people, or Jews, or women. Though if he had been fired in those instances, I doubt there would be so much support being rallied for him.

got it
but do you think that The Bible and The Koran shit on people?

You're a public official with responsibilities to stakeholders and the larger community. Has nothing to do with the 1st amendment.

Mayor was strong (and correct).

"gave workers a religious book he wrote containing passages that condemn homosexuality''

this guy is writing books?

but who feels the need to punish those who disagree with them? oh, right, nazis and muslims.

You can hold whatever beliefs he wants, but when you start preaching and distributing material you wrote, you cross a line.

Just another victim of this politically correct, shithole world that we now live in.

"gave workers a religious book he wrote containing passages that condemn homosexuality''

but who feels the need to punish those who disagree with them? oh, right, nazis and muslims.

His boss?

Just another victim of this politically correct, shithole world that we now live in.

So if the chief was a Muslim who wrote a book saying that all Christian infidels should be killed, you'd be okay with that?

You can hold whatever beliefs he wants, but when you start preaching and distributing material you wrote, you cross a line.

Its fine to write and distribute books. Do it at work and your ass is likely fired though.

Its fine to write and distribute books. Do it at work and your ass is likely fired though.

Yeah, sorry that was a thought fragment. I meant the distributing it at work.

There was no work related reason for the guy to hand out these books. So if people were offended/intimidated by them then he deserved to be punished for it. If he's that religious then he should have done it on his own time outside of work. It's not professional to pull that kind of shit at work.

Don't let the fire hose spray your ass out the door, Chiefy

So if the chief was a Muslim who wrote a book saying that all Christian infidels should be killed, you'd be okay with that?

The guy wrote that all gays should be killed?

Ok that is really going too far. I agree that he should be reprimanded for that.

I had to do a double take when I read that too. I wonder what it says lmao. I think it's pretty fair seeing as the fire dpt is a public organisation. (i think?)

Back