Athletes failing drug test vs the working man.

Hey sherbros, while watching some ESPN a report comes out about yet another athlete (NFL player Marcell Dareus of the buffalo bills in this case) was caught using banned substances and was suspended 4 games. This happened to be the second time this young man has failed to pass a drug screen in the NFL and was only suspended one game last in his offense last year. In light of the recent USADA craze on these forums as of late it got me thinking, in what other professions besides sports can you hand you boss dirty piss and get a slap on the wrist just to be back headlining a UFC like many have done or back making millions in baseball or football or hell even going on to compete in the Olympics like the staggering amount of athletes who have tested positive and are in this years rio Olympics. If I fail a drug test for my employer I get a lifetime ban from that particular company, why should it be different for UFC fighters and other athletes? Yes I understand there is not as many athletic organizations (company's/jobs) but if I land my dream job can't get any better then it's nearly the same in my eyes. Thanks Bros discuss the topic not my white belt!

You wouldn't get fired if your Drugs were Performance Enhancing. Now get to back to work dummy.

Also kinda funny that you open your post calling me a "sourass" when you are the one who made a thread because his job or at least that part of his job sucks and now he has to complain about people who are doing something better with their lives or at least something that you seem jealous about

Sounds really confident and content with your life, really not sour at all believe me

You wouldn't get fired if your Drugs were Performance Enhancing. Now get to back to work dummy.
I agree but explain Nick Diaz 5 year (initially) suspension... Jon jones Coke? U can't tell me those are performance enhancers...

Also kinda funny that you open your post calling me a "sourass" when you are the one who made a thread because his job or at least that part of his job sucks and now he has to complain about people who are doing something better with their lives or at least something that you seem jealous about

Sounds really confident and content with your life, really not sour at all believe me
As stated before I don't get tested and have a very good job. This thread isn't about me mr.sourass it was just a random high thought. By the way I could care less if my favorite fighter is on PEDS. I say scree it let em all juice and smoke weed I don't care JUST BLEED!!!

Haha. I went from one industry that doesn't test at all (wall st) to another that doesn't test at all (Hollywood). Around here it always seem like menial jobs that test for drugs. I mean hell people in finance are responsible for millions of dollars and people coke on the daily.

Interesting I didn't know a nurse would only get a month suspension. Are they living in a legal/medicinal state? I don't get random tested at my job this thread isn't about me I smoke pot daily I was just interested in others thoughts on the subject and this was exactly the response I was hoping for. Very Suprised if true
Sorry, missed this earlier. State is Oregon and it was about 18 months ago. Nurse was a supervisor and got knocked back down to the floor with a one month suspension.

It was my step-children's step-mother and I'm not close to her but I did get the real skinny. I don't know a lot of details but I am confident in those broad strokes. I can't recall where she was working ATM. If you are really interested, PM me and I'll get the details.

I was surprised, too. She did NOT have a medical card.

I work in high tech manufacturing making just over 80/yr and not tested at all for anything ever in almost eleven years.

Haha. I went from one industry that doesn't test at all (wall st) to another that doesn't test at all (Hollywood). Around here it always seem like menial jobs that test for drugs. I mean hell people in finance are responsible for millions of dollars and people coke on the daily.

Most drug laws in our country's history were formed via fear mongering over newly arrived immigrants.

Alcohol = Irish and Germans
Opium = Chinese railroad workers
Cocaine = Black men chasing white women (allegedly)
Marijuana = Mexicans
Etc...

Back