Atheists -- aliens or god?

A good question might also be:

"If you believe it is possible there is other intelligent life out there, even much higher intelligent life, then how can you rule out the possibility that one of those higher intelligent beings wasn't a creator God that created humans?"

Unnecessary step. A alien lifeform creating us, would by necessity have had a biogenesis of their own. Inventing a alien origin to explain away our own biogenesis, simply pushes the matter one step away, creating more problems.

idk if aliens have visited earth but some of the unexplained incidents are really interesting if you have the time to research them, especially space incidents

Both are very likely imo.

EDIT: i have my doubts about aliens on earth, but not in the universe.

Unnecessary step. A alien lifeform creating us would by necessity have had a biogenesis of their own. Inventing a alien origin to explain away our own biogenesis, simply pushes the matter one step away, creating more problems.

None of that makes it less likely to have happened

and the angel that showed up to bless Mary with Jesus was actually an alien who artificially inseminated her, explaining the immaculate conception and how she was able to become pregnant without having intercourse. Think about it.

Or maybe Chuck Norris just traveled back in time, pointed his finger at Mary and said boo-yah. Seems possible... after all Jesus did have that great beard.

idk if aliens have visited earth but some of the unexplained incidents are really interesting if you have the time to research them, especially space incidents

True. There is at least some arguable evidence for aliens from credible sources. The evidence for a god is a christian screaming at you with an open bible saying, look its right here.

True. There is at least some arguable evidence for aliens from credible sources. The evidence for a god is a christian screaming at you with an open bible saying, look its right here.

If there was no Jesus then why do we celebrate Christmas? Checkmate Atheists!

Unnecessary step. A alien lifeform creating us would by necessity have had a biogenesis of their own. Inventing a alien origin to explain away our own biogenesis, simply pushes the matter one step away, creating more problems.

You are presuming to know things you can't possibly know. Time has no beginning. Space has no beginning. The gases that supposedly turned into matter had no beginning. These are all concepts accepted by most scientists or at best unexplained.

There could be life forms that had no beginning as well.

Or regardless if humans have it wrong and there was a beginning for God, it still doesn't have anything to do with why someone would rule out higher intelligent life is responsible for us. It is a lot more plausible imo than things coming into existence and an entire universe forming by coincidence, including an Earth that just so happened to be the perfect livable conditions for the life that formed itself from non-life and splintered into millions of species land and air. If there is more intelligent life out there (and it would be hubris to think we are the most intelligent of all life if people do believe life exists elsewhere) how can you rule out the possibility of a creator God? That isn't adding a step as far as the purpose of this discussion, that is just asking a question. How can you rule the possibility out?

The main problem with Aliens is that even if every habitable planet has a race of intelligent beings on it, we still will probably never make contact. The way it works out is using the earth as an example we figure it's about 4 billion years old, and we have only been here for 250,000 years or so. Not to mention we will probably die out within the next million or so years, so we only have a cosmic second to make contact with aliens during that same cosmic second. And with all the solar systems being billions of years of age different from one another there is almost no chance of that happening.

Lol, nice fantasy story you have here

None of that makes it less likely to have happened

Possible maybe, but occams razor suggest we should look for simple origins, not overly complicated ones. Atleast when there are no proof or even indications for it.

Why invent aliens without any proof, to explain our biogenesis only to have to explain the biogenesis of the aliens AND their seeding of earth?

Lol, nice fantasy story you have here

You are still on mute but I thought I would read a couple of your posts and you are in the running for worst poster on these boards. Everything he said was spot on and correct. Just because it doesn't resonate in your one track christian mind doesn't make it fantasy.

Unfortunately I wont be able to see your rebuttal

For clarity:

1) I'm an atheist, and have been so all my life. I can't see any convincing evidence or rationale for a god to exist, even less for any god that matches the major religions depictions.

2) I think alien life somewhere, at some point in time sounds extremely likely based on what we know of the universe as of now.

3) I think alien intelligence somewhere, at some point in time sounds very likely based on the same.

4) I don't believe in aliens. I just find them likely.

5) I don't believe in gods. I just find them unlikely.

6) I find alien intelligence currently visiting or having visited Earth in the past to be unlikely in the extreme, based on the lack of evidence and what we know of the difficulties of interstellar travel.

This is a good point and something that isn't brought up enough.

Humans have been around for 250,000 years, human civilization for 10,000 years, halfway technologically modern for 150 years and able to communicate with space for 50 years.

That's absolutely NOTHING in space terms. I mean, we may have had some intelligent race throwing all kinds of radio signals in, say, 33,000 BC but there was no one to pick it up.

Or maybe some aliens scoped Earth in 122,000 BC but found nothing but stupid creatures and decided to move on.

And of course, the possibility that our current technology and civilization is still far too stupid for some other races to bother communicating with.
Yeah, it boggles the mind to think about how hard it would be to communicate with an alien race even if we knew where they were. The universe is so vast it could take your message billions of years to get to the target and by then the target will have moved out of the way and the targeted race will be long dead.

But isn't a massive universe coming out of no where harder to believe then the possibility that there are not aliens out there somewhere?
Only religitards ever say this is how the universe came into existence. Remember that you think a non physical being brought everything from nothing. Science says no such thing.

Lol, exactly. Just bevause you don't understand how a creator could create a universe doesn't make it magic.

Bowever, a universe popping up without a creator would be magic.

What we do understand is the genesis of all of the creator god stories. We know about where and when they were first written down and we know they are 100% made up. To ignore all the evidence and just believe in fairy tales is so juvenile that it should be considered a mental illness and those people should not be allowed to make decisions more important than what they're going to eat at their next meal.

Possible maybe, but occams razor suggest we should look for simple origins, not overly complicated ones. Atleast when there are no proof or even indications for it.

Why invent aliens without any proof, to explain our biogenesis only to have to explain the biogenesis of the aliens AND their seeding of earth?

I understand that but why dismisses it on the same token? It isn't a crazy idea.

The main problem with Aliens is that even if every habitable planet has a race of intelligent beings on it, we still will probably never make contact. The way it works out is using the earth as an example we figure it's about 4 billion years old, and we have only been here for 250,000 years or so. Not to mention we will probably die out within the next million or so years, so we only have a cosmic second to make contact with aliens during that same cosmic second. And with all the solar systems being billions of years of age different from one another there is almost no chance of that happening.

Where did you get these absurd numbers from? The book I read said earth is only 6,000 years old. And because it was in a book it must be true.

Where did you get these absurd numbers from? The book I read said earth is only 6,000 years old. And because it was in a book it must be true.

Well that AND a guy in a robe tells me that on Sundays so it has to be double true

Yeah, it boggles the mind to think about how hard it would be to communicate with an alien race even if we knew where they were. The universe is so vast it could take your message billions of years to get to the target and by then the target will have moved out of the way and the targeted race will be long dead.

Only religitards ever say this is how the universe came into existence. Remember that you think a non physical being brought everything from nothing. Science says no such thing.

What we do understand is the genesis of all of the creator god stories. We know about where and when they were first written down and we know they are 100% made up. To ignore all the evidence and just believe in fairy tales is so juvenile that it should be considered a mental illness and those people should not be allowed to make decisions more important than what they're going to eat at their next meal.

The fairy tale is that everything evolved from a single cell and even more silly is the idea it happened on its own.

Check your own mental health sir.

Back