Athletic Training Programs for MMA

Shadrach

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm doing some market research for a personal trainer and would appreciate your thoughts on Athletic Training Programs for MMA. Specifically programs custom designed for each individual. Not talking about a one-off program here. Nothing cookie cutter about it. If you wouldn't mind taking a couple of minutes to take a survey it would really help us out.

If you feel like you have your training pretty well figured out and have no need for a personal trainer, I respect that but this survey probably isn't for you.

Have you lost a fight where you felt at a disadvantage because of a lack of athleticism - i.e. Strength, Speed, Power, or Flexibility?

Do you feel like your fights suffer for an inability to execute with Power, Speed, etc?

Have you seen impressive results in the weight room that fail to translate to the ring?

Tell us here. We appreciate any input. We don't ask for an email address or anything like that just your thoughts.

Take our Survey

Thanks,
Josh

Only one response so far. Come on guys. Someone tell me a horror story. What's the worst example you've seen of a fight lost due to a lack of athleticism?

What I'm talking about here is someone who pretty well knows the technique but lacks the athleticism to execute with power and speed?

I suppose an obvious example would be a fighter starting well but gas-ing in later rounds. How about someone that sees all the opportunities but just can't close quickly enough to capitalize? Or someone that has all the speed in the world but lacks the power to deliver truly damaging strikes?

Anyone ever experienced something like that?

Tell me here...

A Serbian Post

So I went to the gym this afternoon, I get to the squat rack and there's a guy fucking a newborn baby to death while some freakshow films it and some Captain Lou Albano-looking motherfucker is showing this scene to some scuzzy guy, maybe a member of Nickelback.

And I was like, "oh my fucking God."

So I said, "HEY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!"

And I pointed my finger skyward, and they all looked. Except the baby, not so sure about her.

There was a big, clearly-marked sign that said "PLEASE -- NO FUCKING BABIES TO DEATH IN THE SQUAT RACK. -- Mgmt."

And the "PLEASE" and "Mgmt." were in this nice script.

"Can you not fucking READ?!" I demanded.

One of them said "Please excuse, we are Serbia."

And I said "I don't care what damn investment bank you're from, take it somewhere else, baby fuckers!"

And as they left, the baby fucking guy had the nerve to ask, "will it hurt knees, baby fucking past parallel?"

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW! HAVE A FUCKING SEANCE AND ASK MICHAEL JACKSON, ASSHOLE!"

Sheesh. Some people.

A Serbian Post

So I went to the gym this afternoon, I get to the squat rack and there's a guy fucking a newborn baby to death while some freakshow films it and some Captain Lou Albano-looking motherfucker is showing this scene to some scuzzy guy, maybe a member of Nickelback.

And I was like, "oh my fucking God."

So I said, "HEY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!"

And I pointed my finger skyward, and they all looked. Except the baby, not so sure about her.

There was a big, clearly-marked sign that said "PLEASE -- NO FUCKING BABIES TO DEATH IN THE SQUAT RACK. -- Mgmt."

And the "PLEASE" and "Mgmt." were in this nice script.

"Can you not fucking READ?!" I demanded.

One of them said "Please excuse, we are Serbia."

And I said "I don't care what damn investment bank you're from, take it somewhere else, baby fuckers!"

And as they left, the baby fucking guy had the nerve to ask, "will it hurt knees, baby fucking past parallel?"

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW! HAVE A FUCKING SEANCE AND ASK MICHAEL JACKSON, ASSHOLE!"

Sheesh. Some people.

spockbrow_nonamedufus-090208.gif

Back