athletes from other sports who had they done mma they would of made great fighters

I'm not so sure about running backs. Sure they would have power, but most are really short and in that no-mans land in terms of weight (220 to 230 lbs). Too small and short for HWY, but they would lose significant strength by cutting to LHW.
I disagree. look at dc. hwy weight champ. if those running backs focused on wrestling or mma their whole lives they would be hard to stop. I would think a larger framed guy like overeem for example would be unstoppable but I been proven wrong. fedor was a monster back in the day at 230 lbs. most nfl running backs would dwarf him

Lol at everyone in here claiming most football players would have done great.

Just because they can score touchdowns does not mean they can have great striking or jiu jitsu.
What the hell is wrong with this place? Get off these dudes nuts and go train a little. You’ll find out real quick just cause you have a reach doesn’t mean shit.

And to those who are just trolling, good job because I fell for it. Lol

with running backs maybe a few but not all and same with defensive ends
I agree. they all wouldn't make the cut.

but most guys who got the starting job at running back on an nfl team, are quite athletic compared to the heavyweights on the ufc roster.

Herschel Walker. His fight put the stamp on that. With his work ethic and demeanor I think he would've been a killer.

Roy and Tyson with proper TDD and grappling experience would run through pretty much anyone. Loma if he expanded on his grappling would be a force too.

Hard to gauge how well athletes with no combat sports experience can handle being punched in the face. Bo Jackson and Lebron are freak athletes, but there's no guarantee that they are cut for fighting.

Lol at everyone in here claiming most football players would have done great.

Just because they can score touchdowns does not mean they can have great striking or jiu jitsu.
What the hell is wrong with this place? Get off these dudes nuts and go train a little. You’ll find out real quick just cause you have a reach doesn’t mean shit.

And to those who are just trolling, good job because I fell for it. Lol

"Most" seems like a stretch I agree, but if you have actually trained then you know damn well that guys that are far superior athletes have an inherent advantage. Nobody is saying all of them would pan out. And nobody is saying you could pluck a runningback off an NFL roster and he'd come and clean house. I think the point is that if you take superior athletes and gave them the same fight training that pros have had, you would see a disproportionate amount of success. Which makes sense, because in a fight being stronger and faster does actually matter.

Alexander Karelin
Surprised I had to scroll so far, although he was a Greco guy. I think folkstyle guys like the brands brothers who are Lawler level psycho would have Been beasts

Kareem Abdul Jabber... reach, skill and an all around top-tier athlete...

JacksonBo_0.jpg
This is your answer...

Might be the most athletically gifted human I've ever watched do anything

A lot of rugby players.... freaky Polynesian genes. Plus 40 min halves so decent cardio. Plus take impacts for a career. Sure a punch to the face is different but the mentality is probably there for alot of them.

Herschel Walker. His fight put the stamp on that. With his work ethic and demeanor I think he would've been a killer.
That’s the first one I thought of as well. He had some quirks about him, but he was probably one of the best pure athletes of all time.

Back