Athletes failing drug test vs the working man.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by EOD, Aug 16, 2016.

1. EOD

EOD Orange Belt

Hey sherbros, while watching some ESPN a report comes out about yet another athlete (NFL player Marcell Dareus of the buffalo bills in this case) was caught using banned substances and was suspended 4 games. This happened to be the second time this young man has failed to pass a drug screen in the NFL and was only suspended one game last in his offense last year. In light of the recent USADA craze on these forums as of late it got me thinking, in what other professions besides sports can you hand you boss dirty piss and get a slap on the wrist just to be back headlining a UFC like many have done or back making millions in baseball or football or hell even going on to compete in the Olympics like the staggering amount of athletes who have tested positive and are in this years rio Olympics. If I fail a drug test for my employer I get a lifetime ban from that particular company, why should it be different for UFC fighters and other athletes? Yes I understand there is not as many athletic organizations (company's/jobs) but if I land my dream job can't get any better then it's nearly the same in my eyes. Thanks Bros discuss the topic not my white belt!

2. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

Your belt is yellow.

davisbe, LouisBolanos and ortizgnp like this.
  3. EOD

EOD Orange Belt

I actually looked damn u got me

davisbe and AC1D1K like this.
  4. blopdak

blopdak Blue Belt

Depending on the industry, a lot of companies don't drug test at all. You just happen to be in one that does.

LazyViking and Air Lats like this.
  5. ironball

ironball Brown Belt

TS may be on to something, I mean in a sense that any hazardous jobs where your operating dangerous machinery that could hurt you or yourself lethally, shits terrible

in the same sense, fighters on PEDs are able to train more, with better technique, and be stronger, with greater cardio, thus greatly reducing the likelihood of defeating the opponent (which usually involves knockouts, concussions).

With that being said, these guys are pro athletes and they've already accepted that they'll be getting brain damage one way or another

AC1D1K and Air Lats like this.
  6. EOD

EOD Orange Belt

Yes but just pretend they don't have a banned list of substances u can't take to work there, even if the case may be they just don't want to pay for it.

davisbe likes this.
  7. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Tons of companies don't drug test especially outside the US.

Also the UFC does not drug test either and they don't give a fuck about recreational drugs it's the athletic commisions doing the drug testing.

On top fo that drug testing at companies is a pile of shit anyway so why are you trying to justify injustice because something happens to be shit.

Just a bad thread on many levels

8. Sakuraba808

Sakuraba808 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I think testing for THC in jobs is stupid, I also think getting high on the job is stupid. Theres always guys fucking it up for everybody. all the baseball players that pissed hot for PEDS are probably pissed at all these NFL players getting away with murder. The NFL is known for PED abuse and drug abuse yet those guys only get a game suspension because football LOL.

LazyViking and EOD like this.
  9. Donny White

Donny White Brown Belt

Wall of text hurts my eyes like Jon Jones' fingers.

davisbe, Toco, Talon81 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Haj01

Haj01 Silver Belt

That is so un-American and so unconstitutional. I mean sports is different. But in the work place?

11. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

No, it actually is. You get a yellow belt at 150 posts.

Air Lats and EOD like this.
  12. Diaz or Woodly or some1 that is still good

Diaz or Woodly or some1 that is still good Green Belt

Ur boss shouldn't Be able to tell U not to do drugs IMO

AC1D1K and EOD like this.
  13. EOD

EOD Orange Belt

It must be terrible to be such a sourass every day of your life. The question is not what jobs drug test or don't, as far as I'm concerned jobs that don't drug test don't have a banned list of substances therefore u can't fail a drug test. Also my job dosent drug test me the clinic does, just like the UFC (employer) dosent drug test Thier employee USADA does. How the hell do u think USADA gets paid? Trust me in some way or another the UFC compensates them or USASA would be bankrupt.

14. EOD

EOD Orange Belt

That damn trivia game lol

McgreGOATsLeft likes this.
  15. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

The clinic does the testing because they are qualified to do so. A clinic does the testing in MMA as well not the commision as the clmic is qualified to do so. The clnic gets hired and acts ton helf of either your company or the commision.

Obviously USADA gets paid they do the testing. But recreational drugs arent even banned they are banned on fight night in between fights you can snort as much coke and smoke as much weed as you want.

Testing positive for recreational drugs is the equivalent to showing up to your job intoxicated but they aren't banned in combat sports in general just as with a company wher ethey don't drug test but would obviously still be pissed if you showed up to work intoxicated

16. Air Lats

Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest! Platinum Member

At a restraurant eating a succulent Chinese meal.
    Wait, what's the question?

Are you wondering why sports have a different punishment structure than individual companies?

I know a nurse who pissed hot for THC and just got a month unpaid suspension and a moderate demotion.

It's just a matter of policy. These aren't widely applicable laws, just policy.

Policy, by its' nature, is up to the company or corporation or sporting body's discretion.

Of course it is not uniform.

davisbe and EOD like this.
  17. 777 Others

777 Others Purple Belt

TS - if your boss caught you taking performance enhancing drugs.........drugs that made you better at your job......I'm sure you'd get a pat on the back!!!!

Maybe we should feel sorry for these poor hot piss UFC athletes!

18. giancaakos54

giancaakos54 Blue Belt

19. Rod Farva

Rod Farva War Big Nog!

Depends on the industry and depends on the drug.

I'm sure you'd be in a heap of trouble if your drug was alcohol and you were a driver for FedEx

20. EOD

EOD Orange Belt

Interesting I didn't know a nurse would only get a month suspension. Are they living in a legal/medicinal state? I don't get random tested at my job this thread isn't about me I smoke pot daily I was just interested in others thoughts on the subject and this was exactly the response I was hoping for. Very Suprised if true